Nintendo Power is closing forever.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yes sad to say but after the 2012 issue for December the magazine will come to a close. The magazine was one of the longest running magazines out there. I have been a long time subscriber since 1990 off and on. Sadly there are onl 2 issues left and it has been around the last 24 years and I hope they will do it sometime again in the future. As of now the news will be on the new Wii U and online.

I loved this magazine because it had the best stuff and cheat codes straight from the pros. Every subscriber should be getting a letter stating this information with this months issue XD.:)

The news broke about three weeks ago online so you're a little late on that, but yeah, this is the first time they sent something to the subscribers.

I'm disappointed that they're not publishing it anymore. I really liked the magazine but I sincerely doubt they will ever make it again.

dmaster out.

Hm, I've been subscribed to Nintendo Power since I think 2006, but honestly I haven't really enjoyed it since it was taken over by that other publishing company. I guess I won't miss it that bad since I only do PC gaming these days, Still, I thought the writers were all likable, genuinely funny guys, and I feel for them for being out of a job.

It is a shame though, I think I still have every issue of Nintendo Power I received from my subscription, and I'll always remember when the magazine was at its best.

I've always really enjoyed Nintendo Power as I've been reading it since like the late nineties...oh well. I was incredibly sad when the news broke but I'm starting to come to terms with it.

still sucks though

Zenith said:
I've always really enjoyed Nintendo Power as I've been reading it since like the late nineties...oh well. I was incredibly sad when the news broke but I'm starting to come to terms with it.

still sucks though

I can't say it any better. I'll always have hope for a Wii U/3DS e-magazine version, but stuff won't happen.

Chris Sheppard, all the way.

Yea this was pretty sad news. I loved buying issues of Nintendo Power from the grocery store. I sort of lost interest in the magazine though once they slightly stopped some of their classic sections that were filled with humor. It's been so long I don't even remember what sections they were! But I'll be getting the final issue for sure. Not only that but I believe next months issue has Rayman on the cover, yay! I always liked how they gave Rayman the cover and his own posters every now and then.

As an avid collector of video game magazines this is really sad news, I remember reading about this on Yahoo! before this thread broke out. The video game magazine industry hasn't been doing so well for several years now, I see a few issues of EGM and Game Pro here and there but If you want to read video game magazines nowadays you'll need to go to your local Barnes & Noble instead of a grocery store or a small retail outlet. I even remember getting video game magazines at book stores that went out of business years ago.

I also remember collecting old video game magazines from the early 90's like Game Informer, Game Players, and one of my favorites being Game Fan which also had a section for Anime series like Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon. I don't have every issue there is of each of them but they've always been a good read and it certainly beat having to go through video game websites off your iPhone or tablet IMO. It's an experience you just can't beat, nowadays technology controls almost every aspect of our lives and sometimes I miss the simple things of the good old days.

Old news is old. It's a shame, I kind of liked those guys, but with the Internet allowing us to get instant information for free, there's really no place for a print magazine, sadly.

You could also say the same thing about the newspaper industry which has been struggling as much as print magazines have these days. Why would I want to spend $300+ on a tablet like the iPad or Amazon Kindle that allows me to read something that I could spend only 75 cents to $10 on a days basis for?

I remember when they had the best mapping coverage and sometimes we got free Pokemon TCG promos. Now that this magazine will no longer exist this means the value of these promos we got will skyrocket since they are from a non existent magazine now. The magazine no longer exists so save these promos if you still have them. I remember getting the Ho-oh and Rapidash from one of the Legend of Zelda magazines. I think it was Ocana of Time but can't remember. Anyway it was for N64 and those promos were in it. I can't remember which issue the Mewtwo was in but I think it was the Pokemon Snap one but can't remember for sure. Same goes for Sabrina's Abra and Holo Dark Persian XD.:)

That's so sad... :( It was the only magazine I ever bother to read from cover to cover.
I will miss you dearly NP ):

Not only that but they always had the best promotions besides the Pokemon Promo cards. They had Pokemon posters playmats other types of cards cheat codes until future inc took over and was mostly just news etc. The systems were always covered and if you needed help with something you could call them and that is what they used to help you if you were stuck in a hard spot like a boss or something XD.:)

Not only does Nintendo Power close, Nintendo Gamer released its last issue (ever) this month too. The only Nintendo Magazine that was imported to Finland.

Emperor_Gaius said:
When did this other company take over? I've read off and on and subbed from 98 to like 2006

December, 2007. Obviously, it was a 5 year contract.

Emperor_Gaius said:
I'm sorry I didn't know how long the contract was. thanks for the info

Oh, no, I didn't mean that towards you. I meant that, since it started 5 years ago, and since it's ending 5 years later, it was a 5 year deal.

Oh now I get it, misread the punctuation sorry. Slightly off topic but still NP related. I found a fair/good copy of issue #3 at my local goodwill a few years back. I put it in one of those comic protector sleeves.

Back