PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1! Winners: PMJ and aschefield101!

RE: PokéBeach Create-a-Card Competition #1!

Alright, I'll be the first to submit text entries.

Entry #1
Octillery 90 HP [W]
Stage 1 – Evolves from Remoraid

[Ability] Artillery Selection
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may choose a Basic Energy card attached to this Pokemon. This Pokemon is the same type as that Energy card until the end of your turn.

[W][C] Sniper
Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. This attack does 40 damage to that Pokémon. Apply Weakness and Resistance for this attack.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: n/a
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

Pokedex Entry: When it hunts, it binds its prey with its tentacles. In case of a struggle it spews ink in the prey's face to blind them.

Entry #2
Relicanth 80 HP [W]
Basic Pokemon

[C] Link to the Past
Search your discard pile for a Pokemon and put it into your hand.

[W][W][W] Relic Wave 50
During your opponent's next turn, your opponent cannot play any Item cards from his or her hand.

W: [G] x2
R: n/a
Retreat Cost: [C]

Pokedex Entry: A Pokemon that has lived deep under the sea for millions of years. Its rock hard scales protect it from all attacks and the high pressure.

These are two of my favorite Pokemon and I didn't think anyone else would do them so I decided to make them :3. The first one I've had in my head for 2 years and have just now made.

I feel like I failed at the dex entries xD.

I didn't realize Relicanth's first attack was a LoZ game until after I was done, but I liked it a lot so I kept the reference.

Ahh, I didnt see the end date on there when I looked, thanks.

Water and Ice are two of my favorite types. It was difficult to pick only two.

Slowbro HP 110 [W]
Evolves from Slowpoke

Ability: Relaxed Power
Whenever one of this Pokemon's attacks does damage to the defending Pokemon, you may have that attack do 30 less damage. If you do, remove 3 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.

[P] [C] Strange Stare 50
The Defending Pokemon cannot retreat during your Opponent's next turn. This Pokemon is now Confused.

[C] [C] [C] [C] Max Strength 130
This Pokemon does 50 damage to itself. Discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C]

Slowbro are often found relaxing on sandy beaches. Though they are normally docile, they have been known to protect themselves fiercely.

Kingler HP 80 [W]
Evolves from Krabby

[W] Crab Walk
This attack does 30 damage to one of your Opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) Switch Kingler with one of your Benched Pokemon.

[W] [W] [C] King's Hammer 50
This attack does 10 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]

Fights often break out between casts of Kingler and schools of Seaking. Each group claims the position of "King of the Sea."

@Xdogking: Dex entries are probably my favorite part of CaC. Yours are awesome:p

Here's my Battrio EX card : Feraligatr (for the image part of the comp only)

rocket__s_feraligatr_ex_by_aschefield101-d4et89k.png

neeeeeeat

Can I assume that anyone can just enter? I don't see signups, only anticipated participants.

Oh right, I wanted to do text-based ones, too. Since I don't have anyone to draw my fakemon for me, here is one (because I only have one):

Raynora - HP 130 - [W]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Flomis

Ability: Regal Rain
Whenever you attach a [W] Energy from your hand to any of your Pokémon, heal 10 damage and remove all Special Conditions from that Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Regal Rain Ability each turn.

[W][W][C] - Aqua Kick - 100
Flip a coin. If heads, this Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

WK: [L] x2 / RS: [M] - 20 / RC: [C]

They manipulate water gracefully, with deadly precision. Their humanlike appearance makes them very popular.

This is one of the fakemon I've been sitting on for ages. She has no definite design yet but she is a female-only pure Water line, contrasted by a male only pure Fire line. The two lines are not related by species, however.

And a real mon:

Articuno - HP120 - [W]
Basic

[W] Frost Wind
Put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon and heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[W][C][C] Ice Tornado
Does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

WK: [M]+20 / RS: [F]-20 / RC: [C][C]

A legendary Pokemon. The very beating of its magnificent wings chills the air and causes snow to fall.

We can use Ice-types too, derp. There really is no one to choose other than Articuno. His first attack is darn good and that's because Articuno gets almost no love. Surely someone out there would use this card. He's really pretty bulky, so the constant healing is meant to reflect that. It also helps set up the second attack and combos well with DCE.

Zyflair said:
Can I assume that anyone can just enter? I don't see signups, only anticipated participants.

Yep, it's open to everyone. Are you going to do the text or image category?

I would most likely be taking the text-based ones.

Bam! Did another.

So I had this bizarre idea a couple of nights ago to do a series of moustache-sporting Pokémon for Movember. (If you don't know it, google it. :D )

First up is one of my favourite Unova Pokémon, Samurott. Nothing amazingly special, and the holo effect was a total failure, but I still like it.

As always, thanks to the Pokébeach fakers, who are just too awesomely helpful for words.

Samurott picture clipped from this picture, by Kuroi-Tsuki.

Can't see it, Yakob -- try fixing the URL?

Yup, fixed it now. Didn't bother to check the preview here, but at least I noticed when I was updating my topic, lol

politoed_card_by_47bennyg-d42167m.png

Magikarp - HP 50 - [W]
Basic

Poké-Power: I swear to God, when I evolve...
Once during your turn (before you attack) You may put Gyarados from your hand onto Magikarp (this counts as evolving Magikarp). When you do this, search your deck for a number of basic energy cards equal to the number of damage counters on Magikarp and attach them to Magikarp. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W] Splash
Switch Magikarp with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [L] +10 Resistance: n/a Retreat Cost: [C]

It is unable to swim against even slow-moving currents. It always splashes about for some reason.

Gyarados - 110 HP - [W]
Stage 1

[W][C] Dragon's Roar 40

[W][W][W][C] Outrage 110
Gyarados does 20 damage to itself.

Weakness: [L]+30 Resistance: [F]-20 Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

In ancient literature, there is a record of a Gyarados that razed a village when violence flared.

Last minute entry! Jellicent will conquer all!

k0k70y.jpg

Hope it wasn't too late!

GoobieDoob said:
Hope it wasn't too late!

You're fine. Just want to point out that the deadline is tomorrow for anyone that wasn't sure (or didn't read the OP :p), so don't forget to get your enteries in! I'm assuming we have to submit our entries before 12:00am in your timezone tomorrow, is that correct CMP? (I'm still working on my entries so it would be convenient to know before what time I have to have them in by tomorrow.)

Cris said:
You're fine. Just want to point out that the deadline is tomorrow for anyone that wasn't sure (or didn't read the OP :p), so don't forget to get your enteries in! I'm assuming we have to submit our entries before 12:00am in your timezone tomorrow, is that correct CMP? (I'm still working on my entries so it would be convenient to know before what time I have to have them in by tomorrow.)

Yep -- deadline is tomorrow @ 11:59 PM EST. =)

Back