'Rising Fist' Scans and Translations! [6/11]

Freezerbern said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Sadly, that is correct. We didn't see Regirock-EX, Regice-EX, Suicune-EX, or Arceus-EX even though other members of their "group" made apperances

Hopefully, TPCi is smart enough to include them in upcoming sets. I mean, the EXs that get megas aren't the only EX cards that appear in the set. Although, the EX cards that have been coming out aren't legendaries (Dragonite, Seismetoad, Toxicroak) so perhaps we'll never see all the trios/groups completed.

I have no idea what is going through their heads when they select who will be an EX for XY. I don't know if it's based on popularity, recent competitive use, but it's definitely not based on the region like other sets.

So far I'm baffled as to why these cards are EX when there are so many others that should be.

Emolga
Magnezone
Toxicroak
Seismitoad

It's only 4 so far but who's to know when they'll stop. At least the common rodents haven't been made EX, like Bibarel EX. That's when I quit buying sets.

They cannot retire the Scraggy/Scrafty line until they make fighting versions of them. We've had seven Scraggy and five Scrafty (including the plasma one) and they've ALL been dark type. Would it kill them to make alternate types of Pokemon if those options are avaliable?

GadgetJax said:
It's settled. I'm making an Electrivire/Magmortar/Emboar deck. A great combo that is probably going to be used at least a few times! Magmortar/Muscle Band can do 180!

Why not just Electrivire/Magmortar/TorchSmith

Athena said:
Because there's a "Y" in the word "fairy" but there's no "X"?

Oh, I heard something on January it was because fairy was introduced in X/Y. But iy would make more sense for it to me X Tbh

I love the full Seismitoad. IT'S SO AWESOME!!!! Anyway,Klefki will make a huge change in the TCG. I'll be running 2 in my deck. I wonder what the rarities on some of the cards are going to be in English?

Poliwrath/Politoad deck? With Politoad in the bench, Poliwrath can do 60 to the active, and 30 to a benched FOR FREE.

Noivern and the old Dusknoir to shift the damage around would be fun.

Also Slaking can stall every mega evolution and most EXs by turn two with a DCE and another energy. The problem is getting it set up before a fighting type can knock it out.
EDIT: Plasma badge and Colress Machine with Plasma frigate seems so solve this, but is a bit of set up.

Mortal_Zachary said:
Am I the only one that is annoyed by [Y] being fairy and not [X]? Can somebody explain this ?
Grass -- [G]
FiRe -- [R]
Water -- [W]
Lightning -- [L]
Psychic -- [P]
Fighting -- [F]
Darkness -- [D]
Metal -- [M]
DragoN -- [N] (when describing a card's type)
Colorless -- [C]
FairY -- [Y]

The word is "Fairy," not "Fairx."

Why on earth does [X] make sense over [Y]? Even before any Fairy-type cards were released, [Y] had already been the fandom-wide accepted abbreviation. The only argument you could make, I suppose, is that Xerneas is a Fairy-type XY cover legend, but that's pretty flimsy -- especially since future generations will feature Fairy-types other than Xerneas. You mentioned you heard [X] was to be used because Fairy-type came out in XY...well, there's also a "Y" in there, too.

MrSquarepants said:
Freezerbern said:
Hopefully, TPCi is smart enough to include them in upcoming sets. I mean, the EXs that get megas aren't the only EX cards that appear in the set. Although, the EX cards that have been coming out aren't legendaries (Dragonite, Seismetoad, Toxicroak) so perhaps we'll never see all the trios/groups completed.

I have no idea what is going through their heads when they select who will be an EX for XY. I don't know if it's based on popularity, recent competitive use, but it's definitely not based on the region like other sets.

So far I'm baffled as to why these cards are EX when there are so many others that should be.

Emolga
Magnezone
Toxicroak
Seismitoad

It's only 4 so far but who's to know when they'll stop. At least the common rodents haven't been made EX, like Bibarel EX. That's when I quit buying sets.

I can see why they did Magnezone, he is a powerful Pokémon that is pretty popular, but the other 3 I agree with.

So...

Here comes my full set review on the cards, I think we'll see something going on with or just needed to be mentioned. ;)

Victreebel
This will become a deck with drowzee.
Avoiding attacks and hitting with poison each turn.
Throw in a dusknoir and s*it is about to go down! :p

Heracross-EX
I still don't get the second attack... It just doesn't work at all with its mega evolution.
It's okay, but not as powerful as the EX we have been used to during the S/W era.

M Heracross-EX
Could we please, please look at this card and realize, this isn't how mega should be at all?!
Some ppl will try to make it work, but already a hypnotoxic laser with a virbank shuts it down.

Magmortar/Electivire
These cards can't be evaluaded on their own, because they would be bad, really bad!
But together Magmortar might be something to think about.
160 damage is really heavy and we got some good fire Pokémon support thanks to blacksmith and Emboar.
But we'll see. Since it's a deck with two stage 1 and a stage 2 as "motor".
Sadly thanks to legendary treasures the meta won't slow that much down, as I hoped...

Blaziken
150 on any Pokémon is really, really good! And we got blacksmith so it is easy to be played when you wanna force it. ;)
But it's a stage 2 again and blacksmith is a supporter... :/

Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
Obviously like Magmortar and Elevtivire two cards which you will play in combo.
Maybe we'll see a deck without any energies and just focusing on this combo with an insane amount of draw and rare candy and evo soda?
60 with 30 on the bench is a decent attack and Poliwhirl isn't to be forgotten with a free 50+30 attack, which works with Poliwrath. ;)
But it's again two stage 2 Pokémon and Garbador ripps it appart.

Seismitoad-EX
At first I was a bit disapointed but thanks to Mr. Mime with his bench guard ability we got us a solid Ex!
Goo Punch is a really good early game disruption and with Mr. Mime you'll just attack for 130 without thinking about any drawbacks.
You can also team it up with Blastoise and Keldeo Ex. ;)

Aurorus
The ability is nice, but that all about this card, the attack and way of evolving is just horribly bad. :/

Drowzee
Yeah, I know it's a basic Pokémon but with Victorybell (sorry for the pun), you'll have a seriously annoying little fellow!
Sadly we got the perfect counter to this combo in this set too... :/

Machamp
Something which will never attack but be played for its ability. But do you really wanna set up a stage 2 for that?

Lucario-EX
Oh hell yeah! :D
A card which will be able to attack for more damage and better effects each turn, decent hp and a typing only Yveltal EX has a resistance to? Nice. :)
We got so many supporting fightning cards, this will see play!

M Lucario-EX
Maybe the only viable mega in my oppinion yet.
Thanks to the support in item and supporters, this might be able to be played.
The attack effect is okay, but the energy costs are just horrible...
Why did they just print this aweful effect with skipping a turn. -.-"

Klefki
A nice ability but really something needed? -40 is nice, but only Yveltal EX is something you'd play this against.
Only resistance we got is darkness, yet. ;)

Dragonite-EX
Oh yeah!
This dragon is really something, okay, there is a counter out there, but this is even a stronger ability than Keldeo EX!
The attack is decent and blows away nearly all stage 1 Pokémon.
But as said, we got the perfect counter against this in the format already. :/

Maintenance
A solid draw card, which saves important cards from Juniper. ;)
Works nice with bike and other cards.

Radiant Gown
This card is the perfect counter for the Victreebel/Drowzee combo.
I think we'll see a 1-of in many decks as tech.

Focus Sash
This will be the reason why fightning is back in the ring. (what a bad joke :p)
Thanks to hypnotoxic laser the question remains, how playble it will end up beeing!

Fossil Researcher
The word here is disapointment!
Why not any revived Pokémon? Why only two of them? :/
Guess this is all that needs to be said.

Korrina
When you loved Skyla, here is her energetic sister. :p
Just such a good card!!
Skyla is already a staple and Korrina will be too a staple!

Battle Reporter
It is a draw supporter, yeah but how strong is this?
Most opponent play as much as possible before ending their turn, so this is something the EX era would have needed. After an EX got knocked out their hand was at maybe 6-7 cards and this would have drawn 3-4 cards if played well.
A decent card, printed a season too late.

Fighting Stadium
EX are already declining a bit, but those which are still played, fightning already is at a disadvantage (Yveltal EX, Mewtwo EX)
20 damage is not even the resistance that is been broken. It is a bad card, but 30 more damage would have been perfect!

Training Center
We got it! You don't like the old season EX Pokémon. xD
But when all ppl are playing stages 1 and 2, how much impact will this have? I can't really evaluate this card... Pyroar/Archeops will play this or at least try it.

Mountain Ring
Strong card! A stadium which has the effect of Mr. Mimes ability. No drawback.
I guess it will see play as a 1-2 off tech card.
Combo with Seismitoad-EX btw!

Herb Energy
It is a nice card, indeed. But we got no grass deck going on, other than Plasma Gensect which has no need for this, since it can't be searched with Virizion EX. :/
Maybe something to keep stored in your mind and then getting a comeback soon. ;)

Strong Energy
It's as strong as it's name says! :D
Nothing much to say here, 20 damage is really great! One of the reasons M Lucario EX might work out pretty decent. ;)

@Hunga
I agree with most of what you said except for the part about Yveltal EX and Lucario EX
You have to remember three things that make Yveltal EX ( and Mewtwo) not even close to a counter to Lucario
1) Dark Patch is MOST likely going to be rotated. Basically ending Dark types
2) Lucario EX's first attack ignores resistance
3) Lucario really only needs one energy to attack. So I guess the question is; How fast can you power up your Mewtwo?

1) Yeah, dark patch will rotate but still, when it does Yveltal EX will see play, it is way too good. And dark patch was just an increase in speed not power of the card!

2) You ignore resistance, but the maximum damage you can get here is WAY to low to be of any significance. With muscle band it' 50 damage, with the stadium you're up to 70, which are still not enough.

3) Mewtwo will deal enough damage against Lucario. I guess you're a bit owerpowered by a 1-energy attack. Sorry, it is max. 70 damage... :/ You can deal 120 damage with a dce against Lucario EX.

I think many ppl are just overrating cards when they're released. ;)

Hunga when Lucario Ex has a strong energy attached and muscle band, and fighting stadium it will do 90 damage. Killing a yveltal in two attacks.

Reggie McGigas said:
MrSquarepants said:

Emolga
Magnezone
Toxicroak
Seismitoad

I can see why they did Magnezone, he is a powerful Pokémon that is pretty popular, but the other 3 I agree with.

Yes but he has been made an ultra rare a few times. Lv. X and Prime and he was a very popular Prime. Now he's just... "heeeey y'all still love me without lost zone right?"

I feel like other Kalos region Pokemon could have been EX.

I'm pretty upset Tyrantrum and Aurorus are just uncommon or Rare non holo in Furious Fists.

Ironman131 said:
Hunga when Lucario Ex has a strong energy attached and muscle band, and fighting stadium it will do 90 damage. Killing a yveltal in two attacks.

Just think about this little wonderland. ;)
You are talking about 4! cards in one turn.
And Yveltal will be attacking back having a chance to take down Lucario EX.
Lucario EX is good, I will say this, but you can't say he will be total ueber bonkers.
It got nothing on Pyroar or Mewtwo EX... May idear might even be to throw in a Mew EX against Lucario EX, in a deck running Lucario EX as counter tech. :p

Hunga said:
Ironman131 said:

Just think about this little wonderland. ;)
You are talking about 4! cards in one turn.
And Yveltal will be attacking back having a chance to take down Lucario EX.
Lucario EX is good, I will say this, but you can't say he will be total ueber bonkers.
It got nothing on Pyroar or Mewtwo EX... May idear might even be to throw in a Mew EX against Lucario EX, in a deck running Lucario EX as counter tech. :p

You are assuming it will last long enough to evolve into a Pyroar
Also it's obvious partner is Garbodor anyway do it won't a problem

Back