'Rising Fist' Scans and Translations! [6/11]

My two cents on the new cards:

Victreebel: Average attack, but I see it better as a bench sitter, as I really really like the ability. It could be very annoying for the opponent, especially combined with the infamous Virbank City Gym but meh.. it's a Stage 2. Glad to see it again.

Heracross-EX / M-Heracross-EX: super-weak cards. Heracross it's just average, M-Heracross is so, so weak. I don't see so much play for them, even with the boost of Herb Energy: I would not use an entire turn to m-evolve into something weak as this, especially with all those fire decks around.

Blaziken: I didn't feel the lack of attacks like Blaziken's second attack. Discard 2 energies per turn? It's just too expensive, even for a big damage like this: you don't have infinite Blacksmith in your deck.

Poliwrath: Glad to see it again, I like it. Maybe a little slow, but I like it's attacks.

Seismitoad-EX: Nice item-stopper, but you really must have Mr.Mime in your bench if you wanna hit very hard.

Dedenne: I love it. To me, it can easily replace Emolga (DE 45) as it can search for 2 Basic Pokémon, plus it can hit hard with the second attack (Mewtwo-EX/Yveltal-EX I'm watching you).

Drowzee: it's first attack it's just the so-much-weaker version of Cofagrigus' (PF56) Slap of Misfortune.

Hypno: it's first attack is funny, but it's still lucky based. A little spanner in the works, easily circumvent.

Machamp: just WOAH! Great ability and great attack! It can be powered with the Strong Energy and it's HP can be powered too with cards like Training Center. It's a Stage 2 but it's worth it.

Dragonite-EX: last but not least! It's great, I love it's ability and it's attack is so good! Why not: Venusaur-EX or Genesect-EX can hit hard then switch with Dragonite-EX, ready to go. You can give the knockout blow to your opponent very easily!

The rest of the new cards is average.

RealSlim said:
Blaziken: I didn't feel the lack of attacks like Blaziken's second attack. Discard 2 energies per turn? It's just too expensive, even for a big damage like this: you don't have infinite Blacksmith in your deck.

You only need 3 to get 3 ex kos.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
RealSlim said:

150 does not K.O. an EX, and Blaziken will be Knocked Out after it's first attack. And it's a Stage 2. I wouldn't waste my Fire energies on this Pokémon.

RealSlim said:
DeepSleepDarkrai said:
150 does not K.O. an EX, and Blaziken will be Knocked Out after it's first attack. And it's a Stage 2. I wouldn't waste my Fire energies on this Pokémon.

That's fine you don't have to use Blaziken, I was just saying you only need 3 to be able to ko 3 ex Pokes. Yes, I know 150 does not ko by itself, but lets be honest there are things like Muscle band, Silver Bangle, and Hypnotoxic Laser to get the magic 170-180.

Otaku said:
Takezo_Kensei said:
What I don't understand is how people aren't freaking out about that Belt tool. Expert Belt anyone?

Also looks a bit like a head band akin to what is commonly seen on stereotypical video game martial artists like Ryu from the Street Fighter series... which should freak people out even more because as impressive as Expert Belt was, it was no Focus Band.

Seems you spoke to soon. Focus Band makes it's triumphant return!

RealSlim said:

Victreebel: Average attack, but I see it better as a bench sitter, as I really really like the ability. It could be very annoying for the opponent, especially combined with the infamous Virbank City Gym but meh.. it's a Stage 2. Glad to see it again.

Heracross-EX / M-Heracross-EX: super-weak cards. Heracross it's just average, M-Heracross is so, so weak. I don't see so much play for them, even with the boost of Herb Energy: I would not use an entire turn to m-evolve into something weak as this, especially with all those fire decks around.

Poliwrath: Glad to see it again, I like it. Maybe a little slow, but I like it's attacks.

Seismitoad-EX: Nice item-stopper, but you really must have Mr.Mime in your bench if you wanna hit very hard.

Dedenne: I love it. To me, it can easily replace Emolga (DE 45) as it can search for 2 Basic Pokémon, plus it can hit hard with the second attack (Mewtwo-EX/Yveltal-EX I'm watching you).

Drowzee: it's first attack it's just the so-much-weaker version of Cofagrigus' (PF56) Slap of Misfortune.

Hypno: it's first attack is funny, but it's still lucky based. A little spanner in the works, easily circumvent.

Machamp: just WOAH! Great ability and great attack! It can be powered with the Strong Energy and it's HP can be powered too with cards like Training Center. It's a Stage 2 but it's worth it.

Dragonite-EX: last but not least! It's great, I love it's ability and it's attack is so good! Why not: Venusaur-EX or Genesect-EX can hit hard then switch with Dragonite-EX, ready to go. You can give the knockout blow to your opponent very easily!

No love for Focus Sash?

• Mega-Heracross: Incredibly strong in Aromatisse. Although the fire weakness hurts. Perhaps you can run Keldeo EX to help.
  • Dedenne: A cool Yveltal killer. You can throw it in any deck.
  • Dragonite: Dragonite with Max Potion is cool. Although you die to OHKO's. I might run it with Ho-oh to take out Virgen. That way you can also run Druddigon.
  • Fighting Engine: Really strong early however if you don't play it with Machamp then it lacks the ability to OHKO. It's good with Max-Potion. I don't think that it should be played with Machamp simply because Machamp takes up a lot of resources. The deck should be fast and Machamp will slow it down a little.
This set looks like a really nice set with a lot of playable cards so far.

I love the artworks seen so far, especially Seismitoad EX FA, it's just soo cute! :3
I just noticed that there's a Machamp behind the Jynx in its artwork.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
RealSlim said:

That's fine you don't have to use Blaziken, I was just saying you only need 3 to be able to ko 3 ex Pokes. Yes, I know 150 does not ko by itself, but lets be honest there are things like Muscle band, Silver Bangle, and Hypnotoxic Laser to get the magic 170-180.
Yes but Vir-Bank, Muscle band and Silver Bangle doesn't work for benched Pokémon. This attack is interesting just because of it's ability to inflict damage to benched Pokémon, but normally you can't even K.O. an EX this way. Too expensive, too slow.

Takezo_Kensei said:
RealSlim said:

No love for Focus Sash?
Focus Sash is interesting but I don't know if it will be good, with all of these moves/cards around that remove Items easily.

Got excited for Korrina full art. Pissed off when I saw the other two. Why? Why not Grant? What is the point of making some no name a full art of? What's next? FA Youngster? FA Hiker? Good lord it's bad enough pulls are not guaranteed in a box and they pull this stunt. What made even more upset was Seismitoad EX. I knew there was going to be a bad EX but this is the stupidest one they could pick. Urgghh...

Well at least the other cards look cool... I just hope I can pull what I want or sell what I don't need.

RealSlim said:
DeepSleepDarkrai said:
Yes but Vir-Bank, for example, doesn't work for benched Pokémon. This attack is interesting just because of it's ability to inflict damage to benched Pokémon, but normally you can't even K.O. an EX this way. Too expensive, too slow.

Most decks that run EX Pokes attack with those Pokes thus not needing to snipe, however the option is there to do damage to them. I would normally agree that the cost of the attack is expensive. However it not like we don't have fire support to make it faster. I would rather lose one prize instead of two.

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
RealSlim said:
Yes but Vir-Bank, for example, doesn't work for benched Pokémon. This attack is interesting just because of it's ability to inflict damage to benched Pokémon, but normally you can't even K.O. an EX this way. Too expensive, too slow.

Most decks that run EX Pokes attack with those Pokes thus not needing to snipe, however the option is there to do damage to them. I would normally agree that the cost of the attack is expensive. However it not like we don't have fire support to make it faster. I would rather lose one prize instead of two.
I don't think so. Darkrai-EX is a good bench sitter, Virizion-EX is a good bench sitter.. It's good to deal damage to them, and maybe KO them while they're in the bench, but you can't 1HKO 'em this way. I don't know why I have to play a Stage 2 card like this when there are so much better cards around ;)

RealSlim said:
DeepSleepDarkrai said:
I don't think so. Darkrai-EX is a good bench sitter, Virizion-EX is a good bench sitter.. It's good to deal damage to them, and maybe KO them while they're in the bench, but you can't 1HKO 'em this way. I don't know why I have to play a Stage 2 card like this when there are so much better cards around ;)

Yes those EX do sit on the bench, but who does the attacking in those decks. Maybe Genesect EX, Yveltal EX or maybe some other Stage 2 that won't want to take 150 damage. I was never said you personally have to use a Stage 2 Pokemon. I just was saying it could KO EX while only needing to use 3 Blacksmiths. That is my only point.

Slaking's weakness and resistance need editing. Trapinch, 2 colorless for TEN damage? Wth? Also, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! More Plusle and Minun cards!!! Said no one ever.

I'm kind of digging the Magmortar/Electivire tag team method. I might try that out.
So with Politoed's ability, Poliwrath could do 60 damage for no energy. Very interesting...

After the disappointing Flashfire i'll definitely be collecting this set, don't really care about Seismitoad, but the other Ex's and full art supporters look cool. The more Gen 1 full arts the better. As do the holos. Wish I could see Heracross Full Art though.

So that fighting Pangoro that is a promo card in Japan will make it into our English set, right? right...I want that fighting Pangoro. We of course already know the dark one will be in our theme decks.

Glad to see Sylveon is a new card instead of a reprint of the one we got in the Sylveon collection.

Um, isn't there a fairy version of Dedenne that was released as a promo card when Japan got their X and Y sets...when do we get that card?

Kind of dissapointed in the lack of Zygarde. We should get one already, even if something is planned for this Pokemon later on, just like they did with Kyurem.

Magmortar/Electivire combo, that looks kind of neat.

Politoed's ability is kind of neat. Too bad it's a stage two so it takes too much time to set up, but wouldn't it be cool to have your other Poli versions attacking for free?

I like Auroras' ability. Too bad it seems to take a lot to set up. Tyrantrum is kind of cool too. Are we supposed to get different versions of these guys though in the Ancient Powers box set or the same ones we see here?

Am I the only one wishing Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus were done in their Therian formes?

Yay for fairy Clefairy/Clefable. Let's get Marill/Azumarill and the Gardevoir line now. Klefki's ability is kind of neat actually, I think.

Hey, Seismatoad EX and Mountain Ring, good combo here, as long as one is not hoping to do bench damage to an opponents Pokemon.

Those PLANETA artworks looks amazing! Especially love the Magmortar, Electivire, Beartic, Golurk and Mienshao! Also love the Lickilicky, Breloom and Accelgot artworks, can't wait to see them all in English! :D

I was really looking forward to seeing the Amaura and Tyrunt lines cards... but disappointing 5ban artwork is disappointing. At least I get a new Bellsprout card to make up for it! :D

Kinda bummed all the Eeveelutions aren't here though :/
When I saw the Glaceon and Leafeon cards, I got excited for Umbreon and Espeon. Turns out they aren't in here :/

And no Heracross EX Full Art scan yet? I wanna know what it looks like aha xP

Back