PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013! Congratulations Nekoban Ryo and Hegafire0!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013!

GoobieDoob said:
I'm in for image based! Wish me luck as this is my first year doing the Create a Card :)
[EDIT:] Wow, I'm done and nobody has even commented yet. Hmm, whatever. Anyway, here's my entry ... SOLROCK:

2qc2mf7.png

Yes, I know the Energies are off. Neo cards are f***ing hard, people
2rg1dz9.gif

Where is set symbol?

okay here it is

kktoJPT.png

nidoking is awesome. need I say more?

Reggie McGigas said:
Just saying that dex entry is kinda graphic.

>implying that wasn't my intention from the very beginning
>implying anything related to nidoking isn't extremely kinda graphic

Nidoking <3
PMJ pulls through as always.

PMJ said:
okay here it is

kktoJPT.png

Shouldn't it say "remove 60 damage" or "remove 6 damage counters"
Or am I just horribly outdated and do I need to go out and buy me some B/W cards?

Nod3 said:
PMJ said:
okay here it is

kktoJPT.png

Or am I just horribly outdated and do I need to go out and buy me some B/W cards?

You're outdated. Heal X (in 10's, not 1's) damage has been the correct term since Black & White.

Machamp the Champion said:
Nod3 said:

You're outdated. Heal X (in 10's, not 1's) damage has been the correct term since Black & White.

Well, in that case, ain't no way I'm making any BW cards.

Here's my submission! Think of it as a Japanese-exclusive spoof card.

alexpoke_fake_card__japanese__by_karite_kita_neko-d69s1pw.png

Translation #1:
Alexpoke LV.23 HP50

Procrastination Pokémon. Length: 5' 6", Weight: 120 lbs.

Pokémon Power: Postpone As long as Alexpoke is your Active Pokémon, you cannot draw a card. This power stops working if Alexpoke is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

[C] Laze Around Remove 2 damage counters from Alexpoke. Alexpoke is now Asleep.

Weakness: [P], Resistance: None, Retreat Cost: 1

Claimed to be the rarest of all Slowpoke. It doesn't seem as slow as its kin, but seems to purposely put things off.

This card cannot be used.

(Note pointing to Pokémon number: A lie)
Translation #2:
Aledon LV.23 HP50

Procrastination Pokémon. Length: 1.7 meters, Weight: 54.4 kilograms

Pokémon Power: Put-off As long as this Pokémon remains active, you may not draw a card from your deck. This Special Ability stops working while this Pokémon is afflicted with Sleep, Confusion, or Paralysis.

[C] Lie Down Heal 2 damage from this Pokémon. This Pokémon is now afflicted with Sleep.

Weakness: [P], Resistance: None, Retreat Cost: 1

Said to be the rarest of all Yadon. Not as slow as its kin, but tends to put things off.

Cannot be used in official tournaments

(Note pointing to Pokémon number: A lie)
I would have submitted an English version, but it only looked right on a Water-type blank. I don't know why making it Japanese makes it look better on a Psychic-type blank, but it does!

EDIT: Reworded it a bit and fixed the misspelled "Sleep" Hiragana.

On the card it says that it is lv. 23, but in your translation it says lv. 24 lololol

SheNinja said:
On the card it says that it is lv. 23, but in your translation it says lv. 24 lololol

I don't know what you're talking about.

Just kidding. I fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh yeah I updated my entry with the space that was missing between the any and way in Psychic Shift.

There's something wrong with your Japanese card scan. It wouldn't say "Remove 2 damage counters from Aledon"; it'd say "Remove 2 damage counters from this Pokemon". They've only been doing that in English recently, but the Japanese cards have been doing so since time immemorial, iirc.

...I can't believe I just gave a hint

Hey! I have an idea! Why not do a month for I.S.S. and fairy types. That would solve our little only 10 tcg types problem.

DNA said:
There's something wrong with your Japanese card scan. It wouldn't say "Remove 2 damage counters from Aledon"; it'd say "Remove 2 damage counters from this Pokemon". They've only been doing that in English recently, but the Japanese cards have been doing so since time immemorial, iirc.

...I can't believe I just gave a hint

Naughty, naughty DNA!

I attempted to fix this. Also, I have supplied two translations of the card, one as though it was an English card and the other a direct translation from the Japanese text.

Lugia123 said:
Hey! I have an idea! Why not do a month for I.S.S. and fairy types. That would solve our little only 10 tcg types problem.

Fairy-type is an idea for next year, if Fairy-type gets its own representation in the TCG. As for the remaining two months...I have plans for both of them, but I keep forgetting to bug the staff (read: xous) about it (read: making a banner) >_<

I accidentally used the wrong Hiragana for "Sleep," so I edited my entry again. Also, I changed "This card cannot be used" to "Cannot be used in official tournaments." I won't be making anymore changes.

Time for my entry

Meloetta EX [P]
Basic Pokemon
170 HP

Ability: Serene Grace
Prevent all effects of attacks (excluding damage) done to your Pokemon.

[C] Embargo
During your opponents next turn, your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand.

[P] [P] [C] Psybeam 100
Flip a coin. If heads, the defending Pokemon is now confused.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C]

Back