PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013! Congratulations Nekoban Ryo and Hegafire0!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013!

Bo$$_89 said:
Time for my entry

Meloetta EX [P]
Basic Pokemon
170 HP

Ability: Serene Grace
Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your Pokemon.

[C] Embargo
During your opponents next turn, your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand.

[P] [P] [C] Psybeam 100
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now confused.

Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Embargo is even more broken then Haunting Spirit. You wanted to play Float Stone to retreat that Deoxys EX you started with? NOPE, Chuck Testa. Embargo/Laser/Virbank GG. It's ability is also dumb, because it's just Espeon's ability but on a Basic and you don't need energy on the Pokemon.

You also forgot flavor text and height/weight. (If you say "No I didn't" I swear to god, I will kill you.)

Machamp the Champion said:
Bo$$_89 said:
Time for my entry

Meloetta EX [P]
Basic Pokemon
170 HP

Ability: Serene Grace
Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your Pokemon.

[C] Embargo
During your opponents next turn, your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand.

[P] [P] [C] Psybeam 100
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now confused.

Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Embargo is even more broken then Haunting Spirit. You wanted to play Float Stone to retreat that Deoxys EX you started with? NOPE, Chuck Testa. Embargo/Laser/Virbank GG. It's ability is also dumb, because it's just Espeon's ability but on a Basic and you don't need energy on the Pokemon.

You also forgot flavor text and height/weight. (If you say "No I didn't" I swear to god, I will kill you.)

I did not forget flavor text and height/weight

EX's don't require height/weight (nor do any cards from BW-on), nor flavour text (they use the Pokemon-EX rule in the Pokedex space).

Lemonnade said:
EX's don't require height/weight (nor do any cards from BW-on), nor flavour text (they use the Pokemon-EX rule in the Pokedex space).

Aaaaaaaaaand now I look stupid.

Lemonnade said:

Not that much, his card is still crazy overpowered. 170 hp for a basic, and barely any energy for his doomspitting attacks? Can't get poisoned, sleep, etc. Actually, since it blocks everything except damage, that means nothing works.

Nod3 said:

Not that much, his card is still crazy overpowered. 170 hp for a basic, and barely any energy for his doomspitting attacks? Can't get poisoned, sleep, etc. Actually, since it blocks everything except damage, that means nothing works.

I just meant about height/weight part.

Nod3 said:

It can still get poisoned from items like Hypnobroken Laser and can be countered pretty easily.

Okay, so his Believability/Playability score will suffer. Big deal.

...I think today's the last day, so for those of you who haven't finished, get rolling.
aschefield101 has informed me he is unable to judge image-based this month, so I will be doing it instead.

DNA said:
Okay, so his Believability/Playability score will suffer. Big deal.

...I think today's the last day, so for those of you who haven't finished, get rolling.
aschefield101 has informed me he is unable to judge image-based this month, so I will be doing it instead.

Have too much to do for this month, damn.
I guess I have to bail.

Winner's here!
LFcoacutepia_zpsb2d09ce7.png
Because Miracle Energy is a cool guy and needs a buff.

Now I'm not an author or anything but I'm pretty sure

...remove 5 damage counters from your each of you Benched Pokemon...

doesn't make that much sense :p

If anything needs a buff, it's Light Pokemon, not Miracle Energy.

PMJ said:
If anything needs a buff, it's Light Pokemon, not Miracle Energy.

Nah mate, smeargle's ou'dated 'gain. Needa buff 'im again. [/australian]

[/deadline]

I'll get to judging all the entries sometime this week. Might take a bit longer than usual, since I have this cold.

DNA said:
since I have this cold.

Can blame me for that. my hayfever-ish ways spread through the intarwebs and beyond ... :(

On the plus side, mines finally starting to look like its scaling down. Have hit the coughing stage, which for me means its slowly going.

Violent coughing fits, avast!

what does dnf mean by my name?
if it means did not finish then thats wrong cause i did.

anabel1406 said:
what does dnf mean by my name?
if it means did not finish then thats wrong cause i did.

My guess is that it was because you were asked to upload it to an image hosting site (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.) and didn't. Not all browsers support attachment downloads. My old browser wouldn't open them at all.

Another possibility is that you didn't include the set symbol in the first post, which is required for all entries. However, I think failing to add this would just reduce your score (unless the contest has become more strict), so the first reason is more likely.

Nope, it's the second reason. anabel1406 and GoobieDoob didn't put the PBC set symbol on either of their cards. Thus, they weren't counted.
But I don't think either of those entries were particularly high-scoring entries anyway, even with my grading being more lenient than aschefield's.

Even the littlest of ratings could improve their craft, so I just did quick edits if they don't have the time or resources.
arbok_zpseaadc93e.png

2qc2mf7_zpsd087b218.png

Back