XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

MrSquarepants said:
Did you know that you can farm lucky eggs from Chansey using this simple method?

1) Find a person with a safari with Chansey in it (psst... that's me...)
2) Get a Pokemon with Compound Eyes. Butterfree, Vivillion or Venonat have it. Let it faint. It must be first in your party so that items have an increased chance of being held by wild pokemon. Having it faint is optional but it makes things much easier for step 3.
3) Grab a Pokemon with Frisk and have it be the second Pokemon so you get the item find boost from the Compound Eyes but every encounter you'll use Frisk to see what Chansey is holding. 90% of the time she will be holding Lucky Punch...
4) Once you see a Chansey that has a Lucky Egg, switch to a Pokemon that knows Thief, Covet or any item stealing move. Make sure you thief isn't holding anything or it will fail.

Also helps for finding sun and moon stones of Solrock and Lunatone!
Purely as an FYI: steps 3 and 4 can be combined. If you use Shuppet/Banette, you can have both the ability Frisk and Thief on the same mon (there are others with the same/similar ability/move combo, I just don't feel like compiling a full list)

Also, abusing the ability Pick Up is just as reliable for collecting sun and moon stones, as well as other useful items like Leftovers, prism scales, revives, nuggets, etc. (level 100 pickup abuse recommended for leftovers, prism scales, etc. since better items are available/more likely to be found at higher levels)

The Shiny Charm

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I have a problem and I think others hav the same.

I have all non-event Pokemon in my dex, all have the Kalos marking except the legendaries and Unown. But still Sycamore won't give me the Shiny Charm, he just keep saying my dex is nearly complete. Anyone knows what to do?

RE: The Shiny Charm

steffenka said:
I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I have a problem and I think others hav the same.

I have all non-event Pokemon in my dex, all have the Kalos marking except the legendaries and Unown. But still Sycamore won't give me the Shiny Charm, he just keep saying my dex is nearly complete. Anyone knows what to do?

What Pokémon don't you have registered in your Pokédex?

steffenka said:

Do you have the legendaries and Unown in your National Dex?

When you open your dex how many does it say you've seen and caught?
Those 2 numbers have to be the same.
If not then go back through your dex Carefully one by one and double check for the Kalos or pokeball at the bottom of each picture.

If not recheck the empty boxes and make sure that they all belong to Event legendaries.

If you're missing in game legendaries he won't give it to youl
Believe me I know I some how left one ot my legendaries is a Y and I was going crazy trying to figure out why I couldn't get the charm in X.

Prince Dedenne said:
steffenka said:

Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo and Meloetta

Edit: I figured out why, I missed Hitmonlee -_-

steffenka said:
Prince Dedenne said:

Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo and Meloetta

Your Dex says you've seen 710 and you've caught how many?

Double check your Pokedex. I did this with Igglybuff on my X but I found it and got it XD.:)

I had it with Cleffairy :p Took 3½ hour to figure out.. :/

I have another question, does Magnet Pull work on Horde Battles? :)

Absolutely. That's how I got my shiny Klefki. Thank you for not giving me Foongus!

I recently went onto my savefile on X to find it corrupted (so I deleted it), so I'd like to ask, is it possible to still get the Torchic event? Or do I have to do a trade for one?

WanderingWolf said:
I recently went onto my savefile on X to find it corrupted (so I deleted it), so I'd like to ask, is it possible to still get the Torchic event? Or do I have to do a trade for one?

Event ended I think back in Jan. So you would have to trade.

WanderingWolf said:
LLR is mostly right. With the new DW ability breeding mechanics, Speed Boost can be passed on when breeding. Unless you want the Cherish ball, you just need to find at least a bred boostchic (which includes females) and a blazikenite.

iSharingan said:
WanderingWolf said:
LLR is mostly right. With the new DW ability breeding mechanics, Speed Boost can be passed on when breeding. Unless you want the Cherish ball, you just need to find at least a bred boostchic (which includes females) and a blazikenite.

I understood that you couldn't pass down cherish and master balls.
I also thought I read somewhere that the Torchic were all male. But with the new mechanics males bred with ditto have a small chance of passing hidden ability.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a crawdaunt with adaptability?

Chandelure said:

Some of them in a Dark Friend Safari will have the hidden ability.

Chandelure said:

Yes, it's possible.
Find someone who has Crawdaunt in their Dark Type Friend Safari. If you don't have a registered friend with one, I could try to catch one for you.

EDIT: Greninja'd by LLR. :p

Prince Dedenne said:
Chandelure said:

Yes, it's possible.
Find someone who has Crawdaunt in their Dark Type Friend Safari. If you don't have a registered friend with one, I could try to catch one for you.

EDIT: Greninja'd by LLR. :p

It looks like there is one on the database, I'll try adding them but idk if they're still active. If you could that would be great, I wouldn't know how to repay you though :(

How do we get the Lotto ID Medal? On another site. the guy has all the medals listed and saw up until recently there was a Medal for winning at the lotto but now that medal is no longer listed. If that medal still exists. How do we get that medal? I just got the Master Ball for the first time yesterday and I have gotten everything else and I still don't have it. Does the lotto give EXP SHARE's anymore? I don't think it does since they made it universal now. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: Question about the log book on the PGL? Are the numbers next to each item the number of points for doing certain evenst or are the numbers a specific day? I am asking because some events say 1 2 or even 20 or 30 next to each thing. There are some missing numbers each month as well. Does this mean I have to sync everyday for them to show up ? I thought if you synced from your lasy sync it would show everything you did from the last time you used game sync? Even though I did those events between sync's they did not show on the PGL. How do I get the missing dates to show up if I did not sync? I thought they would show up if you miss days or don't sync each day:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back