Nintendo Power is closing forever.

Has anyone found it difficult to find the magazine on stands now? I've checked a couple of Wal-Marts and a few grocery stores and there is no Nintendo Power issue anymore. It stinks cause I really want this months issue since they have a great cover. I'm hoping the bookstore still carries it around.

Check Barnes 'N Noble if you have them in your area. They had about four copies of the latest issue in ours. I'm gonna' just buy one of them for the rest of the magazine's run so I can have the Subscribe Edition and Regular for it's last run.

Just now that this thread had activity until about 3 weeks ago. Anyway Yes it will be hard to find issues since next month is the final issue. If the store did not buy the issue(s) in advance they will not have it now. I did not know it was under contract because when they switched to the new company the did not indicate any contract was in place for only 5 years. Too bad now it will only be on the Wii U which mens I am screwed because I don't have $300.00 to blow on that system XD. Plus I am going to miss all the extras that they had now and then. Also if you signed up for only 1 year last year you will get the rest for free because you can't continue any subscriptions at all so of it goes over 12 issues you should get the remaining issues free XD.:)

What a shame. My cousins have Nintendo Powers entire collection. It's cool because they have them all lined up in their basement, and the bindings line up and make images of like Link, and Mario. Nintendo Power left a legacy in the gaming literature world. It will be missed, and I will continue to read old editions. :)

They have every single issue?

Have them cherish that collection - even if they lose their interest in it. As it will be worth quite a bit come a year from now.

I'm all super excited for Christmas and stuff, but then I remember this every time I go into our room since the latest issues are on my shelf. It's like, the worst Christmas present possible. :(

Wow, what a homage cover for the final issue.

I can safely say manly tears were shed.

dmaster out.

When I read the letter I was quite upset. I've only been subscribing for the past couple of years since I got a Wii but, I'm not happy to see the magazine go.

Anyone familiar with former Editor in Chief Chris Slate? I thought it was great that he was a part of the magazine when I first picked it up.
Before this, I was a loyal subscriber over the ENTIRE lifespan of the PSM 100% Independent PlayStation Magazine (anyone remember that?) and, Chris Slate was the EIC of that magazine as well.

I noticed that he suddenly disappeared and was replaced by Steve Thomason a few issues ago. Does anyone know anything of this??

Ty_Sylicus said:
When I read the letter I was quite upset. I've only been subscribing for the past couple of years since I got a Wii but, I'm not happy to see the magazine go.

Anyone familiar with former Editor in Chief Chris Slate? I thought it was great that he was a part of the magazine when I first picked it up.
Before this, I was a loyal subscriber over the ENTIRE lifespan of the PSM 100% Independent PlayStation Magazine (anyone remember that?) and, Chris Slate was the EIC of that magazine as well.

I noticed that he suddenly disappeared and was replaced by Steve Thomason a few issues ago. Does anyone know anything of this??

Chris Slate dropped off from doing Pulse letters a while ago, so when it was virtually announced that the magazine was ending, I suppose Future put Slate on other stuff and let Thomason (who's been there longer than Slate) close it with the experience he's garnered over the years.

I just got the last issue last night. It's still packaged and I haven't opened it yet... I hope this one is really good. I like how they did a throw-back with the cover.
(Y-Y) We will miss you NP!

Back