ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Blob55 said:
98Greener said:
I expect Mega Regi's, all with +100 boost to their respective defenses.

Mega Regigias must also have Speed Boost, with the moss having being burned away to reveal the hidden rockets on its legs.

It has a rocket? IS it related to Golurk?

I wasn't aware of rockets on Regigigas, but Golurk was made by people and Regigigas was not. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if the ancient people that created Golurk based his design off of Regigigas.

As for Regigigas getting a speed boost, I highly doubt it. I also highly doubt he will get any mega just because of what he is (although a Primal form is not out of the question).

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Keeper of Night said:
Blob55 said:
It has a rocket? IS it related to Golurk?

I wasn't aware of rockets on Regigigas, but Golurk was made by people and Regigigas was not. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if the ancient people that created Golurk based his design off of Regigigas.

Just when I think of a golem with a rocket, I think of Golurk.

Delibird.

Yes, you read it right. I didn't mispelled it. In fact, it's my least favorite Pokemon. However, that had nothing to do with it. Delibird is the most forgettable Pokemon. It looks stupid. Stats are stupid. Abilities aren't that grand. Maybe (just maybe) a mega evolution will make it much better. Then it wouldn't be #1 forgettable Pokemon.

Y'all want to give Delibird a chance?

Speaking of Regigigas... Primal or Mega Regigigas that switches Slow Start with Huge Power... Just imagine that... muahahaha...

Megas I like to see:

Rapidash - a pegasus of course with preferebly fire/fairy typing rather than flying. Ability could be regenerator or magic guard.
Seviper - Dark/poison (dragon is to OU with megas xD)
Pideot - need a real bird-mega! Gale wings would be cool as long as its attack is not too high.
Luxray - Electric/dark

Otherwise I expect we might get some mega with the abilitys strong jaw, refrigate and sheer force. Seems like many megas have abilitys that boost their attacks in some way to make up for the lack of items and strong jaw and refrigate are very rare abilitys too. Would love to see a dark-type with strong jaw so it could use a 180 BP (STAB included) crunch! :D

Also it would be very cool with a Mega that had intimidate both in the base form and mega form so it could basically use a double intimidate :O

We should get a Mega Regigigas that is Normal/Flying. It would gain a massive boost in speed and gain the ability Aerialate or Clear Body.
Sky Form Regigigas for the win!

This would also make sense as how would a massive beast such as Regigigas move from one region (Hoenn) to another (Sinnoh) without being able to fly?

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Videoland said:
Also it would be very cool with a Mega that had intimidate both in the base form and mega form so it could basically use a double intimidate :O

I'd actually be quite interested to see how that turns out.

Considering the Mega that has an ability that takes effect immediately in battle (Charizard Y) takes effect right after Mega Evolution, it makes sense.

But since the Intimidate ability would've already happened when the vanilla Pokemon had been sent into battle... that might mean that the Mega's Intimidate doesn't work immediately after Mega Evolving.

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see both Mega Glalie and Vileplume.
Considering what everyones been saying about the first evolutions of Pokemon who later got split evolutions getting Megas (Slowbro, Gardevoir) then it follows that we'll see them for Glalie and Vileplume.

its also kinda obvious what stats Glalie would get as well xD
since it has 80 across the board, then it follows it should just get 80/100/100/100/100/100... this would be decent for it.
(although the only types that I can see added to Glalie would be a total hindrance... those being Dark and Rock)

Reggie McGigas said:
We should get a Mega Regigigas that is Normal/Flying. It would gain a massive boost in speed and gain the ability Aerialate or Clear Body.

This would also make sense as how would a massive beast such as Regigigas move from one region (Hoenn) to another (Sinnoh) without being able to fly?

ngl, Aerilate Regigigas sounds scary.

regular attacks coming off a base 160 attack stat is bad enough - factoring in Aerilate and its attack stat potentially being raised even further?
Plus a huge boost in speed... I'm assuming around base 140?

That sounds like one of the most terrifying things they could do with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again MEGA LUDICOLO, they gave me 2 of my other favorite pokemon (Gengar and Ampharos) in X&Y so I'm crossing my fingers for this one. He's solid with Swift Swim and Politoed already but imagine the power boost he'd get from a mega form. Not to mention he'd look awesome, probably have sombreros for arms or something lol.

His Goominess said:
Videoland said:

Considering the Mega that has an ability that takes effect immediately in battle (Charizard Y) takes effect right after Mega Evolution, it makes sense.

But since the Intimidate ability would've already happened when the vanilla Pokemon had been sent into battle... that might mean that the Mega's Intimidate doesn't work immediately after Mega Evolving.

Considering what everyones been saying about the first evolutions of Pokemon who later got split evolutions getting Megas (Slowbro, Gardevoir) then it follows that we'll see them for Glalie and Vileplume.

since it has 80 across the board, then it follows it should just get 80/100/100/100/100/100... this would be decent for it.
(although the only types that I can see added to Glalie would be a total hindrance... those being Dark and Rock)

Reggie McGigas said:

regular attacks coming off a base 160 attack stat is bad enough - factoring in Aerilate and its attack stat potentially being raised even further?

Dont left out the Poli twins and Ninja Duo

Mega Poliwrath & Mega Ninjask

(Although having a Mega Shedinja is more fun but i dont think the hollowed shell should be ruin)

Mega Poliwrath should be more buffed since his fighting and this also will signify that although not changing into a frog he still can be stronger

on Mega Ninjask, he surely need a Speed & attack boost. He will be the fast killer

I would love to see a Mega Flygon and with the ability of Sand Rush / Sand Veil.

Also, Mega Skarmory pls.

GM DracLord said:
His Goominess said:

Dont left out the Poli twins and Ninja Duo

Mega Poliwrath & Mega Ninjask

(Although having a Mega Shedinja is more fun but i dont think the hollowed shell should be ruin)

Mega Poliwrath should be more buffed since his fighting and this also will signify that although not changing into a frog he still can be stronger

on Mega Ninjask, he surely need a Speed & attack boost. He will be the fast killer

I did forget Poliwrath, you're right.

However, I think you're kinda missing the point with Ninjask.
Since the ones that I was talking about were all once single stage evolutions which in later generations got a split evolution, then Ninjask doesn't quite fit as it has always been part of a split line.
(not that I wouldn't want to see a Mega Ninjask, or Shedinja for that matter xD)

Also, with the new trailer showing Groudon/Kyogres Primal Reversions activating out of battle which I presume is triggered by Maxie/Archie, it looks like they'll be faced in the wild again (as opposed to the thought I had which was that Archie/Maxie would use them in battle).
Maxie and Archie still have Key Stones. (and I'm having weird thoughts that we get a new key stone esque item specifically for Primal Reversion as opposed to it being a regular key stone)
More evidence for Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo?
(also, I also think they may not reveal M Camerupt/Sharpedo until the games are released, so theres a surprise factor in the final battle with Archie/Maxie as opposed to everyone knowing about it beforehand)

I'm still holding out hope for a Mega Flygon. I'd be fine with it staying Ground/Dragon, but it would be interesting to throw Bug into the mix. Bug/Dragon would be a unique combination, and Ground/Bug has only been used once (and Nincada loses the Ground typing upon evolution).

Other than that, I'm fairly confident we're going to get Mega Ludicolo and a Mega Shiftry. We haven't had any version-exclusive Megas released yet, and these two just make the most sense.

Kitana Coldfire said:
I'm still holding out hope for a Mega Flygon. I'd be fine with it staying Ground/Dragon, but it would be interesting to throw Bug into the mix. Bug/Dragon would be a unique combination, and Ground/Bug has only been used once (and Nincada loses the Ground typing upon evolution).

Other than that, I'm fairly confident we're going to get Mega Ludicolo and a Mega Shiftry. We haven't had any version-exclusive Megas released yet, and these two just make the most sense.

I'd prefer my bro Kingdra to go Mega (although everyone would be using it then <_<), if we really did need another Dragon type going Mega....but honestly, like half of the new megas revealed so far are Dragon types (5 of 12 including Latis), and we've already had 3 Dragon megas in XY..which makes it 8 out of 40.

Ice has 1, and it's not even primary Ice.
Poison, Electric and Ground all only 2 each.

Of course gamefreak might not give a damn about the numbers and rather just do ones they feel relevant or have design ideas for, but Ice cannot possible remain this neglected.
Glalie and Walrein are both very likely choices - and not because they're gen 3, it's that gen1/2/4 had almost no primary ice types - as Glalie fits the "let's evolve the initial final stage while ignoring the more recent split-evo"-thing they seem to have going (Gardevoir, Slowbro), and Walrein for being the sea-land-themes equivalent to Aggron who already has a mega.

But at the same time... Hoenn in general is now the gen with the most megas already.
So if we're getting any more whatsoever, they better be Unova, and then maybe more Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh.
Vanilluxe comes to mind.

Omg. This should be epic D:

I just hope they make it ridiculously broken somehow (an impossible feat given Ice-types awfulness and Vanilluxes hybrid stats?).

Seven is a Color said:
What's the difference between a mega stone and a key stone, or they the same thing?

The Key Stone is what the trainer has on their accessory (bracelet, bangle, necklace etc), which you need to be able to utilise Mega Evolution.

The Mega Stone is what the Pokemon has to hold to Mega Evolve.

(both are needed to be able to Mega Evolve)

I'm starting to get over the fact that they aren't very evenly distributing megas through the generations. It used to really bother me, but now I'm starting to realize its a little bit of a ridiculous expectation. I wouldn't mind seeing some more for the gens with less, like two and five, but I no longer expect them to be even or really close. I mean, I don't really even like any gen five Pokemon.

Johto starters would make me super happy! I was thinking today I'd love to see mega meganium stay pure grass and get a new ability that automatically puts up a free reflect or light screen based on if the opponent had higher attack or special attack. It would only activate when switching in (as long as there wasn't already a light screen or reflect in play) and could help the team if you switch out.

I don't think it would be too broken of an ability with meganium getting a stat boost either, cause she'd still have her grass typing and couldn't hold a light clay or leftovers or big root or anything. I imagine her stats would go mostly in special attack and defenses with a small boost to attack. She'd be a stall beast that could take a hit, but could still be defeated by some of the common attacking types like fire and ice.

Aerodactyl said:
I'm starting to get over the fact that they aren't very evenly distributing megas through the generations. It used to really bother me, but now I'm starting to realize its a little bit of a ridiculous expectation. I wouldn't mind seeing some more for the gens with less, like two and five, but I no longer expect them to be even or really close. I mean, I don't really even like any gen five Pokemon.

Johto starters would make me super happy! I was thinking today I'd love to see mega meganium stay pure grass and get a new ability that automatically puts up a free reflect or light screen based on if the opponent had higher attack or special attack. It would only activate when switching in (as long as there wasn't already a light screen or reflect in play) and could help the team if you switch out.

I don't think it would be too broken of an ability with meganium getting a stat boost either, cause she'd still have her grass typing and couldn't hold a light clay or leftovers or big root or anything. I imagine her stats would go mostly in special attack and defenses with a small boost to attack. She'd be a stall beast that could take a hit, but could still be defeated by some of the common attacking types like fire and ice.

The thing with fancy megas though is that they don't seem to like adding new abilities in ORAS (I mean all new megas we saw so far are using the same old toys like Aerialite/Pixilate and Magic Bounce... or heck Lightningrod, Swift Swim and Shell Armor, LOL). I think we would have seen at least a new Pixilate-variation or soemthing at least by now, if they felt like doing this.

Mitja said:
Aerodactyl said:

The thing with fancy megas though is that they don't seem to like adding new abilities in ORAS (I mean all new megas we saw so far are using the same old toys like Aerialite/Pixilate and Magic Bounce... or heck Lightningrod, Swift Swim and Shell Armor, LOL). I think we would have seen at least a new Pixilate-variation or soemthing at least by now, if they felt like doing this.

I see what you mean about the abilities, although there is one thing about the Pixilate-variations that might discourage them from doing it. (well, on like 2 Pokemon anyway)
It wouldn't make sense for Lopunny or Audino (Audino wouldn't get a new ability but the same logic still applies) to, upon Mega Evolution, suddenly not be able to actually use their Normal type STAB.
But Sceptile could easily have used a Dragonify or something... hell, it learns plenty of Normal moves via TM, yet in X/Y it can only get Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw, with the former being an egg move and the latter a TM. (I'm expecting that, ala Ampharos, Dragon Pulse is added to its level up moves so it has a decent Dragon STAB)

However, there are 2 things that I believe are the most likely candidates for new abilities: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.
(or rather, upgraded versions of Drought/Drizzle)
I think that now they have badass forms and are the gods of the weather, they'll reinforce that by giving them better sun/rain, especially since Drought/Drizzle are on a few regular Pokemon.
(although I can't help but have a sinking feeling that they'll just have perma weather abilities, when they could have something creative instead)

also, one thing that's definitely worth noting about Primal K/G:
On their page on the ORAS site, it says something along the lines of 'it appears that [Primal Groudon's] ability might get boosted'. This seems like a direct confirmation, no?
It also mentions to look forward to more details about Primal K's ability.

(unless they're just pulling a Zorua-evolution-method on us again)

I'm pretty sure that Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camperupt are already "confirmed". But a question that slurs is what will there designs be? Btw it's mega Camperupt and mega Sharpedo because on Maxie's glasses he has three circles. Archie's face has a star I don't know if you noticed but I think it's obvious that it should be "confirmed!"

His Goominess said:
Mitja said:

I see what you mean about the abilities, although there is one thing about the Pixilate-variations that might discourage them from doing it. (well, on like 2 Pokemon anyway)
It wouldn't make sense for Lopunny or Audino (Audino wouldn't get a new ability but the same logic still applies) to, upon Mega Evolution, suddenly not be able to actually use their Normal type STAB.
But Sceptile could easily have used a Dragonify or something... hell, it learns plenty of Normal moves via TM, yet in X/Y it can only get Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw, with the former being an egg move and the latter a TM. (I'm expecting that, ala Ampharos, Dragon Pulse is added to its level up moves so it has a decent Dragon STAB)

However, there are 2 things that I believe are the most likely candidates for new abilities: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.
(or rather, upgraded versions of Drought/Drizzle)
I think that now they have badass forms and are the gods of the weather, they'll reinforce that by giving them better sun/rain, especially since Drought/Drizzle are on a few regular Pokemon.
(although I can't help but have a sinking feeling that they'll just have perma weather abilities, when they could have something creative instead)

also, one thing that's definitely worth noting about Primal K/G:
On their page on the ORAS site, it says something along the lines of 'it appears that [Primal Groudon's] ability might get boosted'. This seems like a direct confirmation, no?
It also mentions to look forward to more details about Primal K's ability.

(unless they're just pulling a Zorua-evolution-method on us again)

Well sure, the mascots might be getting new abilities. I'm not saying they cannot add new ones for connectivity or consistency or anything, of course they could. They're adding megas mid-gen already anyway. But they don't seem to want to use new abilities for Megas. They invented Pixilate and Aerialite, and they already used them both a second time, you'd think any other type would have been at least as likely to show up on new megas. It wasn't just about these specific kind of abilities either, as the other megas all got known abilities, even quite mediocre ones..

in other words
-not a single new ability on a mega
-but already repeat both type-enchancing abilities we've seen already
=odd

Back