XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Oblivion_Wing said:
DrEspeon said:
It could be a dolphin pokemon!!

But in all seriouness, this actually could be something like the regis in RSE. Also these could be the "151" legendaries I was talking about, especially if, upon doing the puzzle, they can be found before the national dex.

151 Legendaries?? o_O Elaborate..

Sorry about that, I forgot that I had talked about this earlier and not later. If you look at the different Kalos pokedexes, you will notice that they all have 150 pokemon. Back in the first generation, there were the 150 pokemon in the de with mew being kind of secret. That got me thinking that maybe, there are either event or puzzle legendaries to finish this nice tie in.

Edit: Agh! Shedinja'd again!

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

NaturallyDark said:
Bioluxx said:
This may be a new legendary's hiding spot.

Gah! I hope so! Perhaps the Shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina will have something to do with it?

Actually, I hope not; I skipped out on getting the legendaries because they were at level 100, which meant they wouldn't be usable to me in the games.

Qwingulltrainer said:
NaturallyDark said:
Gah! I hope so! Perhaps the Shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina will have something to do with it?

Actually, I hope not; I skipped out on getting the legendaries because they were at level 100, which meant they wouldn't be usable to me in the games.

Well, usually, when there is a distribution of special Pokémon shortly before a new game's release, they will trigger an event when put into the new game. Remember the legendary cats and Zoroark in Black and White?

NaturallyDark said:
Qwingulltrainer said:

Well, usually, when there is a distribution of special Pokémon shortly before a new game's release, they will trigger an event when put into the new game. Remember the legendary cats and Zoroark in Black and White?

And the Pikachu-colored-Pichu unlocking the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HGSS.

70 new pokemon is a little disappointing, but I'm pretty sure I'd still play this game even if there were ZERO new pokemon. It's a new region and story, in 3D, with gameplay tweaks, a new type, and pokemon to catch from all previous generations. The new pokemon are like 30% of the appeal. I may be in the minority on that one though.

Also on the "dating" thing, people should stop talking about it like it's a dating simulator. This is a Pokemon game. Your character doesn't even have lines. It's just one character spending time with someone their age (gasp) in mildly romantic environments (in pokemon-world Paris), and maybe confessing that they have a crush, with no canonical reciprocation even possible. Those are things that happen, like in life. Considering it's a kid's game I doubt you're getting to second base or getting married or anything; it's just there to engage the imaginations of people who enjoy that kind of thing. Yes, it's too bad that the only in-game crush going on is a heteronormative one, but we really shouldn't be looking at Gamefreak, a Japanese videogame company that makes a popular series of childrens' games, to be trailblazers of LGBTQ representation in media.

Is still patiently waiting for someone to release what Pokemon are obtainable in each Route/Cave/etc. Since how we don't get Strategy Guides until 3-4 days after the games release I would really much like a simple walkthrough of where the new Pokemon can be obtained at least.

GoomyFan85 said:
Is still patiently waiting for someone to release what Pokemon are obtainable in each Route/Cave/etc. Since how we don't get Strategy Guides until 3-4 days after the games release I would really much like a simple walkthrough of where the new Pokemon can be obtained at least.

That would be nice...

Also, somewhere I heard that there would be some number of different biomes in an area in which certain types of pokemon can be found sort of like the rumble games. Whether or not this is true, it is a great idea.

GoomyFan85 said:

Yeah. I'd also like to know the levels of the Gym Leaders, so I don't fight them under leveled.

NaturallyDark said:
Qwingulltrainer said:

Yes, but I think we had prior info about Zoroark being tied to the legendary releases.

Qwingulltrainer said:
NaturallyDark said:

Yes, but I think we had prior info about Zoroark being tied to the legendary releases.

Either way, you can still get Giratina; he's available until the twelfth.

Qwingulltrainer said:

Zoroark was only tied to them because of the movie. That's how the distribution got started.
Same with the Celebi that you can transfer to HG/SS to activate that event and then trading it to B/W for the Zorua at Castelia City.
Only reason why we got those events.

Looking at this mirror room, I think you need to do certain things infront of it in order to get access to some legendaries, kind of like the Regis. At this point the leakers think that it's just an empty room with a mirror.

Florges confirmed as mono-fairy.
I'm baffled as to why it's not Fairy/Grass

Didn't someone say that depending on the flowers is a different set of Pokemon that can be found and caught?
It would make sense what with the large Pokedex, old and new... But someone else said that shiny Pokemon are easier to find in XY (not sure which).

Six painful days... And hatching targets is just the icing on the cake and then XY IS the cake.

Chrono said:

Actually you are wrong it is confirmed fairy/grass

TomoEGoto said:
Didn't someone say that depending on the flowers is a different set of Pokemon that can be found and caught?
It would make sense what with the large Pokedex, old and new...
Six painful days... And hatching targets is just the icing on the cake and then XY IS the cake.

I hope not... Shinies wouldn't be as special if they're easier to find...

Chrono said:

This generation GF really seems to be avoiding the obvious on multiple occasions for God knows why. I just don't get why they do/don't do some things.

Professer K said:
Chrono said:

No, there's a screenshot of it's summary page, it's pure Fairy.

Professer K said:
Chrono said:

Unfortunately, you're incorrect.
There's a picture of its stat page.

Anyone know if other pokemon having their type changed? Other new fairies of old pokemon?

Granbul is normal/fairy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back