'Rising Fist' Scans and Translations! [6/11]

Yeah, Seismitoad EX seem pretty cool with Garbodor. If it weren't for Virizion it would be pretty cool to play Seismitoad EX with Dragalge and Virbank/lasers too :)

Card Slinger J said:
I can't believe I overlooked Seismitoad EX, Item Lock for a DCE being paired with Garbodor for Ability Lock? Seriously what was TPCi thinking?

"Hey let's make some playable cards other than Lucario EX"

Pikachu6319 said:
If we assume there are no more mega evolutions to be revealed in OR/AS and that each Mega Pokemon only gets one type version there are twenty eight uncarded megas and if they only do two per set that's fourteen more sets before they all come out. That's also ignoring however they choose to do Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. If they're handled the same way as Megas that makes it fifteen sets.

But they already revealed new Megas for ORAS...
I do wish they would reveal more per set though. Honestly just making us wait for the inevitable.

I think the real damage stack will be Plasma/Fighting with Plasma Badges. Don't even bother with Machamp

Badge allows:

Deoxys EX boost
Raiden Knuckle Special Fighting/other energy
Colress Machine target

And can be easily retrieved from the deck via Korrina, along with any given OP Fighting-type pokemon.

Just an idea.

@Keepers of Night: My estimate already factored in Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, and Mega Sableye. That was why I said that is assuming there is no more revealed in OR/AS. Obviously if they revealed a Mega Salamence and a Mega Flygon, that would then make it fifteen sets (again ignoring however they handle the Primals...and if they only have the two of them).

I do agree though they should reveal more per set. Even if they suddenly upped it to four per set it would still take eight sets to get them all out, and we all are pretty sure that isn't going to happen.

Pikachu6319 said:
@Keepers of Night: My estimate already factored in Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, and Mega Sableye. That was why I said that is assuming there is no more revealed in OR/AS. Obviously if they revealed a Mega Salamence and a Mega Flygon, that would then make it fifteen sets (again ignoring however they handle the Primals...and if they only have the two of them).

I do agree though they should reveal more per set. Even if they suddenly upped it to four per set it would still take eight sets to get them all out, and we all are pretty sure that isn't going to happen.

Y'know, they don't have to do EVERY Mega Evolution in the TCG during XY and ORAS. Some might even be promotional or in a special, more-expensive side set, kinda like Dragon Vault. Mega's might even just evolve from standard Pokemon in the future, not just EX, and they might take away the Turn End rule if so. Just sayin'.

I'd like nothing more than for them to take away the turn end rule. I doubt they will though. It's kind of contrary to the video game on which the entire Pokemon franchise is based. As for evolving from standard Pokemon, that would make the most sense again going by the game, but I think in reality it would make doing the Megas even harder and hence making them even more unplayble than they seem to be now.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Megas done in a promo or side set thing, though one could argue (and I am one of those) that despite the lack of BW name on Dragon's Vault that it still counts as a BW product because of it's release time, so at least to me even if they made a Mega Evolution side set, say four months from now, I'd still consider it an XY product.

I just realized that M Heracroshas does less damage based on how much damage he took. Well seeing as his turn ends once he evolved that kinda ruins the attack.

You will have to strategize an opportunity so your opponent can't attack next turn. Or just be lucky the opponent has a heavy cost attacker on the field.

In the artwork for this set is it a triple threat match between Electivire,Slaking and Magmorter?

Also how do you guys know these are 3d cards?

Finally, what the heck is in the background for the Tyrantrum card?

I'm greatly saddened by the lack of a full set of Eeveelutions, and even more saddened by how subpar they are. HOW-FRIGGEN-EVER.... I am THRILLED beyond belief to see Energy Evolution Eevee make a return to the TCG! And although the current Eeveelutions are practically useless (Sylveon's energy manipulation effect from its first attack COULD make it an okay tech), the lack of the remaining 5 also holds the hope that some actually decent Eeveelutions COULD still come and make use of such an amazing Eevee.

If by some miracle or grand disappointment the Plasma Eeveelutions don't get rotated out in the next format, Plasma Leafeon/Umbreon could be a lot easier to play, though I REALLY don't want to see any Plasma decks sticking around, honestly. (This coming from someone who's taken a break from the TCG for the past year... and counting.)

HA559 said:
In the artwork for this set is it a triple threat match between Electivire,Slaking and Magmorter?

Omg I would've never noticed that
Although it seems like magmortar and electivre are teaming up on him :p poor slaking. 2 v 1 and he can only attack every other turn XD

As for tyrantrum it looks like the Grand Canyon
Tyrunt is at the bottom of the canyon
And tyrantrum is at the top. Pretty cool if I do say so myself

Kinda wanna build a deck in this format, using techs like Hawlucha (non EX of course)...

This is the first set to have promising megas.

X/Y had... okay megas. They could work, but there were usually better things to play that didn't involve wasting a turn mega evolving.

Then comes flashfire with the Mega Charizards. The problem is the attacks took 5 energy and had some pretty nasty drawbacks. 300 damage was also overkill. You really only needed the Charizard EX to make it work (the megas were just bonuses) M Kangaskhan was pretty cool, but mostly because of it's colorless attack costs and being able to work with the fairy engine.

Now comes this set. Lucario can easily hit the big numbers with muscle band, fighting stadium, and strong energy. Meanwhile, Heracross just needs to keep it's HP up (should't be too hard to do with the right support) and it can destroy anything other than megas for 3 energy. They're still balanced out by the mega rule, but I could actually see playing these competitively and having some success.

Also, with fighting bound to be a top tier deck, I think this is the nail in the coffin for Darkrai.

Wes1234 said:
I'm greatly saddened by the lack of a full set of Eeveelutions, and even more saddened by how subpar they are. HOW-FRIGGEN-EVER.... I am THRILLED beyond belief to see Energy Evolution Eevee make a return to the TCG! And although the current Eeveelutions are practically useless (Sylveon's energy manipulation effect from its first attack COULD make it an okay tech), the lack of the remaining 5 also holds the hope that some actually decent Eeveelutions COULD still come and make use of such an amazing Eevee.

If by some miracle or grand disappointment the Plasma Eeveelutions don't get rotated out in the next format, Plasma Leafeon/Umbreon could be a lot easier to play, though I REALLY don't want to see any Plasma decks sticking around, honestly. (This coming from someone who's taken a break from the TCG for the past year... and counting.)
I'm so glad I'm not alone with being sad about not having all the Eeveelutions in the set!

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
HA559 said:

Omg I would've never noticed that
Although it seems like magmortar and electivre are teaming up on him :p poor slaking. 2 v 1 and he can only attack every other turn XD

As for tyrantrum it looks like the Grand Canyon
Tyrunt is at the bottom of the canyon
And tyrantrum is at the top. Pretty cool if I do say so myself

That is the reason why I asked the question, because it looks like 2 on 1 like you said as well. One being Slaking. In Slakings artwork it looks like he has just broken free from chains. Maybe the other two are helping him escape? All I know is that it's not clear what it's meant to show in these three cards.

For Tyrunt I get that artwork, but for tyrantrum, it took me a while to realize. At first it looks like pixelated background. I looks like this artwork is computer generated if you know what I mean unlike most of the other cards in this set.

It's settled. I'm making an Electrivire/Magmortar/Emboar deck. A great combo that is probably going to be used at least a few times! Magmortar/Muscle Band can do 180!

GadgetJax said:
Pikachu6319 said:

Y'know, they don't have to do EVERY Mega Evolution in the TCG during XY and ORAS. Some might even be promotional or in a special, more-expensive side set, kinda like Dragon Vault. Mega's might even just evolve from standard Pokemon in the future, not just EX, and they might take away the Turn End rule if so. Just sayin'.

Sadly, that is correct. We didn't see Regirock-EX, Regice-EX, Suicune-EX, or Arceus-EX even though other members of their "group" made apperances

Reggie McGigas said:
GadgetJax said:

Sadly, that is correct. We didn't see Regirock-EX, Regice-EX, Suicune-EX, or Arceus-EX even though other members of their "group" made apperances

Poor McGigas. A Regi fan without all the Regi-EX is like a day without sun.

Reggie McGigas said:
GadgetJax said:

Hopefully, TPCi is smart enough to include them in upcoming sets. I mean, the EXs that get megas aren't the only EX cards that appear in the set. Although, the EX cards that have been coming out aren't legendaries (Dragonite, Seismetoad, Toxicroak) so perhaps we'll never see all the trios/groups completed.

Back