XY Pokémon That Don't Learn Attacks That Fit Them - Why Should They Learn Them?

RE: Moves that Pokémon should get but don't - Gen VI Edition

Seismitoad537 said:
MEGA CHARIZARD X:

Draco Meteor: With a newly added Dragon type, it should be able to learn the "ultimate" dragon move!

GOODRA:

Dragon Claw: It can learn Thunderbolt, but not a dragon move by TM..?

All BUG/FLYING types, GYARADOS, & MANTINE:

Fly: They can Fly, so let them!!!!!!

The thing about ChariXard and Mega Ampharos is that, whilst they are both Dragon types, they aren't outside of a battle-exclusive form change - the Pokemon that can learn DM are always Dragons - they'd have to learn it as a Fire/Flying type and an Electric type.

Goodra: I imagine that it's because it doesn't have prominent claws (or anything to slash with for that matter) which is kinda what the move is about.

Bugs learning Fly: I can totally see the reasoning behind the move, but the only thing I can imagine is that for a Pokemon to learn Fly, it has to be capable of holding a person (yea yea, Pidgey and Spearow me to death), and a small butterfly is going to have a very hard time carrying a person of any size.

Seismitoad537 said:
Ririka said:
- Togekiss that can't learn Moonblast.
Given a Fairy type, i almost thought it can learn Moonblast at some point of time in Togetic or relearnable during Togekiss, but nope, so i stuck with Dazzling Gleam without secondary effect to abuse with Serene Grace.

- Delphox should be able to learn Dazzling Gleam (?)
Being all glamorous wizard, kinda weird it can't learn one. Nice Fairy coverage to add if it learnable.

Was just about to post the same thing about Togekiss. I've had it since Pearl cam eout and when I get it in X, I'm excited for the Fairy-type. I need it to be really good to be my friend's dragon types, but it can't learn the best Fairy move. :(

MEGA CHARIZARD X:

Draco Meteor: With a newly added Dragon type, it should be able to learn the "ultimate" dragon move!

GOODRA:

Charizard X is more focused on physical type moves.
Goodra doesn't have claws.
Fly is intended for Pokemon who can go high up and don't live in water.

IgnisMagister said:
Seismitoad537 said:
Was just about to post the same thing about Togekiss. I've had it since Pearl cam eout and when I get it in X, I'm excited for the Fairy-type. I need it to be really good to be my friend's dragon types, but it can't learn the best Fairy move. :(

MEGA CHARIZARD X:

GOODRA:

I'm sorry but that point on ChariXard not learning DM due to having an increased attack stat is kinda bogus.

Pokemon aren't given attacks based on their stat arrangements, they're given them based on their design and other stuff.

IgnisMagister said:
Seismitoad537 said:

MEGA CHARIZARD X:

GOODRA:

Actually Bugs can fly very high, and the only reason why things like Seagulls and Swifts fly so high is to eats bugs.
So you're saying Swanna shouldn't learn Fly?

RE: Pokémon That Don't Learn Attacks That Fit Them - Generation 6 Update

Solrock.
29ljpkj.png

Why doesn't it learn any fire moves naturally?
(other than Fire Spin.)

98Greener said:
Solrock.
29ljpkj.png

Why doesn't it learn any fire moves naturally?
(other than Fire Spin.)
And Sunny Day.

professorlight said:
G-Panthera said:
What is so funny and just as annoying is that Samurott can't learn Earthquake for a fully evolved starter, or even Drill Run for that matter: It has a freaking horn on its helmet. It can learn Megahorn, but no Drill Run or even Earthquake. Yet again, GF logic. I'm still surprised it could learn Dig though.

I think it's because samurott's horn is not a drill, since it's part of the seashell in its head. So it can't drill, but it can dig with its hands or the swords. Earthquake is weird, though.

That makes no real sense, as Fearow, a Flying type can learn Drill Run too, and its beak is not a drill. So that comparison isn't really that accurate. That is being bit too literal.:rolleyes:

More birds need to learn Drill Peck. It's just like Peck except spinning.

I'm pretty sure birds know how to spin.

Xatu, the bird that sits around being blinded by the sun, can learn it as an egg move. But Staraptor, the non-fighting-type fighting bird cant learn it at all, all it gets are weak or suicide attacks.
THE BLOODY THING THAT CAN DO CLOSE COMBAT CAN'T LEARN ACROBATICS.

WHY

G-Panthera said:
professorlight said:
I think it's because samurott's horn is not a drill, since it's part of the seashell in its head. So it can't drill, but it can dig with its hands or the swords. Earthquake is weird, though.

That makes no real sense, as Fearow, a Flying type can learn Drill Run too, and its beak is not a drill. So that comparison isn't really that accurate. That is being bit too literal.:rolleyes:

In pokemon logic, fearow spins while doing both drill peck and drill run. Most pokemon that learn drill attacks with horns or beaks can plausibly spin them/themselves, with the exception of tyrantrum, which somehow can do horn drill.

Whitefire said:

Xatu, the bird that sits around being blinded by the sun, can learn it as an egg move. But Staraptor, the non-fighting-type fighting bird cant learn it at all, all it gets are weak or suicide attacks.

WHY

Maybe because raptor's beak is to thin and short.

Chronus MSEA said:
Whitefire said:

WHY

If Staraptor's beak is too short then I see no reason that Empoleon should learn it either.

Blob55 said:
IgnisMagister said:

Actually Bugs can fly very high, and the only reason why things like Seagulls and Swifts fly so high is to eats bugs.
So you're saying Swanna shouldn't learn Fly?

Live IN water, not on water.

I'm here to rant about Grass-types, as usual.

Chesnaught not having Close Combat. What, the Grass-type Pokemon can't have a strong move without recoil or recharging? If Xerneas can get Close Combat, then so should the actual fighting-type.

Chesnaught not having Shell Smash. It has a shell, so wynaut why not let it ditch the shell and get super fast?

Anyway, why does Tyrantrum not get Outrage? A giant dinosaur-dragon definitely seems to be dangerous, yet it gets cheated out of the move and other Pokemon, like Krookodile, get it instead. Not cool, Game Freak.

Okay, my ranting is over.

Re: Pokémon That Don't Learn Attacks That Fit Them - Generation 6 Update

true why don't they get those moves I say why do some pokemon can learn the elemental punch moves but have no arms to do so I find it weird O.O

P.DelSlayer said:
Chronus MSEA said:

If Staraptor's beak is too short then I see no reason that Empoleon should learn it either.

I think empoleon uses it's drill

the empo line have very cone like beak.. staraptor's a bit differ

Or perhaps because Staraptor's beak is slightly curved down, and blunt. All the pokemon I can think of off the top of my head that learn Drill Peck naturally have straight, pointy beaks.

FoxFire said:
Or perhaps because Staraptor's beak is slightly curved down, and blunt. All the pokemon I can think of off the top of my head that learn Drill Peck naturally have straight, pointy beaks.

Is everyone forgetting the anime where Dawn's Piplup's beak would freaking grow or some shit (it glows and elongates but doesn't specify whether that's the beak itself or manifested energy) whenever it used those type of moves.

FoxFire said:

Then it shouldn't be allowed to learn peck, even.

Whitefire said:
FoxFire said:

Then it shouldn't be allowed to learn peck, even.

I take it you haven't been pecked by a bird of prey then? I have. In wasn't my finest foray into animal care. The curve in the beak doesn't make it impossible to peck.

ScorchingShock said:
Ririka said:
- Togekiss that can't learn Moonblast.
Given a Fairy type, i almost thought it can learn Moonblast at some point of time in Togetic or relearnable during Togekiss, but nope, so i stuck with Dazzling Gleam without secondary effect to abuse with Serene Grace.

- Delphox should be able to learn Dazzling Gleam (?)
Being all glamorous wizard, kinda weird it can't learn one. Nice Fairy coverage to add if it learnable.

I don't think Togekiss can even learn Dazzling Gleam! And Delphox can't learn any Fairy moves... why not something like conjuring up the Fairy Wind or whatever?
Togekiss can learn Dazzling Gleam. Mine's has Dazzling Gleam, Focus Blast, Metronome, and Fly.

Back