Pokemon PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
http://www.slashgear.com/peta-releases-pokemon-black-and-blue-to-raise-awareness-of-virtual-monster-abuse-08250952/

Here's the Flash Game itself from PETA's Website:

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

RE: PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse...

Ghetsis the Gardener would like to battle.

First I was offended because PETA Did this.
Now I feel it'd be likable if it wasn't PETA who did it.

RE: PETA Releases Anti-Pokemon Game to Raise Awareness of Virtual Monster Abuse...

PETA I supported you on your animal cruelty crusade. This. This is just plain stupid and I would like to punch every idiot that supported/came up with how Pokemon is like abusing animals.

Equinox said:
PETA I supported you on your animal cruelty crusade. This. This is just plain stupid and I would like to punch every idiot that supported/came up with how Pokemon is like abusing animals.

The Irony is they didn't get the monster part.

Excuse me giant snake with blood-red teeth attempting to kill me, would you like a nice home and some vegan pasta?

The game was well-designed, the inside jokes were there.

This is PETA being PETA, but hey, they got our attention, so their game succeeded. It was entertaining for a good five minutes. x3

Wow. How is that even relivant? PETA that picture isn't associated with Pokemon. How could you compare them? That's so dumb.

Can you say 'copyright infringement?' That's all I see, because they likely didn't get permission to make that. Nintendo will sue their pants off, that is a given.

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon, its you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon, a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all
Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place
Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream

PETA's arguments are invalid.

Pokemon is teaching kids animal cruelty? Or is this meant to put their cause in perspective? It all sounds rather silly. Regardless, the game is surprisingly... well crafted.

Funny thing though, this reminds me of a train of thought I had a while ago. If Pokemon WERE real, what would battles actually look like? Battling without a licensed referee would be illegal. Certain moves and strategies would be banned. There's no way we'd battle until they fainted. It would be a completely different thing, more like fencing, or maybe even like modern sports.

It's not fine for us to beat up innocent animals, but it's fine for innocent animals to beat us up.

Makes sense.

"So I herd u liek mudkipz"

I lol'd hard. Besides for that, as Zy said, it's just PETA being PETA. I do think it was kinda harsh, though.

Personally I just find it funny because these are the types of things people get sued for and there'd be no better group for that to happen to. Let's face facts: though their message is good, PETA's methods usually suck.

It's not fine for us to beat up innocent animals, but it's fine for innocent animals to beat us up.

Makes sense.
Here in the United States, I was taught that taking down the people in charge is a legit way to handle a situation, so don't worry. It's legit.

Incinermyn said:
Personally I just find it funny because these are the types of things people get sued for and there'd be no better group for that to happen to. Let's face facts: though their message is good, PETA's methods usually suck.

On their Facebook page they have a pic with shirts that say "Cut Class, Not Frogs" terrible message lmao

PETA strikes again with another stupid attempt at getting people's attention.

Ahahahaha... Just played the game... Like the mod said, Nintendo looks like theyll be suing for this. That was funny... But seriously... Lets make a PG-13 rated bloody animal game beating up humans to prove animal violence. MORONS.

At least this is better than the PETA pr0n site that they launched a while ago.

Honestly PETA is nothing without outrageous publicity. It's truly a shame, for such a worth cause being so extremist.

Equinox said:
Incinermyn said:

On their Facebook page they have a pic with shirts that say "Cut Class, Not Frogs" terrible message lmao

My point exactly. Protesting is one thing, but PETA usually just gets stupid about it.

These guys at PETA are reminding me of the anti-Pokemon pastors in the late 90s.
Nobody actually cares about them and anybody who is unfortunate enough to know them knows they're attention whores with no idea what they're talking about.

The whole ironic thing about this game is that the end credits give credit to two "Pokemon experts" who work at PETA.
Think about that for a little while.

That was a pretty damn fun mini-game.

Wait, what this about PETA?

Back