Pokemon's multiplayer is back.

o0Flint0o

Aspiring Trainer
"Black & White—Dragons Exalted

Theme deck and booster code redemptions will be available Tuesday, August 21st to coincide with the release of the multiplayer version of the Pokémon TCGO Windows-Client." - pokemontcg.com

What do you guys think? Worth checking out? I just want to see what it looks like.

RE: Pokemon's multiplayer is coming back Tuesday!

It's definitely been a long time coming. I'm very excited to get back on it and start playing again.

dmaster out.

OMG YES :D
I'm sooo happy, I have it will now last for years without breaks...

I too find myself excited. But also very curious, in the last week they removed all ways to view your collection I wonder if they will wipe them and start over giving us back the booster credits, That would be awesome seeing as with a new rotation there's allot of unwanted stuff now.
I also hope trading gets better and easier as well as allowing Friends/contacts. I was very happy with the way the actual gameplay worked so I hope that doesnt change to much.

Sanokumo said:
I too find myself excited. But also very curious, in the last week they removed all ways to view your collection I wonder if they will wipe them and start over giving us back the booster credits, That would be awesome seeing as with a new rotation there's allot of unwanted stuff now.
I also hope trading gets better and easier as well as allowing Friends/contacts. I was very happy with the way the actual gameplay worked so I hope that doesnt change to much.

I really hope they didn't! Although, seeing as I didn't redeem any codes in the first place, it doesn't bother me all.

They say on the thingy when you go to redeem codes that all your stuff will transfer over with your account to the new version.

Daelum said:
They say on the thingy when you go to redeem codes that all your stuff will transfer over with your account to the new version.

Yeah, I also read that your collection and unused tokens would transfer over to the new version.

I'm excited for this as well. I've battled against the AI on the PTCGO and quite enjoyed the system. I haven't played any of the other online Pokemon TCG simulators though so I don't have a lot to compare it to. I did install Red Shark but I only spent a minute trying to learn the interface before my mind moved on to other things :p.

I can't wait for it!!!!! I currently have 352 codes, which is enough for 10 Booster Boxes + 3 extra worth of packs! I plan on getting 5 Boxes of each Dark Explorers and Dragons Exalted, but I'll be doing it 1 box of each at a time in case I don't get what I need.

So long as the graphics don't hurt my eyes, I don't care so long as I get to play. (I have issues with reading bright red and blue text, unfourtanatly, the Ability text really hurts my eyes, hopefully they make it less bright) One other thing that would bother me is if they make it play like the Trainer Challenge. (the thing where you play with Theme Decks)

It's definitely worth checking out.

Brave Vesperia said:
I can't wait for it!!!!! I currently have 352 codes, which is enough for 10 Booster Boxes + 3 extra worth of packs! I plan on getting 5 Boxes of each Dark Explorers and Dragons Exalted, but I'll be doing it 1 box of each at a time in case I don't get what I need.

So long as the graphics don't hurt my eyes, I don't care so long as I get to play. (I have issues with reading bright red and blue text, unfourtanatly, the Ability text really hurts my eyes, hopefully they make it less bright) One other thing that would bother me is if they make it play like the Trainer Challenge. (the thing where you play with Theme Decks)

It's definitely worth checking out.

WOW! How do you have all this money?? Lol wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just buy the singles of what you need rather than buy boxes to try to get them? :p

pkolaboy said:
WOW! How do you have all this money?? Lol wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just buy the singles of what you need rather than buy boxes to try to get them? :p

I trade for codes each week at League and get them out of packs. Around 10 to 15% are from packs and the rest are from trading. In reality, the most I've spent on the codes themselves would be $3.00 for 2 when the TCGO first came out.

Pause this video at 1:53 to see an amazing screenshot from the new version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su7XOpomt5Y&feature=g-u-u

Time to redeem *all* of my codes into Dragons Exalted.
Booster box openings, here we go.

Question to people who played this before it shut down: Is it better than PlayTCG? Obvious question because this costs money and that doesn't.

alexmf2 said:
Question to people who played this before it shut down: Is it better than PlayTCG? Obvious question because this costs money and that doesn't.
I like it a lot more, almost everything goes automatic ;)

@alexmf2: I played the PTGCO a long time ago, but from what I remember, the game is a lot more fluid than playtcg is. Everything is done for you, so you don't have to worry about misplays or forgetting to flip after falling asleep. Also, from what I've seen, playtcg has become really laggy, and it may actually be better to play on PTCGO if you're just starting.

Im excited for this to finally be back up, since I collect and dont attend a league or anything and just play casually with friends. I would definitely like to see a multi code entry come back, though, as entering my 135 DEX codes took upwards of over an hour just to get them all in one by one. Another thing is that they need to bring back, and upgrade the code scanner to work with standard laptop cameras.

Just an FYI trading will NOT be available from the release Tuesday and so if anyone doesnt have DEX cards they are going to have to pull them or wait for trading, especially if they plan on just redeeming codes for DRX packs.

alexmf2 said:

I havent played Play tcg to be honest and I understand the appeal for testing purposes, like having every card available and playing against only your chosen opponent/deck.

But I see allot of potential in this official version that Playtcg doesn't have like smoother gameplay, the potential for official tournaments, building the community and helping noobs to learn. Also for those of us that play IRL it really doesn't cost anything, I would have bought all the packs anyway, and allot of collectors and players give/trade their codes away.

NoDice said:
Im excited for this to finally be back up, since I collect and don't attend a league or anything and just play casually with friends. I would definitely like to see a multi code entry come back, though, as entering my 135 DEX codes took upwards of over an hour just to get them all in one by one. Another thing is that they need to bring back, and upgrade the code scanner to work with standard laptop cameras.

Just an FYI trading will NOT be available from the release Tuesday and so if anyone doesnt have DEX cards they are going to have to pull them or wait for trading, especially if they plan on just redeeming codes for DRX packs.

I could be wrong, but I thought that the online code cards had some sort of barcode on them that could be scanned via webcam? Perhaps this only worked with the old system? I really have no clue considering I've only entered a couple dozen codes myself, all of which were entered manually. It would be great if someone could clarify this :D.

Secret Pikachu said:
I could be wrong, but I thought that the online code cards had some sort of barcode on them that could be scanned via webcam? Perhaps this only worked with the old system? I really have no clue considering I've only entered a couple dozen codes myself, all of which were entered manually. It would be great if someone could clarify this :D.

One used to be able to input a code via the barcode box thingy on the actual site, but they took that feature off recently and now it's only manual entry. I really hope they bring it back because it made inputting codes so much easier.

The new client reminds me of the MTG Duels of the planeswalkers...

Either way, I too have been hoarding the blasted tokens, mainly because I have been to lazy to redeem them yet haha.

Back