BW/BW2 Pokemon Dream Radar Discussion

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
So as with New Super Mario Bros. 2, Nintendo set Pokemon Dream Radar to release at midnight tonight. As I'm downloading it, I thought a general discussion thread would be in order.

I don't have much of a topic yet, but... yeah. 4th Gen compatibility, man!

Teeboy23

Pokemon Trainer
I would go to the library right now and stand outside and download it, but it's too dark. I'll download it in the morning after I get my games. I'll be downloading both Pokemon Dream Radar and Genesect.

Genesect probably went live at midnight. too.

Chariblaze

All right, it's cool. The music is clearly evolved from the DS stuff, there's no 3D whatsoever except for right before launching it, and there's still images of the Pokemon caught from what I'd assume is Pokedex 3D. It basically feels like what a smartphone game would feel like if Nintendo/Game Freak made one; you can distract yourself with less than 5 minutes of gameplay every few hours, and you actually get a reward for doing so. Neat.

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
No 3D makes sense, considering how much you'll be moving around.

Anyway, use a spinning chair to make things simple and less dangerous,everyone :p

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
My Dream Radar only shows a grid for a background...
I had issues with the 3DS camera app freezing before, but it worked fine with Pokedex 3D AR reader. What's wrong here?

Chariblaze

Can you get a picture of it? And have you tried contacting Nintendo?

If you can get the goggles on and can shoot the clouds, you're not missing much. It's like Face Raiders; the backround is interactive and neat, but it's really not vital to the game.

regigigas

ZOMOM
I don't have a 3DS, but don't you have to buy the Dream Radar seperately or something? I always thought before you could just download it free if you got Black/White 2

Chariblaze

Nope, it's $3. There wouldn't really be a way to give it out for free, unless they decided to tie it to Club Nintendo somehow. But just putting it in the eShop has more appeal to the masses.

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
I got Dream Radar last night. I have gotten a Munna, a Yellow Shard, a Leppa Berry and a Drifloon so far.
It´s fun. :p

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
I know this is a dumb question but how does one get money on their E-shop to buy the Dream Radar, do you need like a credit card?

regigigas

ZOMOM
^ I'm not sure, but probably. Maybe you have to make an account like on an iPod?

Well, it's not like $3 is that much money anyway, if it was $10 or more I would be like "okay..."

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
Trainerhan1 said:
I know this is a dumb question but how does one get money on their E-shop to buy the Dream Radar, do you need like a credit card?

Yes, you need either Visa or MasterCard. Uhh, well at least where I live it asks me for one of those.
No need for an account, just move left until where it says "Add Funds".
You have 4 options of money to deposit. Follow the instructions and easy as done.

After that, look for Dream Radar and download it.

Chariblaze

Trainerhan1 said:

You basically have three options:

1) You can "Add funds", like TheOtterBoy suggested, and you will be forced to add at least $10.

2) You can buy a prepaid card, like this:

pointscard_3ds.jpg

There's only a $20 card, currently. There's apparently a $10 card on the horizon.

3) If you try to buy the game while having "insufficient funds", it'll prompt you to add money on the spot; the money you add this way will be exactly what you need to pay for the game, leaving you with $0 afterwards. So this is a way to add money if you just want to spend what you need.

Chariblaze

Bo$$_89 said:
There's also a $5 option

Oh, cool.

So good news for those who want to regularly use this without catching the genies until you're ready to RNG (i.e. me): They're encountered using a separate extension, meaning if you use the normal extensions, you'll never encounter them. That's a relief, for me at least.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Chariblaze said:
Bo$$_89 said:
There's also a $5 option

Oh, cool.

So good news for those who want to regularly use this without catching the genies until you're ready to RNG (i.e. me): They're encountered using a separate extension, meaning if you use the normal extensions, you'll never encounter them. That's a relief, for me at least.

Oh wow, this is good to know. Are 'extensions' a game mechanic? I've yet to buy it, and I was wondering if I need anything before I start up.