XY Pokémon That Don't Learn Attacks That Fit Them - Why Should They Learn Them?

RE: Pokémon That Don't Learn Attacks That Fit Them - Generation 6 Update

SuperDuper said:
FoxFire said:
Noibat/Noivern seem to have fewer sound-based moves than i would have expected.. They have some, but I would have expected Hyper Voice in there somewhere. I would also have expected Soundproof to be one of their abilities.

I don't know, I can see why it wouldn't have it. Hyper Voice implies the move is generated through the use of their voice and mouth, like screaming. But Noivern's sound based attacks aren't generated from it's mouth and lungs, but from its ear/sonar things instead. So I wouldn't think hyper voice would work.

If Wooper couldn't learn Ice Punch, or Dugtrio couldn't learn Slash and Hone Claws, I'd agree with you. :)

Umbreon can't learn Moonblast? :(

Wailady said:
Umbreon can't learn Moonblast? :(

Best guess: Umbreon absorbs moonlight, but can't project it. Similarly, Espeon, despite being the Sun Pokemon, can't learn Solarbeam.

What is so funny and just as annoying is that Samurott can't learn Earthquake for a fully evolved starter, or even Drill Run for that matter: It has a freaking horn on its helmet. It can learn Megahorn, but no Drill Run or even Earthquake. Yet again, GF logic. I'm still surprised it could learn Dig though.

I think Ampharos still not having Tail Glow is just bullcrap. (please correct me in case I'm wrong, then I'll be happy) Tail Glow would fit it pretty well, considering it does have a tail-thingy with that glowy-thingy on it.

Pineapple X said:
I think Ampharos still not having Tail Glow is just bullcrap. (please correct me in case I'm wrong, then I'll be happy) Tail Glow would fit it pretty well, considering it does have a tail-thingy with that glowy-thingy on it.

Tail Glow is Firefly Light in Japanese (or something along those lines) so going from that it does kinda make sense, but they seriously mucked up on the translation part.

Its like the 1 Pokemon-attack that is always guaranteed to come up at least twice on threads like this xD

Aegislash can't learn Phantom Force, which would be absolutely awesome.

G-Panthera said:
What is so funny and just as annoying is that Samurott can't learn Earthquake for a fully evolved starter, or even Drill Run for that matter: It has a freaking horn on its helmet. It can learn Megahorn, but no Drill Run or even Earthquake. Yet again, GF logic. I'm still surprised it could learn Dig though.

Same here. Samurott really needs Drill Run

bacon said:
Rapid Spin Klinklang.

Think about it.

It makes sense, but probably won't help.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Gogoat can't learn double kick, triple kick, low kick, mega kick, or jump kick.
It is a Goat. That's what Goats do.

P.S.
it also can't learn Megahorn. IT HAS HORNS. ITS A GOAT, GOATS SMASH S* UP.... WITH THEIR HORNS

Just noticed this, very, very ticked off now.

G-Panthera said:

I think it's because samurott's horn is not a drill, since it's part of the seashell in its head. So it can't drill, but it can dig with its hands or the swords. Earthquake is weird, though.

Florges - Based on the Succubus-themed class of Alraunes, both visibly and according to Pokedex. She is mentioned for being able to drain life from things around her - with one exception: She only knows Grassy Terrain. Yet she doesn't learn Draining Kiss which is perfect for her overall theme and stat-build. Even worse, she can't learn any life draining moves at all. She is litterally a Succubus who can't Succubus.

professorlight said:
G-Panthera said:

I think it's because samurott's horn is not a drill, since it's part of the seashell in its head. So it can't drill, but it can dig with its hands or the swords. Earthquake is weird, though.

I'm kind of in the other camp ... I'm surprised so many Pokemon can learn Earthquake. With few exceptions, it seems out of place to me on anything other than Fighting, Rock, or Ground Pokemon.

RE: Moves that Pokémon should get but don't - Gen VI Edition

Ririka said:
- Togekiss that can't learn Moonblast.
Given a Fairy type, i almost thought it can learn Moonblast at some point of time in Togetic or relearnable during Togekiss, but nope, so i stuck with Dazzling Gleam without secondary effect to abuse with Serene Grace.

- Delphox should be able to learn Dazzling Gleam (?)
Being all glamorous wizard, kinda weird it can't learn one. Nice Fairy coverage to add if it learnable.

I don't think Togekiss can even learn Dazzling Gleam! And Delphox can't learn any Fairy moves... why not something like conjuring up the Fairy Wind or whatever?

*EDIT* Hold up, I realize it does learn Dazzling Gleam. But other than that Delphox can't learn any Fairy-type moves just like I said.

Guys they may fix this when X2 & Y2 come out or maybe when Pokemon Z comes out in a year or two they may fix the problem because the completely forgot the move tutors that teach moves like the punches Outrage and the past moves from Platinum and HG/SS and B2/W2/B/W XD.:)

TokenDuelist said:
She is literally a Succubus who can't Succubus.

...that just made my morning haha ^-^

Gogoat can't learn Megahorn and Low Kick? Naww. I call BS. ;-;

xxashxx said:
Guys they may fix this when X2 & Y2 come out or maybe when Pokemon Z comes out in a year or two they may fix the problem because the completely forgot the move tutors that teach moves like the punches Outrage and the past moves from Platinum and HG/SS and B2/W2/B/W XD.:)

They didn't forget. GF just likes having move tutors for Re-makes/Sequels/3rd versions.

My personal nitpicks on this generation:

Florges not being Fairy/Grass. I can understand Flabebe and Floette not being part grass since they're holding their flowers, but Florges is half carnation for goodness sake. She already learns more Grass moves than Fairy moves, just let her have the STAB!

Pangoro doesn't learn any of the elemental punches. I wouldn't have minded this in the least, if not for the fact that one of its abilities is Iron Fist. If you're going to give it the Iron Fist ability, LET IT LEARN MORE THAN FOUR PUNCH MOVES.

Umbreon not learning Dazzling Gleam. Espeon can learn it, but the eeveelution known for its glowing markings doesn't. Personally, I think that anything that can learn Flash should be able to learn Dazzling Gleam, but hey, that's just me.

Kitana Coldfire said:
My personal nitpicks on this generation:

Florges not being Fairy/Grass. I can understand Flabebe and Floette not being part grass since they're holding their flowers, but Florges is half carnation for goodness sake. She already learns more Grass moves than Fairy moves, just let her have the STAB!

I want her to have the STAB but looking at the weakness she'll got from it, she's better not getting that Grass type. Instead, they could make her ability more useful by maybe giving her something like "Make this Pokemon's Grass type move deal 1.5x damage" so that she can get a pseudo-STAB without gaining tons of weakness. :p

I thought Florges was wearing the plant and not actually a part of it.
IMO, the next game they should give her energy draining moves, as she was robbed of her dex entry thanks to her move set.

One I just noticed ... why can Helioptile/Heliolisk learn Bulldoze, but not Earthquake?

Blob55 said:
I thought Florges was wearing the plant and not actually a part of it.
IMO, the next game they should give her energy draining moves, as she was robbed of her dex entry thanks to her move set.

It's more of a half-merged half-worn setup.
but yeah I can see exactly why it isn't part grass, it's supposed to be misleading.

but yes, her Dex entries and overall theme imply she can but she can't.

Best thing to do is use Grass Terrain and Leftovers with it.

RE: Moves that Pokémon should get but don't - Gen VI Edition

Ririka said:
- Togekiss that can't learn Moonblast.
Given a Fairy type, i almost thought it can learn Moonblast at some point of time in Togetic or relearnable during Togekiss, but nope, so i stuck with Dazzling Gleam without secondary effect to abuse with Serene Grace.

- Delphox should be able to learn Dazzling Gleam (?)
Being all glamorous wizard, kinda weird it can't learn one. Nice Fairy coverage to add if it learnable.

Was just about to post the same thing about Togekiss. I've had it since Pearl cam eout and when I get it in X, I'm excited for the Fairy-type. I need it to be really good to be my friend's dragon types, but it can't learn the best Fairy move. :(

MEGA CHARIZARD X:

Draco Meteor: With a newly added Dragon type, it should be able to learn the "ultimate" dragon move!

GOODRA:

Dragon Claw: It can learn Thunderbolt, but not a dragon move by TM..?

All BUG/FLYING types, GYARADOS, & MANTINE:

Fly: They can Fly, so let them!!!!!!

Back