PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013! Congratulations Nekoban Ryo and Hegafire0!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card June 2013!

Girafarig - Basic Pokemon [P] 110 HP
Ability: Retrograde
If any of your Pokemon are damaged an opponent's attack (even if those Pokemon are Knocked Out), prevent all effects of that attack done to your Pokemon, except damage.
[P][C] Ambicapital Bite 20
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokemon is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokemon is Knocked Out), put that many damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon. You can't put more than 11 damage counters in this way.
Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat: 2[C]
'The head on its tail contains a small brain. It can instinctively fight even while facing backward.'
'Ambicapital' can be interpreted as 'both heads', right?
PS I had so many good ideas for the Psychic month. But I could only do 1... I'll make them later in my own thread.

Updated.

Salamencetrainer34; you're free to sign up again if you feel up to it.

Stage 2
Evolves from Kirlia Gardevoir HP110 [P]
[animate]gardevoir[/animate]
No. 282 Embrace Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 106.3 lbs.

Ability- Ability Link
This Pokémon can use the Abilities of any Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's)

[P][P] Warping Room- 40
Your opponent switches your Active Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Then, switch the Defending Pokémon with one of his or her Benched Pokémon.

Weakness- [P]
Resistance-
Retreat- [C][C]

(c) 2013 Pokémon Illus. pldh.net ???/??? R PBA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You have no idea how long it took to size and color that all correctly.

Been getting busy. If my submission isn't in within 10 days, then sign me out.

By the 20th? All right.

[P] Medicham 110 HP
Stage 1- Evolves from Meditite
Team Plasma

NO. 308 Meditate Pokémon HT: 4'03" WT: 69.4 lbs.

Ability: Final Force
Whenever this card is put in your discard pile, you may draw a card.

[P][P] Perfect Strike 70
If the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by this attack, you may move all damage counters not necessary to Knock Out the Defending Pokémon onto your opponent's Benched Pokémon in any way you like.

Medicham uses its psychic field to attack its opponents. It is said that it never even touches its opponents with its feet and fists, only with its aura.

weakness [P] x2
resistance
retreat cost [C][C]

Dammit I was going to do Medicham.

Back to the drawing board >:0

I'm in for image based! Wish me luck as this is my first year doing the Create a Card :)
[EDIT:] Wow, I'm done and nobody has even commented yet. Hmm, whatever. Anyway, here's my entry ... SOLROCK:

2qc2mf7.png

Yes, I know the Energies are off. Neo cards are f***ing hard, people
2rg1dz9.gif

Here's my entry. Just like my last entry, there aren't many cards you can compare this one too, so the wording may not be perfect.

Banette - HP90 - [P]
banette_sprite_by_bakalava-d373vvs.gif

NO. 354 Marionette Pokemon HT. 3'07" WT. 27.6 lbs

[P] Haunting Spirit
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon's attacks. If your opponent doesn't use that attack at the end of his or her next turn, put 5 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.

[P][C] Intensify Pain
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that have damage counters on them.

Weakness: [D] X2
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: 1

This Pokemon was originally a child's doll. When the child disowned it, it sought revenge on the child by destroying it's other toys.

Haunting Spirit is broken.

Think about how many Pokemon in today's format have big second-attack energy costs but only their first attacks get used. :p

/\ Or how there are some Pokémon that shouldn't be attacking at all (Eels, Garbodor etc). I think it would be balanced enough if it was an attack on the Defending Pokémon, since switching/retreating would get rid of the effect (I guess...).

Well, it's a stage 1, with 90 HP and a basic form that can be donked by Sableye and pretty much every other fast deck. If it was a real card, people would know how to play around it. Not bench cards with unusable attacks, lower your bench count. It's definitely not broken.

Then make a tournament with that card included and see how broken it is :p

SheNinja said:
Then make a tournament with that card included and see how broken it is :p

I see that being a very boring tournament. It would just be Banette decks and Banette counters, lol. I'd also have to make a Shuppet sooooooooo ya.

Here is my entry for the image fakes:D

Attachments

• arbok.png
    arbok.png
    422.1 KB · Views: 62

Is it possible for you to upload your card to an image hosting site such as Imageshack or Photobucket instead? It'd be easier to view your card that way.

anabel1406 said:
Here is my entry for the image fakes:D
If this is your first one, it is pretty good! Just take a look at other HGSS fakes and adjust your placement accordingly.
And welcome to PokéBeach!

And as an addendum, it's okay if you can't, but it's preferred to make judging and stuff easier. Your submission is accepted regardless, so no need to worry.

mvgO19U.png

I feel that having 1/1 be uncommon is very strange. Set symbol ^
Wording is iffy.
For clarification, The Ties That Bind can be used multiple times (so if I increased gastly's max hp to 90, and then used it again on a pokemon with 120, it would get 120 as well), and last forever. Overpowered? I think not, read below for link counter explanation:
bp4J8q8.png

If a Pokemon takes damage, all linked pokemon take damage. If it is knocked out with a link counter on it, all other pokemon with link counters on them are knocked out too. Same story with lost zone. Link counters are permanent unless an attack, power, body, trainer, supporter, or stadium remove it. (may be OP)
Therefore, if you have, say, a 300 health pokemon paired with gastly, as well as 2 other pokemon, that's FOUR pokemon knocked out for any of them, AND the opponent gets 4 prize cards. Not so overpowered now, is it? If you link a full bench, you're in biiiiig trouble.

Also. OHKOs are negated by link counters.

Back