Pokemon's multiplayer is back.

Bisharp37 said:
Why do they keep bumping up the time...Just as you said "We'll be back soon" would work for most players.They shouldn't constantly give us a time and when we show up on time keep us waiting.
They really should just take the time down. I'm sure Eventually everyone will figure out when it's back up and running.

lol looks like they listened to us... there is no longer a time, just the "we will be back soon". =P

pkolaboy said:
lol looks like they listened to us... there is no longer a time, just the "we will be back soon". =P

They probably reached another huge error that'll take another 2-3 hours to fix.Lol

I wonder if they'll still manage to complete it while it's summer.

I expected delays, but this is a whole new level O_O

GamerXYZ said:
I expected delays, but this is a whole new level O_O

I don't know if anyone saw this but I'll post it here anyway.This is a message left by a Professor Mathis on the gym yesterday:

Unfortunately, we're encountering some failures when attempting to redeem code cards in the game client and on the website. We feel that releasing the game client to the public in it's current state will do more harm than good, as there is the potential for code redemption failures would likely affect a large portion of the community.

The game and website will remain in maintenance overnight while the development team continues to work on resolving these code redemption failures. The developers, moderators, QA team and TPCi staff will begin testing again tomorrow morning, and will continue to test until we're confident that code redemptions are working properly.

We appreciate your patience and understand the frustration that the community is feeling right now; everyone involved in this project is feeling it too.

Here's a new update:

"We've resolved the redemption bugs that prevented us from coming out of maintenance last night and are in the final phases of testing these fixes. This testing will take a few hours to complete. Provided we get a green light from the teams testing these fixes, multiplayer will be available to the public this evening (PDT). Should we get a red light, the game will remain in maintenance until we're confident that any remaining blockers are resolved. "

Hopefully all goes well so my cousins can stop calling me every hour. "When is Pokemon TCG going to work? You said 5:00!"

ForeignDude said:
Here's a new update:

"We've resolved the redemption bugs that prevented us from coming out of maintenance last night and are in the final phases of testing these fixes. This testing will take a few hours to complete. Provided we get a green light from the teams testing these fixes, multiplayer will be available to the public this evening (PDT). Should we get a red light, the game will remain in maintenance until we're confident that any remaining blockers are resolved. "

Hopefully all goes well so my cousins can stop calling me every hour. "When is Pokemon TCG going to work? You said 5:00!"

Lol I can see all of them in the maintenance room flipping on the online switch, waiting to see if it turns red or green.... :p

It might be unnoticable to some due to duplicates, but: redeemed theme decks did not get carried over. I had over 1000 cards, now only 715, missing some noticable cards like the Zoroarks from Dark Explorers.

GamerXYZ said:
It might be unnoticable to some due to duplicates, but: redeemed theme decks did not get carried over. I had over 1000 cards, now only 715, missing some noticable cards like the Zoroarks from Dark Explorers.

Uh oh that's not good. I had to build my deck all over again. It didn't occur to me that even the purchased theme decks would be deleted. Hopefully they quickly fix that if possible otherwise I'm sure many will be unhappy.

you need to download the game client and install the game to your desktop/laptop.. hope this helps :)

GamerXYZ said:

how do you get cards online? I mean besides the redemption cards?

Has anybody else had crappy pull rates for the packs? I redeemed 27 Dark Explorers and only received one Ex and no other noticeable cards. I redeemed 27 Dragon Exhaulted and didn't pull one good Garchomp or good Hydriegon. I think they are not random at all...

140ish packs later...

1 Zekrom FA
3 Ho-Oh EX
1 Mew EX
1 Terrakion EX
1 Entei EX
1 Registeel EX
1 Giratina EX
1 Giratina EX FA
1 Rayquaza EX FA
2 Raikou EX FA

As you can see, I had a very good day. :)

No good Hydreigons or good Garchomps though. Also, my theme decks did not carry over either.

pkolaboy said:
Has anybody else had crappy pull rates for the packs? I redeemed 27 Dark Explorers and only received one Ex and no other noticeable cards. I redeemed 27 Dragon Exhaulted and didn't pull one good Garchomp or good Hydriegon. I think they are not random at all...

The pulls I've got are above average. I've used about 44 packs, something like 8 Noble Victories, 20 Dark Explorers and 16 Dragons Exalted packs and I've pulled 2 Darkrai EXs 1 Raikou EX 1 Terrakion EX FA 1 Good Garchomp 1 Zoroark DEX and 3 Sigilyph DRX. I've pulled no Eelektriks or Ultra Balls :\ I've had to use Poke Balls in my Darkrai/Zoroark/Sableye deck. Surprisingly, they suck. My theme deck cards seem to be intact (From what I remember, I don't really keep track of how many bad Samurott I have).

Guess what? GLITCHES! Some glitches I've found are Dark Cloak sometimes not working and Special Metal Protecting 20 damage per energy. I thought we were done with these D:

Trexroarr said:
140ish packs later...

As you can see, I had a very good day. :)

Sounds awfully similar to how some dude I battled did about an hour or two ago.

As for me, I've now opened 5 Dragons Exalted packs.
-Ho-oh ex FA
-Good Garchomp and Good Garchomp reverse n same pack
-Shedinja
-Good Hydreigon and...you guesed it, good hydreigon in reverse tooi n same pack
-Cant remember what this one was but I guess it means it wasn't a good pack :p

But yeah, that was just DEX, I did awesome on other sets too. Gone are the days when I'd get a monkey in every other pack! :D

I wonder what the pull rates are online.

I "opened" 36 DRX packs and got 3 EX's, i think 1-2 being FA (I'll check when i get home).
I don't know how many good deck cards i got though cause i don't know which ones are good XP

I played two games so far and I am very satisfied! I'm also pleased with the pull rated for Dragons Exalted!

Oh Man the scanner doesnt work yet, I have approximatly 700 codes to enter I am NOT doing it manually.

Back