PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1! Winners: PMJ and aschefield101!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1! Winner of the text-based competition announced -- congrats PMJ!

Your cards were creative, Yakob! =) For the reference to Blastoise's Ability, I used Metagross Unleashed, as I'm not sure of any BW cards which modulate RC.

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black
RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1! Winner of the text-based competition announced -- congrats PMJ!

Congrats PMJ :D

Can't wait for the image judging :D

Cris

Fear will eat you alive....

Flame Claw said:
Congrats PMJ :D

Can't wait for the image judging :D

^ Exactly how I feel!

RayquazaMaster

Hetalian Pokemon Master

Now that the judging for the text based cards is done, I'm kind of nervous for the image based judging. :'D Not that I expect to win or anything, I'll probably end up in last place.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Hey guys -- my apologies in the delay, but it's time to announce the winner of the image-based category!

Unfortunately, the file with the majority of detailed ratings has been corrupted, but if you'd like me to critique your cards using the grading scale, PM me and I'll be happy to discuss your card(s)!

I'm happy to annouce that [member]aschefield101[/member] is the winner! His card can be found below:
rocket__s_feraligatr_ex_by_aschefield101-d4et89k.png

Creativity: 20/20
asche has proven himself time and time again as a master of new (and gorgeous!) blanks. His idea to use the Battrio symbols is something I've not seen before. Love the "R" in holo in the background -- and look! Return of the 1st edition stamp. Cool!

Wording: 12/15
As Noble Victories Carracosta shows us, BW wording should be "If any damage is done to this Pokémon by attacks, reduce that damage by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). However, wording switches between generations, so with the new blank (new generation?), I can't take off too much. However, you still say "last turn," when "next turn" makes much more sense.

Fonts and Placement: 10/10
Placement seems to fit well with the blank. Interesting choice to use the bold italic for the name -- differentiates your blanks from traditional ones. Symbols are lined up; everything looks in order.

Believability: 5/5
I really don't see why this couldn't be a real card (attack-wise). Carracosta NV reduces damage by 50, and Rocket's Feraligatr EX only by 30. Nice damage output but hindered by an attackless turn. Retreat seems reasonable as well.

Total: 47/50

Congrats, bro!

Cris

Fear will eat you alive....
Congrats aschefield101, your entry was awesome! Oh and good job everyone else, all the entries were great.

YakobTheRed

Blarghargharghargh!
Very cool, a well-deserved win indeed.

So, when's the next comp? It's gonna be pretty much the only way I'm motivated to do more cards, lol.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Weeee tyvm all :)

Haven't been around much as I was on the Star Wars: The Old Republic stress test weekend, but now thats over I'm back!