XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

catutie said:
LLR said:
Well it looks like the extended maintenance this coming Mon is make changes in game sync. :(

Maybe its because Nintendo is concerned that there is still too heavy a load and wants to decrease it further before giving the rest of us Bank.

I think you have it, I mean they release it worldwide....imagine the millions of people using it that day. If Japan crashed it, just imagine the world.

Except it's not being released 'worldwide' at the same time though. The release (whenever it's going to be) is staggered by region. Japan, NA, Eu is what I remember from off the top of my head.

SCf3 said:
catutie said:
I think you have it, I mean they release it worldwide....imagine the millions of people using it that day. If Japan crashed it, just imagine the world.

Except it's not being released 'worldwide' at the same time though. The release (whenever it's going to be) is staggered by region. Japan, NA, Eu is what I remember from off the top of my head.

Catutie didn't mention a worldwide release date, they meant that once it has been released all around the world, it might crash again since the whole world will be using the service. If Japan alone crashed the Bank, imagine what might happen when Japan, Korea, Australia, North America, and Europe all have access to it.

People having access to Pokemon Bank was NOT the reason for Nintendo's servers crashing! The major issue is the update to all 3ds and Wii U systems to have Nintendo Network IDs, so most users have IDs and then the new owners of 3ds and Wii Us over the holidays created accounts as well. What made it bad was the fact that if you have a Nintendo ID and went on the eshop your ID was automatically registered on there servers. So imagine not only millions trying to get on eshop at once but also the servers trying to recognize the millions of new Nintendo Network IDs.

People think only Pokemon Bank was being downloaded over the holidays but they would be wrong. Everyone that bought a Windwaker HD Wii U bundle didn't receive a hard copy but had to download it off the eshop so not only do you have millions trying to download Pokemon Bank but you have extra millions trying to download Legend of Zelda: Windwaker as well. It was basically terrible planning by Nintendo that caused this mess.

Prince Dedenne said:
SCf3 said:

Catutie didn't mention a worldwide release date, they meant that once it has been released all around the world, it might crash again since the whole world will be using the service. If Japan alone crashed the Bank, imagine what might happen when Japan, Korea, Australia, North America, and Europe all have access to it.
Ah okay that makes sense. I see where you're coming from, but also remember time zones will be a factor. Possibly a small one, but who knows until it's released.

SCf3 said:
Ah okay that makes sense. I see where you're coming from, but also remember time zones will be a factor. Possibly a small one, but who knows until it's released.

They'll soon make a statement saying that they'll never release it, and then on April 1st they'll scream, "APRILS FOOLS!" And release it. April 1st is a reasonable time frame judging by how long they're taking.

Amphy23 said:
SCf3 said:

They'll soon make a statement saying that they'll never release it, and then on April 1st they'll scream, "APRILS FOOLS!" And release it. April 1st is a reasonable time frame judging by how long they're taking.

they better not, That would be a total slap in the face to their consumers.

"The Japanese can have it, but the rest of you folk can wait and we'll make a nice joke out of you"

Yeah, no.

Amphy23 said:
SCf3 said:

That would be hilarious

Come to think of it....January was the free period for the pokebank....do you think it will still be free for us when it comes out?

catutie said:
Amphy23 said:

That would be hilarious

Come to think of it....January was the free period for the pokebank....do you think it will still be free for us when it comes out?

The free trial is going to be a month on whatever day it's released over here. So if it's released on Feb 2nd, it'll go until March 2nd. (I wish that would happen... ;_;)

jstar21 said:
It was basically terrible planning by Nintendo that caused this mess.

Phhf, terrible planning my butt. They couldn't even prevent hacked Pokemon from getting imported over to X and Y from the previous GBA and DS games via Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter in Japan while the rest of us sit here and wait til the app arrives for the 3DS when by the time it gets released in North America, Europe, and other countries it would cause a server overload that would result in more delays by Nintendo's handling with this. If Nintendo permanently cancels Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter outside Japan then that will severely hurt sales for Pokémon X and Y around the world which means that the 3DS will hurt in sales as much as the Wii U right now. Japan is spoiled enough as it is when it comes to the Pokémon franchise and this further proves it, yeah where's my Shiny Rayquaza and Lightningrod Zapdos? -___-

So If you live outside Japan you're best bet would be to get a Pokemon that's been imported via Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter on GTS or Wonder Trade although GTS is about as unreliable as it was in Gen IV and Gen V so the odds of getting the Legendaries you want are going to be slim I suppose. One of my friends who plays Pokémon X and Y already has a Japanese Darkrai and Japanese Mew that he got from someone online who imported them from Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter so it depends on your trade stuff and what you obtain on your Friend Safari's. I've been thinking about taking a break from playing my Pokémon X version until Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter is released outside Japan If we're lucky that is. Now I see why DNA gave up on the Pokémon franchise altogether, it doesn't seem like Nintendo knows what they're doing anymore or they actually care more about Japanese gamers than the fanbase that got them where they are in the first place.

Card Slinger J said:
jstar21 said:
It was basically terrible planning by Nintendo that caused this mess.

Phhf, terrible planning my butt. They couldn't even prevent hacked Pokemon from getting imported over to X and Y from the previous GBA and DS games via Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter in Japan while the rest of us sit here and wait til the app arrives for the 3DS when by the time it gets released in North America, Europe, and other countries it would cause a server overload that would result in more delays by Nintendo's handling with this. If Nintendo permanently cancels Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter outside Japan then that will severely hurt sales for Pokémon X and Y around the world which means that the 3DS will hurt in sales as much as the Wii U right now. Japan is spoiled enough as it is when it comes to the Pokémon franchise and this further proves it, yeah where's my Shiny Rayquaza and Lightningrod Zapdos? -___-

So If you live outside Japan you're best bet would be to get a Pokemon that's been imported via Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter on GTS or Wonder Trade although GTS is about as unreliable as it was in Gen IV and Gen V so the odds of getting the Legendaries you want are going to be slim I suppose. One of my friends who plays Pokémon X and Y already has a Japanese Darkrai and Japanese Mew that he got from someone online who imported them from Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter so it depends on your trade stuff and what you obtain on your Friend Safari's. I've been thinking about taking a break from playing my Pokémon X version until Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transporter is released outside Japan If we're lucky that is. Now I see why DNA gave up on the Pokémon franchise altogether, it doesn't seem like Nintendo knows what they're doing anymore or they actually care more about Japanese gamers than the fanbase that got them where they are in the first place.

They have already made a huge bulk of money off X and Y with 11 million units sold. I don't think pokebank will sell a lot more units. Maybe another million but Pokemon games always sell stupid high amounts. Out of the top selling 30 games of all time 5 of them are Pokemon titles, that's crazy. I don't think they will cancel pokebank for other regions, that just seems extremely unfair.

Also, to add to what catutie said, X and Y are currently the biggest-selling games for the 3DS and Japan is "spoiled" because that's where the games come from.

BAAAAAAH... It's still isn't out after 38 days. That's a month and a week. The same amount of time that GTA V took to fix their online problems.

I don't know what is going on, and why it is taking so long for an app to be released to another portion of the world at least. I don't care which country, as long as I can see a sign that there is movement. But no, all it is right are a bunch of developers and IT guys biting their fingernails as they monitor the servers while the big scary CEOs glare at them from behind.

"Is it going to crash our servers again?"

"...n-n-no! N-n-not yet... it's still stable... but for now! Don't worry! It should be fine after a few more weeks!"

"Good. Pokemon Bank is a small profit compared to the digital game downloads (Zelda, Super Mario 3D World, etc) that are our priority right now. Should the eShop go down again due to your poor server maintenance I will harvest your insides."

"O-o-oh kay sir, good to know! Yup! Pokebank is fine in Japan and should be fine to USA once people finish downloading other stuff and once the people in Japan are done with it!"

This is just bull man. I mean... first they all "OMG look at this trailer of Pokebank! Doesn't all your old favorites look good in the AMAZING Kalos region?!" (which they do) "DOWNLOAD IT WHEN IT COMES OUT ON DEC 27!!!" but now it's like... "Oh? What's Pokebank? Never heard of it- OWWW! I MEAN! TheserverisundergoingalotofmaintenanceandwillbereadyshortlyPLEASEDONTHURTME!!!" Just sayin'.

I'm just joking about the scenarios by the way. I don't know what is going on and I can't assume anything but I am getting very annoyed and by the time it comes out I probably won't even be playing Pokemon anymore as I have already put 400+ hours into it and will have a lot of job searching and schools to apply to soon.

Hope this is true...
the official Bank site has changed the release date to "Coming Soon"

MrSquarepants said:
BAAAAAAH... It's still isn't out after 38 days. That's a month and a week. The same amount of time that GTA V took to fix their online problems.

I don't know what is going on, and why it is taking so long for an app to be released to another portion of the world at least. I don't care which country, as long as I can see a sign that there is movement. But no, all it is right are a bunch of developers and IT guys biting their fingernails as they monitor the servers while the big scary CEOs glare at them from behind.

"Is it going to crash our servers again?"

"...n-n-no! N-n-not yet... it's still stable... but for now! Don't worry! It should be fine after a few more weeks!"

"Good. Pokemon Bank is a small profit compared to the digital game downloads (Zelda, Super Mario 3D World, etc) that are our priority right now. Should the eShop go down again due to your poor server maintenance I will harvest your insides."

"O-o-oh kay sir, good to know! Yup! Pokebank is fine in Japan and should be fine to USA once people finish downloading other stuff and once the people in Japan are done with it!"

This is just bull man. I mean... first they all "OMG look at this trailer of Pokebank! Doesn't all your old favorites look good in the AMAZING Kalos region?!" (which they do) "DOWNLOAD IT WHEN IT COMES OUT ON DEC 27!!!" but now it's like... "Oh? What's Pokebank? Never heard of it- OWWW! I MEAN! TheserverisundergoingalotofmaintenanceandwillbereadyshortlyPLEASEDONTHURTME!!!" Just sayin'.

I'm just joking about the scenarios by the way. I don't know what is going on and I can't assume anything but I am getting very annoyed and by the time it comes out I probably won't even be playing Pokemon anymore as I have already put 400+ hours into it and will have a lot of job searching and schools to apply to soon.

They are probably trying to bulk up there servers and that is what is taking so long. Think of how many people outside Japan want this, I mean they can't even stress test it. They already have so many million using the service, think of the other millions chomping at the bit to get it. Let's say Japan has 5 million users right now, and the service and servers are already stressed with just that 5 million. Then you release it to NA or EU and the other regions and they gain the other 6 million on the servers, that's a HUGE amount. So they are in a bit of a rut because they can release it to NA or what ever but they don't know if it will hold up. They can't really test it too much. They are stuck with a gamble on if it will work or not. Let's just hope when it does come out that the servers are bulked up enough that the other couple million logging on and making accounts won't crash it again.

Pokemon Bank is now on the eShop in Australia. Currently downloading now, I'll post pictures later if people need them.

EDIT: PokeTransporter is available through Bank - by that I mean you choose to "Download Pokemon Transporter" at the Bank's main menu, and it takes you to a hidden eShop page.

Edit 2: Attachment size limits are a thing on PokeBeach, so I posted photos on Tumblr. Enjoy.

Yes, I did! :D It requires some swapping back and forth between X and Bank, but I just got mine. :3

Back