ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Well then, with "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" being announced earlier today, I thought it would be a good time to create a thread for the inevitable: Everyone's hopes and expectations for potentially new (Mega) Pokémon in these games. It does mention that it takes place in a "spectacular new world". What are your thoughts on the subject?

Make sure to elaborate in yours posts by giving reasons and/or descriptions (statistics, design, abilities, etc.) of the potential (Mega) Pokémon to avoid spam!

I, personally want Mega Evolutions of Swellow and Gallade. Swellow because I feel it really needs a boost to some of its stats, and I can see potential, but I feel like Gallade needs one. You could get something good out of that design. Mega Glaile would be cool too.

BW4ORAS

[smod]Drohn[/smod]: Stay on topic! This thread is for your hopes and expectations; confirmed Mega Pokémon can be discussed here. You can create new threads for potential Mega Pokémon based on new information, rumours, potential leaks, etc. Simply listing Pokémon names is considered spam. Be sure to elaborate and explain! You can share possible stats, abilities, design options, types, etc.

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Since my favourite Pokémon, Charizard, already has two Mega Evolutions, I would love for my second favourite Pokémon, Sceptile, to receive one as well. I would like it if it became a Grass/Ground or Grass/Flying type. Perhaps the bulbs on its back can grow into wings or other cool things.

Like spikes.

BW4ORAS

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Drohn said:
Since my favourite Pokémon, Charizard, already has two Mega Evolutions, I would love for my second favourite Pokémon, Sceptile, to receive one as well. I would like it if it became a Grass/Ground or Grass/Flying type. Perhaps the bulbs on its back can grow into wings or other cool things.

Like spikes.

BW4ORAS

Grass/Flying, Grass/Dark or the infamous much asked Grass/Dragon are my bets. Grass/Fighting not so much, but it can still work. Drohn's reasoning for a Flying sub-type works greatly and we do need a great Grass/Flying type these days and it might fit for countering Mega Blaziken. Only one is Tropius and Jumpluff so far, unless I missed a few others of the type combo. My preferred choice would either be Grass/Dark, or Grass/Dragon, due to the wings growing as Drohn stated earilier, and Dark, because Sceptile is like a assassin jumping from tree to tree.

Mega Glalie would be cool, I can definitely see Ice/Dark if they go that route (to kind of go with Froslass's Ghost typing).
I doubt we'll see it, but I'd also like Mega Cacturne. I could see his spikes raising to give him a more menacing appearance.
BW4ORAS

Yes! I'm so happy with the new games coming out in November. I hope that Flygon get a mega evolution and his type will change in Dragon/Flying with the abillity Gale wing! I think that Sableye,Milotic,Shiftry and Ludicolo will get one for sure IF their comes new mega evolutions x) (sorry for my horrible English)

Maybe you can be a coordinator again and joined the contest! :D

I just have the strangest feeling that we may be getting some more new Pokemon. We are still in Gen VI...

For Mega Evolutions, I hope that the other Hoenn starters get them, but also some of the Gen V Pokemon too.

I'm hoping to see new Pokemon and a Mega Metagross would just make my year. I'm also hoping some of the riddles in XY will either be expanded or answered but I'm guessing we'll have to wait for Z for that to happen. Would be nice though.

I do feel like they'll pull a G/S with a Region nearby to Hoenn, so that we can get new Pokémon and explore new places! I do think the Strange Souvenier has something to do with these games, though... maybe it was just a hint at this?

I'm hoping that they reinstate having your pokemon walk with you. I loved that.

Hegafire said:
I'm hoping that they reinstate having your pokemon walk with you. I loved that.

Oh god, this. The walking was one of my favourite parts of HGSS, it added that bit of depth and I'd love to see it in 3D!

Keep posts in this forum on-topic about new Pokémon. Other topics can be discussed in their own thread. Feel free to create a new thread if there is not one for what you would like to share!

We need a Mega Skarmory! It could have a jetpack and blades for wings.

We also need Gen 5 mega evolutions. The fact that there is none ATM is pretty lazy.

Also, Mega Groundon/Kyogre are OK. They fall in a category that Mega Venasaur and Mega Ampharos belong in: Megas that look exactly like their main forms.

I don't feel like Mega Latias/Latios would exist in XY's coding if we were going to be getting other new Mega Pokemon in the next games.

I'm definitely jumping aboard the Mega Metagross train, with the debuffs to Steel this Gen Metagross is in desperate need of some feature to make it worthwhile using.

If Kyogre is getting a Mega then that will be insane. Specs Water Spout destroys everything as it is, obviously the Mega would gain increased stats so it would basically be Specs damage with the ability to switch moves. That's scary.

I'd like to see some Megas for Flygon, Salamence, Swampert, Milotic and Breloom. Purely because I think they would be cool and I want to see the power each of them would gain.

Mega Breloom.

(Remember, all mega Pokemon get +100 to all of their stats, unless an amount is subtracted from one than added to another)
Stats:
Hp - 60
Atk - 150 (+20)
Def - 90 (+10)
SpAtk - 60
SpDef - 90 (+30)
Spe - 110 (+40)

Ability: Technician or maybe something completely different.

I'd love it if Breloom could get a Mega Evo because not only would he make an amazing Mega, but then he'd finally have a EX card in the TCG! (Assuming by then they still have EX's in the format). That poor mushroom dinosaur needs some love, and getting a Mega Evo would do the trick.

You know, there are a lot of Mega Pokemon in Hoenn already... I don't think we'll be getting any more.

Although this explains where Mega Latios and Mega Latias come from.

DevinTheWelf said:
That poor mushroom dinosaur needs some love, and getting a Mega Evo would do the trick.

.3. Well Breloom gets a lot of love as it is. SubPunch with Spore is really really strong.

ANYWAYS, since the Groudon and Kyogre on the box look different from the regular sprites, I'm gonna guess that they will get a Mega. But I'd really like to see a Mega Tropius. It's such a peculiar Pokemon and I really want to see it get use through a Mega.

PMJ said:
You know, there are a lot of Mega Pokemon in Hoenn already... I don't think we'll be getting any more.

Although this explains where Mega Latios and Mega Latias come from.

You may be right. But then again, who knows? Perhaps they will add more mega evolutions for Hoenn Pokemon, or they add more mega evolutions to non-Hoenn Pokemon later in the game.

*shrugs*

Gallade could be SO amazing:

Mega Gallade
Stats:
HP - 68
Attack - 165 (+40)
Defense - 70 (+5)
Sp. Atk. - 70 (+5)
Sp. Def. - 145 (+30)
Speed - 100 (+20)
Ability: Adaptability or Huge Power(ideal)/Super Luck(lol, with Psycho Cut. XD)/Battle Armor(sounds funny)
Either ability would be perfect. *.*

Mega Torkoal. Please. He's really the only gen 3 Pokemon I like. He could look lke a steam train.

Back