PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1! Winners: PMJ and aschefield101!

RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1!

Count me in for the image category. Out of curiosity, are there prizes for this competition?

EricDLee said:
Count me in for the image category. Out of curiosity, are there prizes for this competition?

The honour of having your card on the front page of the forums is the prize, I believe.

Sounds great - here's my submission. I'm not sure if I'm going to submit another.

014.png

For text, should we also post our entries here?

Also, do we have to make Dex entries or can we just use them from the games?

XDK -- just go ahead and post them here (in spoiler tags).

You're certainly welcome to use 'dex entries from the games, although making your own may get to some bonus points as far as creativity is concerned.

It's been a mighty long-o time-o since I have faked a card, but suddenly I have the urge to do it again. So I shall. It'll be HG/SS style, unless I can find the new BLW blanks somewhere.

aschefield101 said:
That Starmie art is freaking brilliant Eric! :)

Thanks! I use a 3D editor, which lets me make Pokemon with simple shapes (spheres, cubes, cones, etc).

I'm NOT gonna tell you to check out my website to see some of my other fakes, because that would be advertising ;)

Now is it too late to make an entry? the original post says it goes for a week, which should give me one more day.

If I did make an entry though, it would be text only, and there haven't been any other text entries yet. Does that mean auto-win?:p

CMP said:
Deadline: Sunday, November 6th

You have more than a day to make an entry and I believe we have a few others making text entries.

shinygyarados said:
Now is it too late to make an entry? the original post says it goes for a week, which should give me one more day.

If I did make an entry though, it would be text only, and there haven't been any other text entries yet. Does that mean auto-win?:p

The term "week" is very loosely used -- it's more to describe this competition than anything; plus, it's easier to use than "the next two weeks'." As Cris pointed out, the actual deadline will always be in bold italics near the bottom of the post. =)

But nope -- if you look at the participants, there are four entrants right now who will be submitting text entries. So entering won't guarantee you a win. Sorry! I'd love to see you participate, though.

Don't think you saw my post earlier, so I'll quote myself:

Is it OK to use a Fakemon for your card? I've just finished one that I'm very pleased with, only it uses a monster of mah own creation.

Yeah, Fakemon are fine.

Hmmmm. I'd actually quite like to give this a shot, it's been a while :) Image category only.

Good to hear it, Fangy! Looking forward to what you put out. =)

Fangking's in? No pressure, everypony.

Right, here we go.

It's been a while, but PB's faking contest got me firing up photoshop once again. This took a fair few hours, but it was fun.

Basically, the aim here was to emulate the original Gym Heroes/Challenge cards, but using the BLW style. Thus, Psyduck has 70HP and an Ability, worded as the real cards are now. Also, I've given the card a fairly murky background and a glowing outline, just like Misty's original cards. I also ripped the badge/headshot image straight from an old card too.

In deference to the fact that I'm an anime fan, I've used teal, generally used in the cartoon when a Pokémon uses Psychic or Telekenisis. And yes, I did an entirely seperate layer for the eye glow too. In fact, I used many many layers, for everything and everything!

As for the attacks... well, I had fun with them. Such a useless and bumbling Pokémon, is Psyduck, so let's give him a 50/50 chance of self-confusion, and then use it to protect him! Teehee!

Finally, thanks to the Pokébeach faking community once again, they're all so helpful even in the face of my blinding incompetance. Credit to Asche for the blanks and to Flame Claw for the backgrounds.

Decided to submit this guy. My first fake card ever and always my favorite. =]
004golducklvlx.png

Back