PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Aug. 2014 - Delta Species (Congrats to the winners!)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Aug. 2014 - Delta Species

I feel horrible for saying this, but I have to pull out. This month it's been impossible to come up with anything, and I ended up putting it off for too long. I wish it wasn't like this (mainly because this breaks my 2-year entry streak and ends my reign as longest-running CaC participant), but it just has to be. I can assure you I'll have something in next round!

yay, one less entry to judge!!! It's sad to see you dropping out, Fletch.

Guys, guess what: School's a thing. Between Calculus and Chemistry research I've barely had the chance to judge about 4-5 entries. That said, I expect to have my results finished around Friday or Saturday. At least it's not on September yet. :p

CMP said:
I know I sound like a parent, but you guys should be proud of yourselves!

Haha don't you mean teacher?

Update on judging: so far, everyone has scored at least a 40! First month I've judged to do so, so let me reiterate my congratulations to all of you.

Scorched Feathers said:
I feel horrible for saying this, but I have to pull out. This month it's been impossible to come up with anything, and I ended up putting it off for too long. I wish it wasn't like this (mainly because this breaks my 2-year entry streak and ends my reign as longest-running CaC participant), but it just has to be. I can assure you I'll have something in next round!
No! Sad to see, man. Thanks for letting us know, though! (Well, that's mostly me thanking you on Luis' behalf since I don't have to judge yours, but you know what I mean :p)

Nod3 said:
CMP said:
I know I sound like a parent, but you guys should be proud of yourselves!

Haha don't you mean teacher?
Nope. My teachers and professors were bad people.

No time to have Gadget proof read. GOGOGO!

Gadget did meta.
I did aesthetics.

tumblr_nb19sw5NMF1snsyxqo1_500.png

The inclusion of Igglypuff will make up for bad shading and late entry.

Delta said:

Gadget did meta.
I did aesthetics.

Nice, just wish I could've found out about this a bit earlier.

GadgetJax said:
Nice, just wish I could've found out about this a bit earlier.

'aye. Sorry. I'll make the art before I actually sign up in the future. I think I've said that before but hey-ho.

Sans AlexanderTheAwesome, it looks like everyone who hasn't already pulled out has submitted their entry -- awesome!

For those who still wish to join, we have some open positions left, but you only have three and a half hours to submit!

CMP said:
Sans AlexanderTheAwesome, it looks like everyone who hasn't already pulled out has submitted their entry -- awesome!

For those who still wish to join, we have some open positions left, but you only have three and a half hours to submit!

Hm, ATA is not even online right now. I'm guessing it's just a late entry. :p

/me goes to find ATA

Stage 1 Lampent (Delta Species) 80 HP [Y]

Ability: Fanciful Fairy-ness
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a [Y] Energy card from your hand to 1 of your [Y] Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon.

[Y][Y][C] Magic Wand 100
Return all Energy cards attached to this Pokémon to your hand.

W: [M] x2
R: [D] -20
RT: 1

The Pokémon floats around in the shape of a lamp feeding on people's souls​

Less than 2 hours remain!

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Stage 1 Lampent (Delta Species) 80 HP [Y]

Ability: Fanciful Fairy-ness
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may attach a [Y] Energy card from your hand to 1 of your [Y] Pokémon. If you do, put 1 damage counter on that Pokémon.

[Y][Y][C] Magic Wand 100
Return all Energy cards attached to this Pokémon to your hand.

W: [M] x2
R: [D] -20
RT: 1
The Pokémon floats around in the shape of a lamp feeding on people's souls​

Well, so that's a wrap for my side! So far I last judged XDog's entry, so I'm probably going to do one or two more before I have to go.

Did I miss Mr. Stoopid and Wigglytuff's submission somewhere?

Wigglytuff:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-contest-pok%C3%A9beach-create-a-card-aug-2014-delta-species?pid=2651551#pid2651551
Stoopid:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-contest-pok%C3%A9beach-create-a-card-aug-2014-delta-species?pid=2655408#pid2655408

Wigglytuff's submission is on page 6. "Mr. Stoopid" (Scorched Feathers, right?), pulled out on page 8.

EDIT: Ninja'd. =(

Delta said:

Gadget did meta.
I did aesthetics.

ITS IGGLYBUFF!!!!!
THATS A B
NOT A P
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ice Arceus said:
Did I miss Mr. Stoopid and Wigglytuff's submission somewhere?
And yes, you missed mine. Someone put the link up after your post.

Watch your caps plz! ~IA

Are we free to discuss future CaCs themes on this thread while waiting for the results?

Zygarde said:
Are we free to discuss future CaCs themes on this thread while waiting for the results?

You might as well, why not? It'll keep you guys busy while I finish with the results. :p

To begin with, I told this to IA last month and he was so rude he ignored me(Just kidding, BTW):

Why not a RANDOM round? By the time you claim your spot in the Contest, a PM will be sent to you saying the Pokémon you were assigned. This would be done via Random.org.

Any thoughts about this Theme?

Luispipe8 said:
Why not a RANDOM round? By the time you claim your spot in the Contest, a PM will be sent to you saying the Pokémon you were assigned. This would be done via Random.org.
Since I actively dislike 53.62% of all Pokémon (and that's being rather generous) I'm not sure I'd want to participate in a theme like that...

That being said, I don't know what kind of theme I'd suggest. Has trainer's Pokémon been done already? How about Dark Pokémon to sort of fit the current theme? How about just doing types again? Maybe give just the name of an attack/power and let us start from there?

Luispipe8 said:

Any thoughts about this Theme?

Where's Reggie's GIF? Oh. Here it is---
FYq7M.gif%20

That being said, though, if we did that, sorry, Delta. I'd prefer to take that kind of challenge alone.

Back