Pokemon's multiplayer is back.

RE: Pokemon's multiplayer is coming back Tuesday!

This is going to help people alot especially with a new season on the way. This is good for me no longer haveing to drive 20 minutes to get to a league for practice.

I redeemed a mess of codes but didn't see the point without multiplayer...guess it's time to go back

The client is currently down, I'm in Australia, which is interesting. Hopefully at some stage later today it will be up so I can redeem my codes.

On a semi-related topic, what happened to redemption via QR scanning? Is it gone for good? Or has TPCI told us it will becoming back? I have nearly 3 boxes worth of boosters I will be redeeming and am kind of hoping, well fully hope, that I don't have to do it manually :S

Pope said:
The client is currently down, I'm in Australia, which is interesting. Hopefully at some stage later today it will be up so I can redeem my codes.

On a semi-related topic, what happened to redemption via QR scanning? Is it gone for good? Or has TPCI told us it will becoming back? I have nearly 3 boxes worth of boosters I will be redeeming and am kind of hoping, well fully hope, that I don't have to do it manually :S

I'm thinking that the program will update on Tuesday PST time seeing as TCPi's main offices are in Washington.

I personally find it more fun to play with people IRL than on the computer. Code cards ARE a lot cheaper than booster packs of course, and the Trade Centers are swarming with offers so you can easily exchange packs for singles. I understand the appeal of it, and I enjoyed it back in Spring, but in retrospect, I feel like I was doing too much effort for too little pay. Its also REALLY time consuming if you try to balance TCGo and real-life TCG!

Once again, the site is down for maintenance for a day or so. I was able to download the update and redeem two codes, but then it went down. I was looking forward to opening some e-packs today.

Pope said:

The scanner on site never worked correctly, at least for me. There is an app that you can download on your phone to scan the cards and send them to hour email. That way you can just c&p them....
PumpedAaron said:
I personally find it more fun to play with people IRL than on the computer. Code cards ARE a lot cheaper than booster packs of course, and the Trade Centers are swarming with offers so you can easily exchange packs for singles. I understand the appeal of it, and I enjoyed it back in Spring, but in retrospect, I feel like I was doing too much effort for too little pay. Its also REALLY time consuming if you try to balance TCGo and real-life TCG!

I enjoy it because there isn't really anybody here in Hawaii that plays all that much...I'm sure this is the same for a lot of people....

I've been trying to access it all day. I've been on the edge of my seat all month waiting for this....and it's down for maintenance again. Balls. Hopefully this is fixed sometime this week. I'd really hate to have to wait another month or so before being able to play again.

I would MUCH RATHER play TCGO than PlayTCG. Like previously stated, TCGO requires less manual clicking and has pretty much no mis-click errors. It prompts you for certain moves to make sure you're not misplaying (attaching unnecessary energy, discarding, moving energy, etc.) unless you turn that function off. I never really find myself in the hole with misplays but for those that do, it's absolutely beneficial. PlayTCG seems faulty to me, shuffling errors and all. Also, with PlayTCG you HAVE to pay close attention to what your opponent is doing because it does NOT prompt if they make illegal/extra moves. I DO, however, use PlayTCG for deck testing because all of the cards are available and it would be a waste to invest in a deck IRL that ends up running like shit.

Just read this excerpt on another forum. It seems TODAY is NOT the day for TCGO:

"Mike Liesik of TCPi said:
There's more to it than that. We're also migrating VAST amounts of player collections from the old web-based client to the new downloadable client. Before it goes live, we also need to run tests on all of the functionality to make sure that nothing broke during the deployment. It's not as simple as just flipping a switch.There have been some snags along the way that have delayed deployment. The site and game will remain in maintenance until these issues are resolved. We regret that this deployment has taken longer than anticipated and hope that you find multiplayer to be well worth the wait."

TCGO's medium/big updates ALWAYS take longer than anticipated. Can't believe they still underestimate the time it takes, as there hasn't been one single time a medium/big update didn't take multiple hours longer than anticipated (the longer the update, the more the underestimation of time). Essentially, the time anticipated for an update is absolutely useless until the last moment.

Now, the entirety of Pokemon.com is shut down. =(

Though, this could ALSO be due to the Power Bracket results. (Can't remember when the last day of that competition was?) And if that is indeed the case, they have to put a new theme on the whole site. I predict Mew may have won the Power Bracket, but I could be wrong. (Mew had 56% when I voted yesterday.)

If it has nothing to do with the Power Bracket, then perhaps this TCGO update is just far bigger in size than expected. Nothing WE can do about it though. Ho-hum~

I think JadeEspeon is correct Today is the last day of the Pokemon Power Bracket. Mew probably won since last I checked it had 58%. Once the site has been updated the PTCGO should be up and running.

Puff said:
Pokemon.com is back up, put PTCGO is still down.
D:
The site says It'll be down for the next 3 hours. No problem my code cards can wait.But Hopefully It'll go up sooner then that.

FUGGNUTZ said:
The delay has been extended to 4 AM. Looks like I won't get to use PTCGO tonight after all. D:

I'd say: don't expect it at 4 AM either. There's some sort of pattern. Before the 4 AM extention, they only extended it 2 hours, then suddenly all the way to 4 AM. What this means is: they thought they would be done in a couple of hours, but then ran into something unexpected that would take time. Considering they're ALWAYS underestimating the time something takes (except maintenances and updates of max 2 hours), a minimum of 1 more delay will occur. And considering their timezone's time, that will likely flow over to their timezone's tomorrow.

FUGGNUTZ said:
The delay has been extended to 4 AM. Looks like I won't get to use PTCGO tonight after all. D:

SO glad I don't have class tomorrow morning. I could wait all night, if need be. I have 51 codes waiting.

Also. Today IS the last day of Power Bracket. I think Mew WILL win. Tomorrow, Pokemon.com will be Mew-ified!

This is insane!!! I think it is a strategy to keep players coming back to the site. literally every time I come back it says three hours later. I am pretty sure it is on purpose. Obviously it would be easy to say, "Will be back up soon" rather than keep bumping up the time by three hours. I am with GamerXYZ on this one...

pkolaboy said:
This is insane!!! I think it is a strategy to keep players coming back to the site. literally every time I come back it says three hours later. I am pretty sure it is on purpose. Obviously it would be easy to say, "Will be back up soon" rather than keep bumping up the time by three hours. I am with GamerXYZ on this one...

Why do they keep bumping up the time...Just as you said "We'll be back soon" would work for most players.They shouldn't constantly give us a time and when we show up on time keep us waiting.
They really should just take the time down. I'm sure Eventually everyone will figure out when it's back up and running.

Back