ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

xayshade said:
Blob55 said:
Mega Altaria is now weak to Poison, Steel, Ice and Fairy. It loses its Ground immunity, but gains a Dragon one.
It also gains Electric and Dark resistance.

Mega Altaria is the only dual-typed Pokémon which has completely different types to its base form, Swablu.

So? Is that supposed to mean something?

Just a bit on info. D:

We'll never get a Mega Flying Bird. D: All of the MEga Birds are Blaziken, the Latis and Altaria.

Since we're going to Hoenn I was actually really hoping for a Mega Swellow too. First on my list of those that aren't announced yet is Flygon. After that it's Swellow.

Flygon is one of my favourite dragons and one I plan to use in ORAS. Swellow is my favourite bird Pokémon. It is strong in battles with Guts, but a Mega Swellow (perhaps also with Gale Wings) would be amazing!

Mega Altaria makes a lot of sense being Dragon/Fairy. Just because something is flying does not make it a flying type, see Mega Charizard X, Lati@s, Hydreigon, Flygon and maybe even Cresselia and Giratina-O. Also, a cloud is not flying per se is it? It's related to flying but not the sure-fire way to spot a flying type. Also, Altaria screams fairy to me, it 's pokedex entry mentions it singing beautifully and sounding very angelic. The kicker is the fact that it's likely based off of the Peng from chinese mythology.

Now that's all thematic but also Altaria is the only dragon to learn moonblast so that was also a good clue. I'd like to see a Mega Mighteyena be based off of a werewolf and be Dark/Fairy like what Absol should've been. It already gets Play Rough as an egg move so they could easily work that into level up like they've done before. I'd also love to see Delcatty, Lunatone, Chimecho or Jirachi become fairy if they get megas. Aside from them I don't really think any hoenn mons can just have fairy slapped on but we'll have to wait and see.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Aerodactyl said:
I actually think the fairy/dragon mega altaria makes a lot of sense. It does have a puffy cloud like design, but that design gives it a certain look of grace, elegance and serenity. It's one of the only Pokemon that I believe can pull off being a dragon and a fairy. Fairy is also another word or description for nymphs, and nymphs are creatures that tend to take on the elements, like clouds.
I can see altaria as a fairy. I think it makes a lot of sense actually. What I can't understand is where the dragon type came from for it. I didn't see it when it was first introduced and I don't see it for its mega form.

Jaime Runt said:
Aerodactyl said:
I actually think the fairy/dragon mega altaria makes a lot of sense. It does have a puffy cloud like design, but that design gives it a certain look of grace, elegance and serenity. It's one of the only Pokemon that I believe can pull off being a dragon and a fairy. Fairy is also another word or description for nymphs, and nymphs are creatures that tend to take on the elements, like clouds.
I can see altaria as a fairy. I think it makes a lot of sense actually. What I can't understand is where the dragon type came from for it. I didn't see it when it was first introduced and I don't see it for its mega form.

Altaria's inspiration, the peng - a Chinese legendary bird of enormous size - is frequently portrayed as having a Dragon's head. Thats like the only reason it ended up as a Dragon type.

His Goominess said:
Jaime Runt said:

Altaria's inspiration, the peng - a Chinese legendary bird of enormous size - is frequently portrayed as having a Dragon's head. Thats like the only reason it ended up as a Dragon type.

I thought it was inspired by the bluebird of happiness. Thanks for the clarification. In my opinion it still doesn't make much sense since it's missing the dragon head.

Metalizard said:
^And that's why I think it's a stupid excuse to give it the Dragon-type...

Agreed.
I think, had the Fairy type existed when Altaria was introduced, it would've ended up being Fairy/Flying.... but now its been established as a Dragon/Flying for 3 generations they can't really take out its Dragon type, and Mega Evolution is probably the first actual viable way they could give it the Fairy type.

Drohn said:
Flygon is one of my favourite dragons and one I plan to use in ORAS. Swellow is my favourite bird Pokémon. It is strong in battles with Guts, but a Mega Swellow (perhaps also with Gale Wings) would be amazing!

I think Mega Swellow should be a pure Flying type, with Aerilate. That way we can actually GET a Flying type Mega bird! I don't want ANOTHER bird to loose the flying typing and end up being Normal/Ground or something stupid.

Is it a possibility that the kalos starters will get megas? I also think we will get a torkoal, ludicolo, and shiftry mega.

I would love for the Kalos starters to get megas. Can you imagine it? I mean as a whole they are arguably the best group of starters since the originals. I mean yeah Delphox is the weak link in the chain but hey a mega could fix that right up. Right?

Stephen Williams said:
I would love for the Kalos starters to get megas. Can you imagine it? I mean as a whole they are arguably the best group of starters since the originals. I mean yeah Delphox is the weak link in the chain but hey a mega could fix that right up. Right?

I think that they'll introduce gen 6 megas in x2/y2/z/whatever as they didn't have them in x/y, so it gives them a new wow-factor.

I expect we'll see Mega starters, so they have a new toy to play with (as opposed to b2/w2 where they were just the same), although I can see them doing something similar to the originals in that there are another set of starters available which have Mega evolutions. (I'd imagine either the Sinnoh or Johto starters)

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Keeper of Night said:
Mega Glalie would be cool, I can definitely see Ice/Dark if they go that route (to kind of go with Froslass's Ghost typing).
I doubt we'll see it, but I'd also like Mega Cacturne. I could see his spikes raising to give him a more menacing appearance.
BW4ORAS

it would be awesome to see a Mega Cacturne. also, perhaps Mega Claydol or Mega Scarmory. i know they cant make a mega evolution for every pokemon, but it would be really cool to see those.

Since Mega Lopunny got confirmed, I think I'll go over more ideas, including the mons that CAN be found in Hoenn that deserve Mega Evolutions, IMO.

Mega Golduck (Water/Psychic. Having this combo could be very useful if Mudkip was not your chosen Starter. Plus, if it got either Swift Swim or Adaptability, this guy could seek greater use in the competitive environment.)
Mega Xatu (Psychic/Flying. Give this guy Air Slash to utilise its' good Sp. Atk, retain Magic Bounce and we can call it a day with this guy.)
Mega Probopass (Rock/Steel. It should gain Filter and a considerable Sp. Atk boost to become something that you will not scoff at in battle. Only because it is the evolved form of Roxanne's ace Pokémon, Nosepass. Definitely a potential candidate on her team to Mega Evolve.)
Mega Raichu (Electric/Fighting. Raichu could learn a handful of Fighting moves throughout the past generations, and if some luckily come back as Tutor Moves, Mega Raichu could be quite a threat.)
Mega Dusknoir (Ghost/Dark. Only cause Banette had one and may not properly evolve again. Mega Dusknoir could be more offensive, sporting great Attack and Sp. Atk, which may cost it some Speed...)
Mega Cacturne (Grass/Dark. It would be really hilarious, yet very beneficial if this guy got Speed Boost. It should have improved defences to help it take hits a little better.)
Mega Walrien (Ice/Water. Having improved Defense and Sp. Def, maybe along with Sp. Atk and Attack can give this mighty walrus a possible spot in a slightly higher tier. It should definitely keep Ice Body, but Adaptability doesn't sound like a bad idea.)
Mega Crawdaunt (Water/Dark. Whatever way it may work, it definitely needs to keep Adaptability to keep making its' Aqua Jets pose a threat. Some better physical bulk and better speed will help this guy, even though he's awesome enough as he already is.)
Mega Hariyama (Fighting. It can gain some better defences to take a handful of hits like a boss. Thus, it would be logical if Brawly's ace Pokémon is the one that Mega Evolves in a potential rematch.)

Two new Megas were accidentally revealed on the Korean website!

We now have Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino.
x3LDrU7.png

Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy and has Healer. It has boosted defense and special defense.
Mega Slowbro stays Water/Psychic, and gets Shell Armor. It has boosted defense and special attack.

If anyone understands Korean, here's some details that came with the new Megas:
tumblr_na6rgbJNY51r8sc3ro1_500.png

tumblr_na6rgbJNY51r8sc3ro2_500.png

tumblr_na6rgbJNY51r8sc3ro3_500.png

tumblr_na6rgbJNY51r8sc3ro4_500.png

Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino - the links aren't working for me, but this is what is going around on Tumblr at the moment nonetheless.

Finally they give mega evolution to a 5th gen Pokemon and they choose Audino ? Why ? However it does logical for it to be a fairy type

Mega Slowbro without Regenerator is going to have the same issue of Alakazam and its Mega
I wonder who will be better lol

Mega Audino seems like a Digimon* somehow and Mega Slowbro... it should have been its skeleton! It reminds me of an enemy in The Legend of Zelda games that eats our shield!

I was wishing Audino remained in Isshu (and Kalos if they exist there)! Crap.

Edit: * it's Patamon!

So does this mean we can expect Mega Slowking, too? Gallade didn't get one in XY, but it could in ORAS, so I guess there's no precedent to go off of. Mega Audino looks nice, although I'm not sure why they couldn't just make it (or regular Audino for that matter) pure Fairy. Audino (and Mawile) really could've used an actual evolution instead. Not sure how Mega Slowbro can move, but I like how ridiculous it is.

Back