Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Yeah, those will all be fakemon based on the starters. You can see the watermark of the artist in the top right corner. :p

Should probably also add that there will be tons of 'leaked' (read as: fake) starter evolutions coming in the next few months.
(although I'm certain someone's posted this already, I thought maybe to bring it up again since the first images have appeared)

My first Starter for Alola is most likely going to be Popplio this time around.

Rowlet and Litten are just as good, though.

Rowlet's the first dual-typed starter since Bulbasaur. That's one way to make a strong nod to Gen 1. I reckon it will have balanced stats as it evolves. I think it would evolve into a wise old owl.

Litten, I speculate, would evolve into a fierce Fire/Dark Type Fragile Speedster, if not, a Glass Cannon. I reckon it would evolve into either a panther or tiger. The comparisons made to Ryuko from Kill la Kill are quite funny.

And finally, Popplio is probably going to be a Lightning Bruiser, given it's current bio as of now. I think it will become Water/Fighting, just to complete a circus-themed motive the new Starters seem to be showing.

Aw... I was kind of hoping Solgaleo was a Fire type, but Steel is pretty cool. It seems that Solgaleo will be a Physical attacker, where Lunalaa is a Special attacker.
Now please, Pokemon, show us the evolutions for the starters so we can show the Popplio haters that he isn't so bad!

I'm naming my Solgaleo Elric and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Also it's really cool that malasadas are referenced!

Wow, so this is some news indeed.

Now before anyone complains about Sol and Lun's abilties or types to be unoriginal, just remember this. Reshiram and Zekrom both had the same exact abilities that were essentially Mold Breaker with fancy names. Also, sure, there have been a lot of Psychic type legends, but we haven't had one as a mascot since Lugia.

That being said, I did not expect Solgaleo to be a Steel type. The Psychic type I was leaning towards, but I was surprised with Steel as its secondary type. I guess Fire type would have been too easy. Nice to see another Steel type legend.

As for the human characters, Lillie has caught my attention the most. So she is against Pokemon battles and she is working for the professor for personal reasons? Sounds interesting...

NOBODY saw that coming the Psychic/Steel typing HAHA...

also the Rotom Dex form is funny. I like the girl character [main]
And Lillie is standing infront of a bridge in KALOS? HAHA kidding...

hype ^^

Also fun but we already knew... little islands :D 4 islands and maybe more... :D

"Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability."

"Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP."

*cough* Clear Body *cough* Multiscale *cough cough*

Alright, so it looks like the 4 main islands are based off of (from right to left):

Hawai'i (The Big Island), Maui, O'ahu and Kaua'i.

It looks like Mauna Loa or Mauna Kea is going to be a snowy dormant volcano on the big island.

I wonder what that big lab is floating in the middle of the island chain. A giant observatory? The evil team HQ?

Notice in the video thumbnail that the male trainer is wearing that mysterious yellow diamond on his wrist instead of a mega stone!

Notice in the video thumbnail that the male trainer is wearing that mysterious yellow diamond on his wrist instead of a mega stone!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if it's a new form of key stone. It could be a new mechanic too, or a new variation of Mega evolution.

I also noticed that the male trainer is wearing a Popplio colored shirt and shoes and Litten colored pants and the female trainer is wearing a Rowlet colored shirt/shorts combo and Litten colored shoes. :D

In my beautifully deranged mind this is how the story will play out, After Giovanni's pledge to return Team Rocket comes back and in Pokemon moon he uses Lunala to "take" the moon, disrupt our Earth's gravity making tides grow out of control Tsunamis and Hurricanes would be more frequent and twice as devastating the moon is also a "gravity shield" without it we would be vulnerable to asteroids as well, the world without the moon being a balancer the earth would wobble meaning seasons would be more erratic and it would be eternal day. In Pokemon Sun he uses Solgaleo to take the sun causing eternal night plant-life would die and we would all freeze to death, eternal night. With these ultimate threats Giovanni would control the earth totally (not without a show of strength, of course he would have to show off Lunala/Solgaleo's terrifying power.) P.S I don't trust Lille she's evil. PP.S We need character customization the female looks so basic it's illegal.

Last edited:

The female trainer too! You can see she is wearing the blue diamond in the oficial art

So the QR scanner... That means that is no longer necesary trade a pokemon in order to get it registered in your dex?

PD: sorry for my english

Name: Solgaleo
Category: Sunne Pokémon
Height: 11′02″
Weight: 507.1 lbs.
Type: Psychic/Steel
Ability: Full Metal Body

Look like :
Name: Metagross
Type: Psychic/Steel
Ability: Clear Body

There is a Rotom Pokedex. Need I say more?
giphy.gif

Back