ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Love where you're going with this his goominess! Especially a psychic/ghost Pokemon.

Maybe we should start looking at megas backwards... I'd like to see new type combinations! We should put down some fun combinations and then think of megas to match. I'd love...

A Poison/fire type! It would be the fairy killer!
Something crazy like fire/electric or electric/ice
Bug/psychic...would be good for all the butterfree and vivillion types.
Dark/fairy, that's new!
Normal/ghost: so much normal stab and so little normal weakness.

Funny, someone mentioned Mega Shuckle...
I was just today imagining how a Mega Shuckle would be... Is there a way they could improve it with a Mega Evo?
See, in terms of stats, if they decided to keep it as a defensive pokémon, they could only add 25 points to each of its defensive stats, which equals 50... the other 50 would not be able to be added to the HP, and since its offenses are so low, that leaves Speed... which is also low as f... Not much of an improvement to me...
Then, they could go the opposite route, reduce its defenses and increase the offensive stats, but I'm not sure how that would translate into its design...
The other option I thought, and maybe the better one, would be increasing only one of its offensive stats, giving all the 100 points of Mega evolution to either Attack or Sp. Atk, so it could be some sort of tank...

I still have no idea how its design could be though...

Shuckle is pretty tricky... You don't gain as much bulk as you might think by investing into defenses, especially as it loses out on the Leftovers recovery. And you can't invest in HP.

I can see its stats being reorganised so it has a respectable Attack, and adding Superpower to its movepool for a Contrary tank. Rest/Sleep Talk/Superpower/Rock Slide would become really hard to break.

It would be nice if Ambipom gets a Mega. So it would be a Fighting type or a Fairy type with Pixilite or " Punchylite " so the Normal attacks changed in Fi ghting or Fairy type

I will be very upset if Mega Slowbro's Speed doesn't go down. It can't be fast just hopping around on a tail.

As a fan of Vileplume since I played Red/Blue in 1998, I'm somewhat insulted that Audino - a Pokemon which they actually tell you to go battle in the Black/White guide for XP points, not catch and use in battle - gets a MegaEvolution when Vileplume - still, IMO, the Queen of the Grass Types - doesn't. Which made me stop and think - other than Venusaur (who even as a grass fan I never rated), are there any Grass Mega Evolutions?

I'm seeing/hearing of some pretty obscure ones - but it seems like grass is being ignored...which seems to happen way too much for my liking :'(

It's time for Vileplumite!

On another note, the thing I really want from a new Pokemon game is the possibility of generating new pokemon simply through breeding. Instead of automatically being the breed of the mother, what if some pokemon were hybrid types that could only be bred by mixing two particular pokemon? In that way you could maybe marry up two very conflicting types into one pokemon hybrid, and that would open up all kinds of tactical and move-related options as well.

I think that would have been cooler than MegaEvolution...and still hope for it since breeding Pokemon has been in the game since Gen 2, I think...about time we had a bit more DNA manipulation. And I suppose then you could, potentially, have a MegaEvolved hybrid option...though that might just send the computer into spasms.

I'm sure cross-bred Pokemon are eventually gonna happen, might even introduce tri-typed Pokemon at the same time. However, I think that's gonna be like, generation 13, when we have liks 22 types and over 1000 Pokemon.

As for grass types, I don't think there are that many. They have aAbomasnow, Venusaur and now sceptile. I think vileplume is a good candidate (nuptup...destroyer of worlds....)

There are few types that need more representation. Normal type has gotten a boost so far, but Ice desperatly needs some options. There are only two ground, and they're both the sub-type. We need some primary ground type and even a primary poison type.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

vraieesprit said:
As a fan of Vileplume since I played Red/Blue in 1998, I'm somewhat insulted that Audino - a Pokemon which they actually tell you to go battle in the Black/White guide for XP points, not catch and use in battle - gets a MegaEvolution when Vileplume - still, IMO, the Queen of the Grass Types - doesn't. Which made me stop and think - other than Venusaur (who even as a grass fan I never rated), are there any Grass Mega Evolutions?

I'm seeing/hearing of some pretty obscure ones - but it seems like grass is being ignored...which seems to happen way too much for my liking :'(

It's time for Vileplumite!

On another note, the thing I really want from a new Pokemon game is the possibility of generating new pokemon simply through breeding. Instead of automatically being the breed of the mother, what if some pokemon were hybrid types that could only be bred by mixing two particular pokemon? In that way you could maybe marry up two very conflicting types into one pokemon hybrid, and that would open up all kinds of tactical and move-related options as well.

I think that would have been cooler than MegaEvolution...and still hope for it since breeding Pokemon has been in the game since Gen 2, I think...about time we had a bit more DNA manipulation. And I suppose then you could, potentially, have a MegaEvolved hybrid option...though that might just send the computer into spasms.

Actually, there's Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile.

So far, the only type with just one Mega Evolution, including the unreleased Megas for ORAS, is Ice.

Psychic: 9
Dragon: 8
Fighting: 6
Dark: 5
Steel: 5
Fairy: 5
Water: 4
Flying: 4
Grass: 3
Fire: 3
Ghost: 3
Normal: 3
Bug: 3
Rock: 3
Poison: 2
Electric: 2
Ground: 2
Ice: 1

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

vraieesprit said:

Well there is Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile, but I agree with you Vileplume should have a Mega evolution. I think they could make the flower even bigger and more impressive than it already is! :D

We need Mega Froslass and Glalie, as well as Mega Flygon for a base Ground type. Plus Mega Swellow or any Mega regular Flying Bird (Altaria lost its flying type) would also be good.

Blob55 said:
We need Mega Froslass and Glalie, as well as Mega Flygon for a base Ground type. Plus Mega Swellow or any Mega regular Flying Bird (Altaria lost its flying type) would also be good.

I think Mega Pidgeot would be the best candidate for this, seeing as it is the weakest of the regional birds.

However... if one gets one then all the fanboys will all demand that all the others get one xD

One rather random Mega I want to see is Mega Liepard.
It's in dire need of a boost (its attack stats are seriously lackluster and its defenses are even worse) and I can see a Mega for it a lot more than a regular evolution.
Give it Prankster, some boosted attack stats and it would benefit it.
Add Topsy-Turvy to its movepool and that could be interesting as well xD

Mega Cacturne would be like the Cactus boxer Digimon :p I forgot his/her name.

His Goominess said:
Blob55 said:

I think Mega Pidgeot would be the best candidate for this, seeing as it is the weakest of the regional birds.

However... if one gets one then all the fanboys will all demand that all the others get one xD

Which is why Swellow should get one, as it's one of the only regional birds to not be part of a three-stage family.
I guess Pidgeot, Swellow and Noctowl could all get Megas. Noctowl changes to a Psychic/Flying type and Swellow to a pure Flying type.

JiJi-T said:
Mega Cacturne would be like the Cactus boxer Digimon :p I forgot his/her name.

Togemon.
However, Cacturne is already a Grass/Dark type, so I don't think it will lose either of those types to Fighting.
Maractus on the other hand...

steffenka said:
vraieesprit said:

Well there is Mega Abomasnow and Mega Sceptile, but I agree with you Vileplume should have a Mega evolution. I think they could make the flower even bigger and more impressive than it already is! :D
Hrm. I guess Sceptile counts, but I don't count Abomasnow as grass. Although I know Vileplume is dual type Grass/Poison, the kind of attacks she can learn complement one another, as do those two types - whereas grass and ice are completely different. So I don't really think of Abomasnow as a proper grass type.

I am very biased, but I think Mega Vileplume just has to happen at some point. Seriously, that evolutionary chain has had no love since Bellossom and that was four generations ago...

vraieesprit said:
Hrm. I guess Sceptile counts, but I don't count Abomasnow as grass. Although I know Vileplume is dual type Grass/Poison, the kind of attacks she can learn complement one another, as do those two types - whereas grass and ice are completely different. So I don't really think of Abomasnow as a proper grass type.

I am very biased, but I think Mega Vileplume just has to happen at some point. Seriously, that evolutionary chain has had no love since Bellossom and that was four generations ago...
I see where you're coming from as I feel the same way, but with primary and secondary types...so from my point-of-view, Abomasnow IS a proper Grass-type.

I completely agree with you about Vileplume getting a Mega. From Slowpoke and Gardevoir getting Mega Evolutions (and not Slowking and Gallade yet), it seems Gamefreak is looking for ways to buff the overlooked "standard" evolutions.

Well, I think they should have changed Bellossom to Grass/Fairy, to have a more counterpart feeling in relation with Vileplume. I never felt that Bellossom was more interesting than Vileplume even though it was a newer addition. I never liked that Gloom loses a type when evolving into Bellossom. In fact, when I was a kid, I didn't even know that Bellossom evolved from Gloom until I saw its Neo Genesis card...

btw, the hybrid Mega evolution would be similar to the Jogress evolution concept from Digimon...

also,
@Blob55: Just a correction, there are 3 Rock-type Megas...

Metalizard said:
btw, the hybrid Mega evolution would be similar to the Jogress evolution concept from Digimon...

also,
@Blob55: Just a correction, there are 3 Rock-type Megas...

Missed Aerodactyl...

I think Metagross looks like a fusion between all of its evolutionary forms.

CMP said:
I see where you're coming from as I feel the same way, but with primary and secondary types...so from my point-of-view, Abomasnow IS a proper Grass-type.

I completely agree with you about Vileplume getting a Mega. From Slowpoke and Gardevoir getting Mega Evolutions (and not Slowking and Gallade yet), it seems Gamefreak is looking for ways to buff the overlooked "standard" evolutions.
Except that Slowbro is the creme of OU despite being classified as UU and so is Gardevoir (real OU), with Gallade and Slowking not even near them... So... nope!

Teal said:
CMP said:

Except that Slowbro is the creme of OU despite being classified as UU and so is Gardevoir (real OU), with Gallade and Slowking not even near them... So... nope!
I'd hardly say Gamefreak cares about competitive tiers regarding Mega Evolution. So... nope!

I really don't think the branched evos will be getting Megas...or at least their chances are far lower than the likes of Vileplume, Poliwrath, Glalie, etc.

Back