Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

Better than waiting an extra 3 months for fates, right?
But they did actually have to translate the different European languages for Fates, so the delay is understandable. It looks like the only delay in SM is shipping and stock, but even that seems
Trozeiani083.png
when considering shops will always have the stock for these games at least a week before the actual release date.

5 days is such a trivial amount of time in the development and production of a video game that the whole delay just seems pointless. That's what annoys me.

These starters are so cool! And the legendaries? My gosh the Sun lion looks AMAZING. These Pokemon and legends look much cooler than the XY ones. And the graphics looked enhanced. And the map looks new as well. And it really is based on Hawaii... The Alola region. The hardest part is gonna be choosing which one to buy...

It's sad how everyone is hating on Popplio :( lol it's not THAT bad but I do admit Rowlet is pretty cute. Still sticking with moon though because that legendary looks soooo cool! Hopefully everyone warms up to everything in due time because I hate to see fans to dislike the overall game and even choose to not get the game just because of one trailer.. but to each their own I guess.

But they did actually have to translate the different European languages for Fates, so the delay is understandable. It looks like the only delay in SM is shipping and stock, but even that seems
Trozeiani083.png
when considering shops will always have the stock for these games at least a week before the actual release date.

5 days is such a trivial amount of time in the development and production of a video game that the whole delay just seems pointless. That's what annoys me.

The delay could be related to some sort of problem Nintendo's European branch has. I have noticed a lot of games being delayed in Europe, and rightly so since European standards are quite different from North American. Be thankfully it's only five days.

I think I'm going to go with Litten. It depends on the evolutions of course. In XY, I thought I'm going with either Chespin or Fennekin, thinking how Froakie was not really impressive. However, after they've introduced Greninja, I had no doubt that I'm going with the Water starter.
My greatest disappointment is that the battle animation looks the same as Gen 6..This has never happened before. Usually, one of the main things that makes you feel like you are playing a new generation aside from the new Pokemon, is the design. This time, it is basically the same as the generation before it.

I hope to Arceus all the Pokemon look as good as the ones revealed today, except for Popplio, that thing is lolsy. I just hope its' evolution is something good like Psychic/Water or even Water/Flying would be cool.

Hooray - news! I seem to be one of the odd ones that like Popplio - I wasn't too fascinated with the other two starters when I first noticed them... though Litten is growing on me a little.

I don't really like either of the legionaries, at least in the way Xerneas appealed to me when it was revealed, but hopefully that will change.

Is... is the theme of these starters a circus?

The owl has a little bowtie, like an emcee, circuses have lions and large cats, which explains the cat, and they famously have trained seals doing tricks, which is what the seal is oh so subtly reminiscent of.

And here I thought this couldn't get worse.

Remember the Strange Souvenir from XY? It's a Tiki head.

It was right in front of us from the very beginning.

EDIT: I guarantee someone already pointed this out and now I look stupid

Last edited:
My starter of choice will be either Poppilo or Rowlet. I also like Solgaleo more then Lunaala. I guarantee on of the starters will pull a Froakie, coming out of left field and will be the starter everyone picks.

I highly doubt they would design a Pokémon based on a human character... Pretty sure it's just a coincidence...

Hence why I said "Its a long pull" specifically. But the rest of my comment still pretty much stands in why it can still relate to X and Y. Right now, its too early to judge negatively based on the footage of a 2 minute trailer.

YEEEES!!!! I've been waiting forever and I finally have something to start investigating! I love the legendaries, the starters are good and the graphics are looking nice so far. I'm going to choose popplio and im also going to say #team sun

I'm happy we got a bird starter. Not gonna say the new Pokémon designs look bad cause they were just revealed, but they remind me of the BW starters a bit as in a lot of people dislike them and they don't look such a balanced and harmonic group.

The graphics and game engine however kind of give on that these games aren't going to be revolutionary like I wanted them, but simply "another Pokémon game".

They could have at least changed the art direction. Hoping for major game mechanics overhaul in Pokémon games is already quite a lost cause, but I was hoping for at least a change of art direction. The footage shown until now looks like ORAS but without the chibi OW.

Also, although we can't now for sure that these won't be related to XY, it certainly looks like Sun and Moon will be independent from the footage shown so far.

So other than Rowlet, this update was pretty disapointing to me.

Congratulations Pokemon, on making a cat, which would not normally care if you're set on fire, but will now ACTIVELY TRY TO SET YOU ON FIRE BECAUSE IT'S A CAT.

Back