Pokemon PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse

RE: PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse...

Blah said:
"So I herd u liek mudkipz"
I lol'd hard.
How even that was the worst part.
I forgot about how much I hated PETA until this happened. The game itself is well designed and all, but they really need to stop telling anyone and anything that has done anything that even slightly disconveniences animals to do what they say. I mean, I respect preaching against cruelty, but making fun of Nintendo for a game that is worth more money than every aspect of their business because the premise has cartoon animal violence is just bad. Did you guys know that PETA also tried to sue Nintendo for Super Mario 3 thanks to the Raccoon suit power up? That happened also.
I really hope Nintendo sues them for all they're worth.

RE: PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse...

Meatheart said:
Blah said:
"So I herd u liek mudkipz"
I lol'd hard.
How even that was the worst part.
I forgot about how much I hated PETA until this happened. The game itself is well designed and all, but they really need to stop telling anyone and anything that has done anything that even slightly disconveniences animals to do what they say. I mean, I respect preaching against cruelty, but making fun of Nintendo for a game that is worth more money than every aspect of their business because the premise has cartoon animal violence is just bad. Did you guys know that PETA also tried to sue Nintendo for Super Mario 3 thanks to the Raccoon suit power up? That happened also.

The Tanooki suit was awesome too. I actually wanted one as a kid because Super Mario 3 (Actually, I still want one!). Like I said, PETA gets pretty stupid with their methods. This is jurt another example of that.

my threads r the best u guys r haters>:-((

yeah i just

why

just oh god why

To be honest.. PETA must be getting some sort of massive way to make money. They are always gettin sued for dumb things. I honestly thing TPC should sue them.

About the game... It would be a great game if it were like - yeah you know legit - but seriously it's a cry for attention. They do it all the time.

good on them. my father always told me to follow what i believe in and they're doing just that. <3

Martini said:
To be honest.. PETA must be getting some sort of massive way to make money. They are always gettin sued for dumb things. I honestly thing TPC should sue them.

About the game... It would be a great game if it were like - yeah you know legit - but seriously it's a cry for attention. They do it all the time.

It's a shame those hilarious trainer designs are something out of PETA, that artist has some great talent and shouldn't be working for PETA.

Sounds like they really hate Nintendo.

It's not real, and it's not gory either. PETA's just being stupid. I guess they're getting some inspiration from Ken...never mind.

I'm pretty sure Team Plasma was just Nintendo's way of mocking PETA. An organization that claims to have the goal of fair treatment for all animals sans humans, but is in truth a group of crazy evil-doers and terrorists.
Yeah, that actually makes sense really! Team Plasma IS PETA.
Lol.

The only thing that really saddens me is the actual time and effort they put into making this, instead of doing something to actually advocate animal rights.

Funny stuff.

I'm pushing to remove our VG section as it is secretly an underground cockfighting organization. I'll later get Smogon shutdown to put an end to the digital cruelty.

#teamplasma2012

Don't show them competitive battling or we'll be screwed.
Was PETA even paying attention to the stories in Pokemon? Pokemon is about fighting for friendship, and the anime is very anti-violence, and the games encourage you not to fight so much and that you should love them and not put them is horrible positions. idiots.

On the other hand, the game was a lot of fun, I laughed through the whole thing at their references and jokes. Shame the awesome artist works for PETA (urgh)

Blui129 said:
Shame the awesome artist works for PETA (urgh)

I don't think they do. PETA contracted this and the Tanooki Mario game to This is Pop, makers of many flash games. But yeah, these resources would have been better spent elsewhere.

561998_10151450357919966_1201135977_n.jpg

This was the only redeeming part of the whole thing^

Also i love how they openly support Team Plasma...thats a great message to send to children... (-__-); support the bloody terrorist organization...

my magikarp would splash the hell out PETA because they don't have what it takes to beat my magikarp! (note:my magikarp knows splash, blizzard, fire blast and thunder. but splash is still my favorite out of every pokemon move ever.)

I love how they support TP's views whilst it is stated B/W that they overworked stolen Pokemon and Ghetsis was really doing this to take over Unova.

And that they spent time developing this game when they could have been doing something useful.

This is just hilarious. They clearly missed the "Pokemon are our friends" part of the series. I swear to Arceus, PETA is a bunch of idiots, they hold animals on a higher pedestal than their own kind.

Bolt the Cat said:
This is just hilarious. They clearly missed the "Pokemon are our friends" part of the series. I swear to Arceus, PETA is a bunch of idiots, they hold animals on a higher pedestal than their own kind.

The irony is they kill more animals than they save because they can't afford to take care of all of them.

Gee, wonder why, I mean hey- they're spending money on this stuff. Probably killed at least 4 dogs to make this game.

Meatheart said:
Incinermyn said:
Can you say 'copyright infringement?' That's all I see, because they likely didn't get permission to make that. Nintendo will sue their pants off, that is a given.
Hydro Cannon said:
Like the mod said, Nintendo looks like theyll be suing for this.

Nintendo will not be suing PETA for this.

Also, Nintendo isn't even the right company to sue PETA, that would be Game Freak.

Thirdly, Game Freak would easily lose the lawsuit against PETA as the game is parody protected under fair use.

I keep seeing people on Facebook and other places saying "Nintendo should sue PETA" and whatnot. Well if Game Freak was to actually sue PETA over this, it would definitely be bad for Game Freak as they will lose a whole bunch of money, and then PETA can turn around and launch a counter-suit where they will probably win.

One other thing... if what we're worried is "copyright infringement", then this website along with all other Pokémon fan-made websites not affiliated with Game Freak also fall under copyright infringement and should be taken down. You should be glad there are laws that protect fair use.

MageLeif said:
Meatheart said:
Incinermyn said:
Can you say 'copyright infringement?' That's all I see, because they likely didn't get permission to make that. Nintendo will sue their pants off, that is a given.
Hydro Cannon said:
Like the mod said, Nintendo looks like theyll be suing for this.

Nintendo will not be suing PETA for this.

Also, Nintendo isn't even the right company to sue PETA, that would be Game Freak.

Thirdly, Game Freak would easily lose the lawsuit against PETA as the game is parody protected under fair use.

I keep seeing people on Facebook and other places saying "Nintendo should sue PETA" and whatnot. Well if Game Freak was to actually sue PETA over this, it would definitely be bad for Game Freak as they will lose a whole bunch of money, and then PETA can turn around and launch a counter-suit where they will probably win.

One other thing... if what we're worried is "copyright infringement", then this website along with all other Pokémon fan-made websites not affiliated with Game Freak also fall under copyright infringement and should be taken down. You should be glad there are laws that protect fair use.

Wrong! PETA can still get sued, even claiming fair use. If Game Freak and Nintendo feel that this will hurt their business, they can still take legal action because PETA derogatorally uses so much of their trademarked material negatively. They turn a blind eye to fanworks because those are produced by people who buy the games and merchandise.

Incinermyn said:
Wrong! PETA can still get sued, even claiming fair use. If Game Freak and Nintendo feel that this will hurt their business, they can still take legal action because PETA derogatorally uses so much of their trademarked material negatively. They turn a blind eye to fanworks because those are produced by people who buy the games and merchandise.

True, that's Trademark Tarnishment.

However, PETA still has quite a number of defenses to protect themselves. There's nominative fair use, traditional fair use, parody, and they can even make a case of naked licensing because the company did not object to PETA in the past.

I would say naked licensing might be their best bet in this case. Because nobody raised a lawsuit about what PETA has done in the past regarding anything Nintendo-related, if Nintendo/Game Freak try to sue PETA now, the simple fact that they did not take earlier action strengthens PETA's case substantially.

This is so stupid. I mean its not like there was a whole generation of games where pokemon being treated equally was the main moral of the game.
Or the fact that "pokemon are friends not weapons" is the most important lesson since day one.

I just don't see how people can support a group with a 97% kill rate on "saved animals" (96% for dogs, 99% for cats to be more specific)

Back