BW/BW2 Pokemon Dream Radar Discussion

Porygon-X said:
Oh wow, this is good to know. Are 'extensions' a game mechanic? I've yet to buy it, and I was wondering if I need anything before I start up.

Yeah, before you start a search for dream clouds, you choose an extension that kinda alters what the clouds yield. I only have a Basic Extension, which is what it sounds like, some kind of advanced extension, which costs 100 orbs and makes more of clouds yellow, yielding more Pokemon, and some encounter extension, which is said to be used to encounter the elusive Pokemon.

Porygon-X said:
Chariblaze said:
Oh, cool.

So good news for those who want to regularly use this without catching the genies until you're ready to RNG (i.e. me): They're encountered using a separate extension, meaning if you use the normal extensions, you'll never encounter them. That's a relief, for me at least.

Oh wow, this is good to know. Are 'extensions' a game mechanic? I've yet to buy it, and I was wondering if I need anything before I start up.

All you need is a 3DS. But you need Black 2 &/or White 2 if you want to keep all of your pokemon and items you catch. You're only allowed to carry 6 items and 6 pokemon, ( excluding the genies) at one time.

Ok cool, thanks a lot. I was just wondering if the extensions were in the game, or if I had to buy them or something. XD

Now it is time to get a flawless Landourus-T! >:D

On my first search I found the green winged flying pokemon.

But I didnt catch the green winged flying pokemon.

I also found a munna and caught it.

I found the dream radar to be a little hard to play.

due to movements made during the game play.

Plus you have to play the game during the day.

and move around your house room to room.

hunting for dream clouds.

I have collected 11 dream clouds so far.

Porygon-X said:
Ok cool, thanks a lot. I was just wondering if the extensions were in the game, or if I had to buy them or something. XD

Now it is time to get a flawless Landourus-T! >:D

You have to buy the dream radar its $2.99

you buy it with a nintendo 3ds card.

that is the safest way to buy it.

the other way is to buy it on the nintendo 3ds with

a credit card or debit card.

dont forget on november 8,2012 you have to buy

the Pokedex Pro 3D it's $14.99.

after you buy the dream radar with your nintendo 3ds card.

you should have $16 and some odd cents left.

Oshawott3280 said:
On my first search I found the green winged flying pokemon.

But I didnt catch the green winged flying pokemon.

That, I believe, was Tornadus-T I believe. I don't know much about the dream radar but I hope you get another chance to catch it.

My problem is that it is THREE DOLLARS. And that Pokedex 3d Pro doesn't come until November eighth.

Oshawott3280 said:
Plus you have to play the game during the day.

and move around your house room to room.
You can play at any time you want and you don't have to move at all, just turn your 3DS.

Soooo much fun O_O already caught Tornadus, a few Munna, a Drifloon, Riolu, some Sigilyph, and quite a few Swablu. Anybody else find anything different?

I know I would have appreciated the game much more, had it been in 3D. I mean, Face Raiders is in 3D, right?

I'm really dissapointed by the number of Pokémon that can be caught with it. I expected much more. Just... wow.

Every legend can only be caught once, right?

Yeah, the number of Pokémon available is terrible. Maybe in the future there could be SpotPass updates to get more Pokémon, but it seems unlikely.

I already caught Tornadus and Thundurus. I hope I get Landorus soon...

What I've found so far: Munna, Riolu, and two Revives. I wish the number of Dream Clouds would be random after each search. After you search, there is only one Dream Cloud, so you have to wait a while.

Yeah, I agree on more Pokemon...and I don't like the fact I'm flailing around and smashing my A button to get...a Leppa Berry! Freaking unacceptable...why can't they just have the Pokemon hold an item, instead of dropping it...?

I think they have the wait thing so you're not playing it all day, and you get other productive things done in that 70 minute wait or something...I think you should at least be able to use Play Coins more. I've got 300 and I don't know what to do with them >.<

~Passion~ said:
Yeah, I agree on more Pokemon...and I don't like the fact I'm flailing around and smashing my A button to get...a Leppa Berry! Freaking unacceptable...why can't they just have the Pokemon hold an item, instead of dropping it...?

Ah, but Leppa Berries are the best berries. You can't just buy PP restoration.

But yeah, while I don't really care if the Pokemon selection was greater, I do wish I was seeing more of the 26. I've only seen Riolu, Munna, Swablu, and Drifloon.

I'm liking the time delay, though, as I'd feel it'd get tedious fast without it. I can do one round before playing, one round after playing, etc. It's a great pace, for me at least.

Chariblaze said:
But yeah, while I don't really care if the Pokemon selection was greater, I do wish I was seeing more of the 26. I've only seen Riolu, Munna, Swablu, and Drifloon.
You will unlock Pokémon and items as you keep playing.

The only down side to pokemon Dream Radar.

Is you have to play it during the day.

To see the dream clouds and legendary pokemon

and pokemon like munna.

I caught that pokemon. ^-^

Do the Pokemon have set genders on here (excluding single gender ones)? I got 3 female Munna's, and I was wondering if it was set like that? I know it is probably a coincidence, but still...

Also, if a Therian Genie is caught and you start a new game on the B/W2 save file it's on, would it reappear? I'm guessing probably not, but confirmation would be nice.

Back