'Omega Ruby' and 'Alpha Sapphire' Releasing November 2014! [5/7]

Teal said:
CMP said:
Hoenn definitely featured the most diverse cities (I'm looking at you, Fortree, Pacifidlog, and Sootopolis! , which I'm sure will look beautiful in 3D! I can't wait to see what changes are made.
Black 2 and White 2 without a doubt featured the most diverse cities ... XY make it close too.

Village Bridge, Black City/White Forest, Humilau City, Castelia City, Virbank City, Lacunosa Town, Nimbasa City, Lentimas Town, Undella Town, Anville Town,

Never played B2W2, but I must agree to disagree. Castelia City is a large city, yes, but it's simply that...a large city. Nothing special. The same can be said for many other cities and towns you mentioned; Nimbasa City in particular is an average city with some interesting amusement-esque features. In my opinion, a city in the treetops and a city on logs in the ocean are much more unique and interesting.

Environments and cities which I believe will translate wonderfully to 3D!

pikablu29 said:
RealSlim said:
Looks like I'm the only one here who started play Pokémon games since Red/Blue. So sad... anyway, I liked Hoenn but not that much, I liked Johto much more, as well as the 3rd Gen is absolutely NOT my favourite... I'm happy to read "new world", I really hope these games will show us a new place, maybe a new region... but for now I would like to get an answer for these questions, before concentrate myself to ORAS:

1) Why the hell (in Kalos) 3 power plants on 4 are closed??? What are they hiding??? (***Game Freak let me open them, now!***)
2) What is this "Strange Souvenir"?
3) What is the far away region from which the Strange Souvenir (and who gave it to me) come from?
4) Why there is an unused station in Couriway Town?
5) What is the "far away" region mentioned by Shauna?

I really really (really) think that the answers to the last 4 questions are in this "new world" (read as "new region").

I've been in it since Red and Blue as well and I can definitely agree on Johto being better of the regions too. Maybe it's only us 1st gen players that feel like this. All of your questions are ones I've been wondering about as well. I hope Gamefreak gives us some closure on these things before the new games come out. Maybe on top of Hoenn we get a smaller "new area" that was mentioned by the backpacker that gives you the souvenir. He mentions that it isn't an area we've explored before in previous games. It's possible the item triggers an event of sorts that takes you to a new area/region. I think it's gonna be remakes with upgrades on a few aspects and some new features. I don't think it will be an entirely new story or anything.

I don't think it has to do with being a first gen player but more of just a personal opinion. Like y'all, I've been playing since the days of Red & Blue and out of the six regions (Kalos not included as I haven't played XY yet) Kanto and Johto are my least favorite. Both just felt bland to me, more so Johto. Hoenn was my favorite region with Unova being in close second. But, like I said, it's just a matter of personal opinions.

Anyways, it looks like I'll be purchasing a 2DS sooner than I expected. Also, as a TCG collector I'm excited for what this will mean. My assumption is that we get one more set after Rising Fist and then its back to Hoenn. Possible more Deoxys EX cards but of his other forms? This would also be a good time to introduce the Mega Blaziken EX card, as well as the other Hoenn megas.

What's with the yellow glowing in Kyogre's body? Looks awesome. I seriously can't wait for these games. I know we won't be in Hoenn thanks to the hotel guy in X and Y, so I wonder where we'll be? Will we return to Hoenn post game at all?

Will there be any new Pokemon in this new region? Other thank the new formes of Kyogre and Groudon and whatever new mega evolutions they come out with.

NOVEMBER WHY CAN'T YOU BE NOW!

Rob234111 said:
What's with the yellow glowing in Kyogre's body? Looks awesome. I seriously can't wait for these games. I know we won't be in Hoenn thanks to the hotel guy in X and Y, so I wonder where we'll be? Will we return to Hoenn post game at all?

Will there be any new Pokemon in this new region? Other thank the new formes of Kyogre and Groudon and whatever new mega evolutions they come out with.

NOVEMBER WHY CAN'T YOU BE NOW!

You go and play thought Hoenn first, them play thought the new region, that's if they include a Brand new region. Its pretty obvious that the Hoenn map won't be looking like the original Hoenn.
Hoenn 2.0 ?

Box Art mons appear to be megas. And weren't 'Mega Sceptile' and 'Mega Swampert' coined/trademarked/copyighted/whatever'd awhile ago? same with plusle and minun but skfjld starters.

Swampert's mega BETTER be amazing or ill be upset :|

On the other hand; I CAN HAVE A SHINX IN HOENN[probably]! FINALLY

There is a possibility that I might actually cry.
I have been waiting for this for about 40% of my life.
My favorite generation, my childhood.
And. They. Look. MEGA.

I wonder about Rayquaza, too.

Good lord.
I'm dead.

I can't wait for screenshots.

EDIT: I can't figure out why some people are disappointed with "remakes."

EDIT 2: Oh! I bet there's gonna be all kinds of information for OR/AS when E3 comes around! Not to mention the whole "Digital Event" thing.
GET HYPED

Maybe they'll do something about that research on talking to Pokémon they were doing at Devon Corporation... Black and White had looking into their dreams, after all. Betcha anything they'll have researched how to talk to Pokémon by now!

Can someone find me a screenshot or something of that one guy in Devon that said something about understanding pokemon speak? on floor 2, with the guy that said something about visualizing pokemon dreams [which we got] and the other guy talking about reviving fossils.

What with the 3ds sound function.... ...

I've seen across various sites people assuming we'll get an Emerald remake as well. Do remember that HeartGold and SoulSilver incorporated various features from Crystal as well. I wouldn't be surprised if ORAS is just Emerald remade into two separate versions. Though, with the mascots looking different in appearance perhaps its a total different story line all together. I'm really excited for more information.

Perhaps there is a new third team and the first two teams [or what remains of them] are trying to stop them [like how team aqua wants to stop magma in ruby version]? that could be interesting

Whitefire said:
Can someone find me a screenshot or something of that one guy in Devon that said something about understanding pokemon speak? on floor 2, with the guy that said something about visualizing pokemon dreams [which we got] and the other guy talking about reviving fossils.

imagejpg1_zpsd13d9333.jpg

I actually pulled out my old copy of Ruby to get that screenshot. It's been a while. ^_^

Ill be picking up one of these, not sure which, since I cant stand the designs of Groudon or Kyogre and don't know the exclusives yet(but really, does that even matter anymore? lol). Im all for these being a fully fleshed out sequel rather than a remake in any sense of the word- I played the snot out of Ruby and Emerald back in the day, and Id much rather have a brand new story (can keep Teams A&M) and MANY new areas to explore. Another reason Id like it to be a sequel is that I want access to a lot of Pokémon, especially Johto/Unova/Kalos, since I cant stand 95% of the designs of the Pokémon native to Hoenn, AND Hoenns dex needs to be more than doubled to compete with Kalos.

When all is said and done, no matter the huge excitement/hype train, I cant WAIT for all the fakes and dead horse beatings this is going to cause over the next 6 months. /sarcasm ^_^

EDIT: Oh and while Im at it, Im calling Hoenn starter Mevos all around, with a tasty Johto starter Mevo thrown in as a treat ala Blaziken (Mega Gatr FTW).

The only question I have now is Why was there no Pokmon Direct or any 'Special' announcement !?!? This was a completely Surprising and Boaring Announcement to be honest. No Game play ? Nothing !?! Just box arts ... Well can't wait til CoroCoro leaks in 3-5 days or Pokemon Smash on Saturday!

Mortal_Zachary said:
The only question I have now is Why was there no Pokmon Direct or any 'Special' announcement !?!? This was a completely Surprising and Boaring Announcement to be honest. No Game play ? Nothing !?! Just box arts ... Well can't wait til CoroCoro leaks in 3-5 days or Pokemon Smash on Saturday!

I think it's more suspenseful than boring. I mean, it just came out of the blue! Perhaps they wanted to build up excitement and make themselves look epic in the process. I, for one, love speculating then looking back later and laughing at myself for being such a clueless idiot.

Edit: But I still hope for more Megas! Please, Mega Typhlosion, I need you ~ !

Mortal_Zachary said:

I wish I could like this. It really seems like a random announcement.

NaturallyDark said:
Whitefire said:

imagejpg1_zpsd13d9333.jpg

I actually pulled out my old copy of Ruby to get that screenshot. It's been a while. ^_^

Eeee yes awesome thank you <3

It would be neat to talk with our pokemon, but it would also be all kinds of weird. Would they speak in text? Or would they get voice actors [like pikachu][only when using the thing to talk with them id pray]?

I feel it is my duty as a Pokémon fan to purchase a 3DS now. This news is beautiful in the midst of finals week.

Back