XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

TomoEGoto said:
Rusty Sticks said:
Gardevoir is a ballroom dancer. Her Mega Evolution reflects that perfectly.
So would that mean that Gallade will be a dancer wearing a knight outfit?
Kinda like the Nutcracker if you think about it. And I hope there's a male Mega for Gallade too.

Heck, I wouldn't mind it if they had a separate line for the male Ralts.

OH GOD THAT PIC WAS TERRIFYING

Thank god it was taken down. Also since Mega Gardevoir is confirmed we need a Mega Gallade. Maybe one that gains a bit of armor and it's arms turn into full-fledged swords?

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

ElementFreak said:
Honestly, I'm totally fine with 70 new Pokemon. They can't just do
100+ every generation or try to surpass the gen that came before.
I mean gen 5 had LOTS of new Pokemon, it was cool, but even 6 gen
is awesome. Instead of packing you with piles of new Pokemon, it
gives you a bit less, BUT we are getting mega evos to some of our
fav Pokemon plus I think this gens Pokemon designs are one of
the best! ^^

If anyone here has a list of Pokemon revealed so far or page, can he share
it please? :) this thread is going by so fast I can't even find my other comments
and checking through every page is kinda hard. :p Ty!

Yes, you can get more than 100 Pokemon every generation. There are thousands of cool and well thought out fan made Pokemon on the internet, and those are just the ones that made it to the internet. Gamefreak has sooooooo much room to make new Pokemon. 70 is more than a bit less considering its less than half the amount of Pokemon in almost 3 generations. Mega evolutions are cool, but they are a cop out for introducing new Pokemon AND it seems they are replacing the regular evolutions for old Pokemon, which is a shame. We will probably never see Pinsir or Dunsparce actually evolve now. I'm sure far more people want to see permanent evolutions.

Seriously though, 1 Bug line? It the most diverse group of animals in the world....

I hate to sound like a Nancy Negative, but am I the only one that's annoyed that Skrelp gets an awesome dual typing whilst Clauncher gets stuck with pure Water?

I thought that Skrelp was gonna stay Poison/Water whilst Clauncher was gonna get Water/Electric or even Water/Fire or another cool dual typing.

I do like Dragalge tho, and Poison/Dragon seems to be a nice typing - it's one of the few Dragons that a) aren't weak to Fairy and b) can effectively hit Fairy - I think the only other Pokemon who's got both those points is Dialga.

So no one has mentioned this yet but what about the gotta catch them all website? To the end of the site the code reads XY1012. (Which is the release date) and another code that reads XY738A. Maybe I'm reading more into it but 738 could be the final number of pokemon. I wouldn't be shocked to see more pokemon added after theses legend pokemon since they've done this before. Who knows, maybe I'm looking for things that aren't there but I'm shocked no one else has brought this up.

So was the Nixt pokemon real?

P.DelSlayer said:
I hate to sound like a Nancy Negative, but am I the only one that's annoyed that Skrelp gets an awesome dual typing whilst Clauncher gets stuck with pure Water?

I thought that Skrelp was gonna stay Poison/Water whilst Clauncher was gonna get Water/Electric or even Water/Fire or another cool dual typing.

I do like Dragalge tho, and Poison/Dragon seems to be a nice typing - it's one of the few Dragons that a) aren't weak to Fairy and b) can effectively hit Fairy - I think the only other Pokemon who's got both those points is Dialga.

As a Skrelp fan, I actually wanted Clawitzer to gain Electric. The design really surprised me and I felt lonely, liking Dragalge by myself. But yeah, they are one of the coolest Version exclusive duos to date in my opinion but I hoped Clawitzer would gain a second type..

CMP said:
I think everyone should try to get along regarding the number of new Pokémon/Mega Evolutions. Unfortunately, Gamefreak can't please everyone, and there's bound to be people disappointed in that aspect of the game. Disliking one part, though, doesn't mean they don't appreciate everything else Gamefreak has offered. In either situation, extremes in responses are negative ("Not buying this! What the hell, Gamefreak!" and "If you don't like it, don't buy it!"). Personally, in an attempt to spin it around, I'm looking at it as a reason to train older Pokémon I haven't before (though my first play through will definitely be Kalos-only).

Plus...fewer Pokémon means less cards I have to add to Neo Redux! :p

That being said, the hints to Hoenn remakes are pretty interesting. I've explained before that I don't think Gen III remakes are completely out of the question even though they weren't made during Gen V. The reasoning behind it is that I tend to think of the remakes NOT so much as "Gen-skip-Gen remake," so much as "Handheld-skip-handheld remake." Because the last two generations were for the DS, there wasn't a need for Gen III remakes during that time, as the GBA games could be played on a DS/DS Lite. I'm thinking there could absolutely be remakes in the coming years. Perhaps only Blaziken will be receiving a Mega Evolution now, and Sceptile and Swampert will receive them later (in the remakes, perhaps). Who knows!

Oh, and while I love both Clauncher and Skrelp's evolutions, I'm actually liking Skrelp's more right now. Awesome Poison/Dragon typing! It's interesting, as I like Clauncher more (he's much of the reason I'm getting X first).

I really do appreciate the amount of work they put into this, but I feel like they should have stuck to the normal generation gap to give us a full roster of Pokemon. BUT, heres what I'm thinking... Either there will be a sequel to the game that occurs in an adjacent country and has new Pokemon, or they will start producing new generations every 2 years instead or 4.

But the thing that really bugs me is the fact that they did a simultaneous release, erroneously convincing me that I would be able to discover the new Pokemon without being spoiled on the internet. These leaks aside, (they shouldnt have happened) Gamefreak managed to show us over half of the Pokemon officially! I assumed that if they were going to show us 40 new Pokemon in Corocoro and other places, that there would be around 130-150 new Pokemon. Oh well, lesson learned. I will avoid even the official leaks next time.

Rusty Sticks said:
'ight guys. Now that kanpachi has the National Dex, he has confirmed Pokemon #666.

BEHOLD. THE BEING OF ULTIMATE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION:

kDOXDjM.jpg

Now I can make my team with Rhyhorn (111), Corsola (222), Swablu (333), Gabite (444) and Darmanitan (555) :cool:

Nathan Vrooman said:
So no one has mentioned this yet but what about the gotta catch them all website? To the end of the site the code reads XY1012. (Which is the release date) and another code that reads XY738A. Maybe I'm reading more into it but 738 could be the final number of pokemon. I wouldn't be shocked to see more pokemon added after theses legend pokemon since they've done this before. Who knows, maybe I'm looking for things that aren't there but I'm shocked no one else has brought this up.

738 is the final number of Pokemon after part A of the generation. Maybe we will get a Part B in the sequel with more new Pokemon :))))))))

At this game isn't solely contained with Kalos Pokemon. I don't care about having only 70 New Pokemon. Playing with them alongside previous gens is good enough for me. That's 700+

evilpacman said:
Nathan Vrooman said:

738 is the final number of Pokemon after part A of the generation. Maybe we will get a Part B in the sequel with more new Pokemon :))))))))

Not to just wrek this theory, and I really do wish it to be true, but I heard that GF is concidering megas to be new pokemon when they total up the number. Sorry.

Edit: just realized this is my 200th post. Isn't it cheery!

Oblivion_Wing said:
At this game isn't solely contained with Kalos Pokemon. I don't care about having only 70 New Pokemon. Playing with them alongside previous gens is good enough for me. That's 700+

Now, it has been rumoured that ALL Pokémon can be caught in X and Y. What if there is an area where you can catch some previous starters? Either that, or you can choose between the three of them again a few times.

Just hoping that all starters will get M-Evos!

DrEspeon said:
evilpacman said:

Not to just wrek this theory, and I really do wish it to be true, but I heard that GF is concidering megas to be new pokemon when they total up the number. Sorry.

I doubt they'll release so many Mega Evolutions, regardless if they count them as new pokemon. They STILL release proper new pokemon anyway.

NaturallyDark said:
Just hoping that all starters will get M-Evos!

Me too. All of the starters getting Mega Evolutions will be amazing.

I believe Dragalge's typing should silence everyone saying that X gets all the cool stuff.
My hypothesis about Clawitzer is that he will be able to learn Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse by remembering moves, just like Togekiss learns Aura Sphere and Air Slash. That would make his ability far more useful, and I tend to doubt GF would give it an ability for JUST Water Pulse.

DrEspeon said:
evilpacman said:

Well, with all new Pokés and Megas, the total Pokémon count is at 736. If your theory is true, there are only two Pokémon/Megas still undiscovered!

Blob55 said:
Qwingulltrainer said:
Okay- obvious question- don't you fight Shauna throughout the game, and wouldn't her starter have evolved twice by this point?

Don't you just breed her starter? (if it's Female or if Ditto is in the game)

well, apparently Chespin is male, so I'm not counting on the other two to be anything but. It works for me, because I'll have a backup water/fire starter to transfer into a future game (I'm really not sure if I'm going to do anything with Chespin, I REALLY don't like his final evo_) Overall, while I'm not thrilled by the low Pokémon count, I'm happy with what we have. Now all I need is to find out what Pokémon get what egg moves though breeding, and i'll be all set.

DrEspeon said:
evilpacman said:

There are 19 mega evolutions, there was a list which probably "confirm" that there are more. As far as I'm concerned there are 69 new pokemon. 649 + 69 + 19 = 737.... That would mean there is one pokemon/mega evolution left...

Moving on, there will be serial codes for X/Y, the first one will be 12 quick balls for free.

Edit: Greninja'd, kind of, dunno if I counted wrong...

Guys this might be a long shot but...
Since they want to change the formula, MAYBE, just maybe we might get the rest of the Generation 6 Pokemon in Pokemon Z (Y2/X2)
I know it maybe a long-shot but hey, stranger things have happened.
(Also this would boost sales on the next game, which might have a bigger post game.)

P.DelSlayer said:

Nope not the only person. Someone posted a thing awhile back about version exclusives of older gen. Can anyone confirm gible is an x exclusive? Cause if not I may switch my preorder to y and get x later.

Neal White said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Nope not the only person. Someone posted a thing awhile back about version exclusives of older gen. Can anyone confirm gible is an x exclusive? Cause if not I may switch my preorder to y and get x later.

T'was I.

And yes, Gible is X exclusive.

For some reason I don't remember where I saw it though. Y has dratini I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back