XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Athena said:
MrSquarepants said:
However Illuminate helps in areas you can't skate or bike in and surfing. You can rack up encounters for specific shinies like Carbink or Goomy using the repel trick, a level 31 Lanturn or Watchog with Illuminate and it saves you much more time.

As someone who may, someday, be bored enough to look for Goomy shinies.... would you mind sharing what the repel trick is?

Ahh yes, the repel trick is to reduce the amount of Pokémon encountered to one or two specific ones. A level 31 Lanturn with a repel active will eliminate Quagsire since its max level is 30, the other two, Goomy and Stunfisk will be level 31 or 32 so you will still encounter them. Goomy is more common than Stunfisk although you may be unfortunate or fortunate enough to run into a shiny Stunfisk. There's a video on Youtube where this girl (I think ShinyTwins was the username?) managed to pull it off in about 4,000 encounters.

...but 4,000 is too much for me... sooooo... I'm gonna wait till I get the shiny charm so I can one within 1,000-2,000 encounters... I could try the Pokeradar but... that patch is really sh***y and it rains a lot too... >.>; that just screams Decoy Patch Fury.

Edit: Although it is indeed much faster hunting for Sliggoo in Friend Safari, I plan on getting a Goomy and never ever evolving it. :p

Re: RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

MrSquarepants said:
...but 4,000 is too much for me... sooooo... I'm gonna wait till I get the shiny charm so I can one within 1,000-2,000 encounters... I could try the Pokeradar but... that patch is really sh***y and it rains a lot too... >.>; that just screams Decoy Patch Fury.
I maybe sound so noob, cause I am, but care to explain to me what is shiny charm and how to get one?

lovandra said:
I maybe sound so newbie, cause I am, but care to explain to me what is shiny charm and how to get one?

The Shiny Charm is a key item one receives upon completing the National Pokédex.
Which increases the chance of encountering shiny Pokémon in the wild.
Supposedly, in XY, the shiny rate has been halved to 1/4096. But when holding the Shiny Charm, the chances of encountering a shiny Pokémon are 1/1365. The Shiny Charm is a must have for any shiny hunter!

Prince Dedenne said:
lovandra said:
I maybe sound so newbie, cause I am, but care to explain to me what is shiny charm and how to get one?

The Shiny Charm is a key item one receives upon completing the National Pokédex.
Supposedly, in XY, the shiny rate has been halved to 1/4096. But when holding the Shiny Charm, the chances of encountering a shiny Pokémon are 1/1365. The Shiny Charm is a must have for any shiny hunter!

It may also increase shiny hatch rates according to Smogon.

Some folks on reddit think with the charm and Masuda Method it may be 1 in 400. If that's true then.... I will be breeding like crazy!

Prince Dedenne said:

Ohh. That's why people really eager to complete the pokedex. I probably will never have one. National pokedex means include all the legendary pokemons, T.T.

lovandra said:
Prince Dedenne said:

Ohh. That's why people really eager to complete the pokedex. I probably will never have one. National pokedex means include all the legendary pokemons, T.T.

Not Event Legendary. Just in game legedaries.

LLR said:
Not Event Legendary. Just in game legedaries.

Still will be hard for me. I have no other legit pokemon games before pokemon X. Since nothing was distributed to my country.

I doubt anyone willing to help me complete my pokedex without nothing 'worth it' in return.

But it light the weight to know that event pokemon like Victini or Meloetta not needed, cause they are super hard to be gotten. Btw, what else other 'event pokemon'? I probably try it in next few weeks, for now, I already have too much in my plate to try collect all pokedex.

Here's a list of event legendaries:
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Manaphy
Shaymin
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Volcanion
Diancie
Hoopa

MrSquarepants said:
Some folks on reddit think with the charm and Masuda Method it may be 1 in 400. If that's true then.... I will be breeding like crazy!

Actually I heard somewhere on a youtube video that the shiny charm DOES NOT increase the likeness of BREEDING a shiny pokemon. Only finding ones in the wild.

So does that mean that it was dropped after B2W2? That's stupid. Now how am I supposed to get that shiny Tepig? Wait, I wouldn't trust youtube videos for every fact. I mean Mawgwile, Helioptile evolving when it learns Sunny Day, and Mega Garchomp gaining steel-typing are all "facts" on youtube. Basically, don't trust it unless it's a reliable source.

xDkoYx said:
MrSquarepants said:

Actually I heard somewhere on a youtube video that the shiny charm DOES NOT increase the likeness of BREEDING a shiny pokemon. Only finding ones in the wild.

That's just the English text. The Japanese remains as "Increases the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon" and there's a Google doc that multiple users are filling out and there's definitely a spike in hatched shinies. I'm planning to breed

Venipede
Litwick
Fennekin
Froakie
Chespin
Espurr
Honedge
Noibat
Amaura
Dedenne
Mawile

Not all in that order. ...what? After getting the charm there isn't much else to do. <.<' It they all pass 600+ eggs though could be a sign that it's unchanged. :(

Whether the Shiny Charm still increases the chances of breeding shiny Pokémon in XY is currently Unown.
(Get it? unknown > Unown) :p

In the Japanese games, the Shiny Charm's description is exactly like the fifth gen's text.
But in the English titles, the Shiny Charm specifically states, "wild Pokémon."
It's very possible that they dropped it after B2W2, but does it really hurt us?
How many methods increased the shiny rate in the fifth generation? Now, how many methods increase the shiny rate in XY? Let's see;
  • First off, the random encounter shiny rate has been halved! (1/8192 >1/4096)
  • Masuda Method
  • Fish Chaining
  • PokéRadar
  • Friend Safari
  • & the return of the Shiny Charm
If the shiny rate has been halved, that means that the chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon via the masuda method are around 1/800. That's way better than last generation! In B2W2, the chances of hatching a shiny via masuda method, with the Oval and Shiny Charms, were 1/1024.
Now I ask again, does it hurt us that the Shiny Charm won't affect breeding this gen?
I for one, don't mind that the Shiny Charm has no effect on breeding this gen.

Well Horde Encounters is another way to shiny hunt but... most of them weren't Gen 6 Pokemon, I think only Carbink and Trevenant are the only Gen 6 Pokemon that appear in hordes.

Trying the charm now for about 2 hours and no shiny from the hordes.

Supposedly... it's like 5x the normal rate soooo... shiny charm 1365.3 divided by 5... it's pretty much 1 in 275 hordes.

...well I still got a long way to go even though some people on Youtube have gotten theirs within minutes even when it was full odds. But I can't complain when I have found over 20 shinies in the Friend Safari fairly quick. I really oughta watch TV or something when I'm doing this so I'm not so impatient.

I also have never gotten a shiny till I played this game and it's been pretty good to me so far, so I'll keep at it.

Wait, it's about 1/275 hordes? I guess that explains why I've encountered about 12 shinies via random hordes without the charm now.

No, it's 1 in 275 hordes with the charm. It's like 1 in 800 (Idk what's 4096/5?) hordes without it so you are very lucky....

Chocolate Death said:
Wait, it's about 1/275 hordes? I guess that explains why I've encountered about 12 shinies via random hordes without the charm now.

What? I've found NO shinies through hordes at all, yet still ended up getting a Shiny Goomy, Combee and Magmar.

Did you know that you can farm lucky eggs from Chansey using this simple method?

1) Find a person with a safari with Chansey in it (psst... that's me...)
2) Get a Pokemon with Compound Eyes. Butterfree, Vivillion or Venonat have it. Let it faint. It must be first in your party so that items have an increased chance of being held by wild pokemon. Having it faint is optional but it makes things much easier for step 3.
3) Grab a Pokemon with Frisk and have it be the second Pokemon so you get the item find boost from the Compound Eyes but every encounter you'll use Frisk to see what Chansey is holding. 90% of the time she will be holding Lucky Punch...
4) Once you see a Chansey that has a Lucky Egg, switch to a Pokemon that knows Thief, Covet or any item stealing move. Make sure you thief isn't holding anything or it will fail.

Also helps for finding sun and moon stones of Solrock and Lunatone!

MrSquarepants said:
No, it's 1 in 275 hordes with the charm. It's like 1 in 800 (Idk what's 4096/5?) hordes without it so you are very lucky....

As far as I know the rates are:

For wild encounter it routes with only 1 Pokémon. A 1 in 2,370.6 chance(It decreases 3 times).

So 2,370.6/5 is 474.12.

That should be the rate for hordes.

That was wrong (my information above this). The normal rate for hordes is 1 in 800. With the Shiny Charm it should be.... 1 in 266.

But I still prefer the Safari.

MrSquarepants said:
Did you know that you can farm lucky eggs from Chansey using this simple method?

1) Find a person with a safari with Chansey in it (psst... that's me...)
2) Get a Pokemon with Compound Eyes. Butterfree, Vivillion or Venonat have it. Let it faint. It must be first in your party so that items have an increased chance of being held by wild pokemon. Having it faint is optional but it makes things much easier for step 3.
3) Grab a Pokemon with Frisk and have it be the second Pokemon so you get the item find boost from the Compound Eyes but every encounter you'll use Frisk to see what Chansey is holding. 90% of the time she will be holding Lucky Punch...
4) Once you see a Chansey that has a Lucky Egg, switch to a Pokemon that knows Thief, Covet or any item stealing move. Make sure you thief isn't holding anything or it will fail.

Also helps for finding sun and moon stones of Solrock and Lunatone!

Huh! Indeed that is a good method for hunting eggs! Although you could use a trevenant instead of having a Frisk and Thief Poke :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back