XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

Not necessarily. All it did was make it need to connect to only one server, rather than 3. It could still crash if too many people started using it at the same time.

catutie said:
Reggie McGigas said:
This makes pretty much every pokemon fan in America mad. I'm sure NoA has a PR Nightmare on their hands right now.

Unless your knee deep in news on this you wouldn't know, 3DS is region locked so a US 3DS can't access the EU store or Japan store.

As has been said, if they did it worldwide it would crash again and we would be without for another month, so no complaining.

Booo pokemon bank isn't out! :D

Europe + Australlia + New Zealand has more population then North Amerca + Canada. Therefore it is shockingly unfortunate that America can't get Bank first.

Scorched Feathers said:
Yeah, suuuuure, America should always get stuff before Europe
Keep in account that we get, like, half the stuff you do.

I think every American would prefer an early pokebank over a stupid garchomp and scizor event that around 2 people in my area actually cared to get.

Re: RE: Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

LLR said:
King Xerneas said:
How I deeply wish I was European right now....
or at least had a Eurppean DS...
Nooo...
Have european nintendo network id is enough...

And I can't change now T.T

Not sure how accurate this bit of gossip is, but I was told a group of 4 people somewhere in either Australia or New Zealand were able to make an app very similar to the pokebank (or poke transfer) software. Apparently it was fairly successful, and Nintendo couldn't establish some sort of an injunction against the 4 people so they decided to release Pokebank in that market as soon as they could, first there, hopefully to stop the spread of similar software that they had no control over..

P_A2 said:
Not sure how accurate this bit of gossip is, but I was told a group of 4 people somewhere in either Australia or New Zealand were able to make an app very similar to the pokebank (or poke transfer) software. Apparently it was fairly successful, and Nintendo couldn't establish some sort of an injunction against the 4 people so they decided to release Pokebank in that market as soon as they could, first there, hopefully to stop the spread of similar software that they had no control over..

I did a search with no results. seems like this is fake to me. Plus, this is copyright infraction because they are making a Pokémon game without Nintendo's permission and illegal.

Reggie McGigas said:
P_A2 said:

I did a search with no results. seems like this is fake to me. Plus, this is copyright infraction because they are making a Pokémon game without Nintendo's permission and illegal.

Maybe they're thinking of Pokecheck? They finally cracked the 3DS, but they've only been able to figure out the Battle Video function (for their site) at the moment.

Reggie McGigas said:
catutie said:
Unless your knee deep in news on this you wouldn't know, 3DS is region locked so a US 3DS can't access the EU store or Japan store.

As has been said, if they did it worldwide it would crash again and we would be without for another month, so no complaining.

Europe + Australlia + New Zealand has more population then North Amerca + Canada. Therefore it is shockingly unfortunate that America can't get Bank first.

How many Pokemon fans are there in PAL vs. NA, though? [/i]

Bolt the Cat said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Obviously not enough, since Japan gets all the cool stuff. :p

Well, to be honest, that's the reason I prefaced it with the qualifier that I didn't know how accurate the bit of gossip was. However it does seem odd that the person I got this from specifically mentioned Australia. Did pokecheck come from Australia? I also find odd that someone would start that sort of rumour concerning a piece of software (app) that Nintendo has already made useless. I have no stake in this in any case, so whether it is false or not is none of my concern. I'm just relating what I heard.

Bolt the Cat said:
Reggie McGigas said:

NA also cover the minor/non-regional fans from South East and Middle East Asia!!

Yay! Australia has Pokebank! I'm so excited to help all of you out! As I type this it's being downloaded and it's so far running fine :) just a little update on how it's running on my 3ds :)

Did you guys get any bonus along with the Celebi? If not that's pretty frustrating. But it may take awhile. GTA V took kike 2 months for a "hey we're really sorry about the delay here's a gift for problems we caused." And you got 500,000 fake money which really helped out to start online play

I don't care if it's 500,000 pokemiles, 100 Cherish Balls or in game money or an Event Shiny but it would be nice to get something for their bumble and make me hate them less.

MrSquarepants said:
Did you guys get any bonus along with the Celebi? If not that's pretty frustrating. But it may take awhile. GTA V took kike 2 months for a "hey we're really sorry about the delay here's a gift for problems we caused." And you got 500,000 fake money which really helped out to start online play

I don't care if it's 500,000 pokemiles, 100 Cherish Balls or in game money or an Event Shiny but it would be nice to get something for their bumble and make me hate them less.

The free trial is actually for a month and 10 days (since we're in Feb., that means 38 days total) instead of the previously mentioned 30 days. Not sure if that count as a "bonus" or anything, but that's the only thing out of the ordinary that I could think of.

Athena said:
MrSquarepants said:

The free trial is actually for a month and 10 days (since we're in Feb., that means 38 days total) instead of the previously mentioned 30 days. Not sure if that count as a "bonus" or anything, but that's the only thing out of the ordinary that I could think of.

You also had to choose from: 100 PokéMiles or 10 Battle Point in the begin. Maybe that`s the bonus?

Back