ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Well Mega Lopunny is a thing o_0 looks like non-Hoenn pokemon are getting Megas after all. Also could that mean Buneary and Lopunny could also be part of the new Hoenn dex?
EDIT: Mega Altaria Dragon/Fairy with Pixilate (Hyper Voice is also an Egg Move)
Mega Lopunny Normal/Fighting with Scrappy

PS - I'm not sure if this fits here. Move wherever you Mods see fit.

Aerodactyl

Don't listen to her, she's crazy
Oh my gosh new megas for lopunny, Salamence and Altaria! Love the new typing for both... Dragon/fairy and normal/fighting! Me thinks lots of people will be making room on their teams for an altaria now. And I guess lopunny is just meant to kill all the ghost megas with its scrappy ability. I love lopunnys look, still feminine looking but with enough edge and ferocity that male buneary can feel safe evolving now. And I'm so glad we got a mega from a gen outside of three!!! So many possibilities now, I did not see that coming at all. We could be getting megas from anywhere now!

It looks like there will be a fourth mega revealed in this coro coro leak still, since the three seem to go around a circle and we haven't seen the bottom left hand corner under altaria yet. It could be from any generation at this rate!!! I'm still hoping for an ice type mega, we only have one so far... Come on mega jynx!!! Please!!!

Mitja

veteran smartass
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
So the pokemon that has its wings made of freaking clouds as the main part of its design...would lose it's Flying type?

Right.

I'd even take a Dragon/Fairy Mega Salamence rumor more serious.

Aaaaand gamefreak punches me in the face again xD

wtf. They need to decide whether Flying is supposed to include things like wind, clouds, sky in general (like Tornadus implies), or not (Mega Altaria gets even cloudier and loses it's Flying type).

Welp. I'll take that as "Flying is all about defying gravity, unless something has priority" again. Never liked it being treated like a second grade type..

IT does make perfect sense for it to get Pixilate though, as it lost its "sound"-STAB after evolving, and I've felt like that needed fixing since ever.
Now give Noivern "Dragolite" or whatever, to make Boomburst cause an apocalypse and I'll be happy.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I love Altaria's new typing but the design... very strange. :p I like both Lopunny and Salamence's mega form designs, though. :D

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Mega Altaria is cool, but if there's one real benefit then at least it confirms that 'leaked list of Megas' is fake (which lets face it, it never had any real solid evidence to begin with)

Mega Salamence looks like a boomerang (in a good way)

Mega Lopunny is gonna take a bit of getting used to, but its not too bad.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
Mitja said:
So the pokemon that has its wings made of freaking clouds as the main part of its design...would lose it's Flying type?

Right.

wtf. They need to decide whether Flying is supposed to include things like wind, clouds, sky in general (like Tornadus implies), or not (Mega Altaria gets even cloudier and loses it's Flying type).

Welp. I'll take that as "Flying is all about defying gravity, unless something has priority" again. Never liked it being treated like a second grade type..

IT does make perfect sense for it to get Pixilate though, as it lost its "sound"-STAB after evolving, and I've felt like that needed fixing since ever.
Now give Noivern "Dragolite" or whatever, to make Boomburst cause an apocalypse and I'll be happy.

dude stop trying to apply logic to gamefreak and pokemon,I know youre tired of being wrong. logically they have no logic the do what they want, and sometimes it might coincide with fan interest

Aerodactyl

I actually think the fairy/dragon mega altaria makes a lot of sense. It does have a puffy cloud like design, but that design gives it a certain look of grace, elegance and serenity. It's one of the only Pokemon that I believe can pull off being a dragon and a fairy. Fairy is also another word or description for nymphs, and nymphs are creatures that tend to take on the elements, like clouds.

I think its a bit harsh to say it defys logic and that it concides with fan interest. It's just one mega Pokemon... And I mean EVERYONE called it. Most fans were speculating and begging for a dragon/fairy Altaria. If anything this was game freak listening to the fans.

Yes, game freak has made plenty of illogical moves (looking at you lightning rod sceptile) and yes, sometimes its at the expense of fan interest. But once in a while, they make minor decisions that disagree with some people, there's no reason to claim its illogical.I mean, almost every decision can be argued at from both angles logically.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Mitja said:
Mitja said:

Right.

Altaria is based on the peng, a chinese flying monster; I'd say that the classification as "powerful mythical being" and "cute as a button" makes it a perfect candidate for the combined typing, since it doesn't have the dragon types's usual roughness; it is sad that it lost the ability to fly, though, but it was one of those cases where just two type slots are too few (salamence-fire, flygon -bug - flying, etc)

Athena said:
I love Altaria's new typing but the design... very strange. :p I like both Lopunny and Salamence's mega form designs, though. :D

What is strange for the design is that they based the cloud in its head in the type of hat madame pikachu is using it; it itsn't a design feature you can really understand separate from the context of altaria being the pokemon of this contest idol, and madame pikachu being the representative of the beauty contests; the "contest beauty" pokemon used to be milotic; now it is altaria.

xayshade said:
dude stop trying to apply logic to gamefreak and pokemon,I know youre tired of being wrong. logically they have no logic the do what they want, and sometimes it might coincide with fan interest

As I say up there, the change made perfect sense, there was not a shred of fan interest, here, just the fact that a lot of people saw the change coming; if anything it shuld mean that the mega will be quicky accepted by the fans, unlike many others.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer

professorlight said:
xayshade said:

As I say up there, the change made perfect sense, there was not a shred of fan interest, here, just the fact that a lot of people saw the change coming; if anything it shuld mean that the mega will be quicky accepted by the fans, unlike many others.

well it can probably still fly, but I was not directly meaning mega altaria was of fan interest, that sometimes their design choices reflect such.

also it making "perfect sense" is more an opinion than fact.

Aerodactyl said:
I actually think the fairy/dragon mega altaria makes a lot of sense. It does have a puffy cloud like design, but that design gives it a certain look of grace, elegance and serenity. It's one of the only Pokemon that I believe can pull off being a dragon and a fairy. Fairy is also another word or description for nymphs, and nymphs are creatures that tend to take on the elements, like clouds.

I think its a bit harsh to say it defys logic and that it concides with fan interest. It's just one mega Pokemon... And I mean EVERYONE called it. Most fans were speculating and begging for a dragon/fairy Altaria. If anything this was game freak listening to the fans.

Yes, game freak has made plenty of illogical moves (looking at you lightning rod sceptile) and yes, sometimes its at the expense of fan interest. But once in a while, they make minor decisions that disagree with some people, there's no reason to claim its illogical.I mean, almost every decision can be argued at from both angles logically.

Ok when i said Gamefreak does illogical things i was mostly just meaning overall, not directly at the expense of Mega Altaria. I was saying sticking gamefreak to a strict code is illogical since they can really do whatever.

On another note, Mega Lopunny looks awesome.

Pikachu19

Aspiring Trainer
I love that altaria gets this a new typing after mega evolving. I'm especially excited because it's one of my favorite pokemon.
I love Lopunny & Salamence gettnig one too! Now all I need is Mega Milotic and I'm GOOD!

Aerodactyl

Sorry Xayshade, I misread you :) I could have lessened my tone their a bt,, I took everything as an overreaction to one mega. I didn't mean to offend you either Mitja if I did, I actually really like listening to your ideas and theories because you always think them through and never use the answer "cause I just want it that way and its awesome" as a reason game freak would do something. And we've all been punched in the face once or twice :) some of us are still recovering from the shock that they actually brought back secret bases and that they look awesome!!!

I just personally think dragon/fairy Altaria is a rocking decision and I can't wait to use it! But you are entitled to your opinion, and its just as valid.

With all of these new megas, I might have to use them all and just switch out the stones between elite four members at the league. I'd love to use that scrappy lopunny on pheobe, and mega Altaria on Sidney. Just so many cool megas this time around!

bacon

!!!!!
It would be hilarious if Lopunny's Klutz prevented it from using its Mega Stone lol

TBH I feel like vanilla Altaria's typing should have been retconned to be Fairy/Flying, but who cares when Fairy/Dragon gives us a legit Charizard X/Y counter :eek:

I thought Mega Salamence looked odd at first, but he's really grown on me. I wonder if E4 Drake will be using one..

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

bacon said:
I thought Mega Salamence looked odd at first, but he's really grown on me. I wonder if E4 Drake will be using one..

I've actually been wondering this myself….
Sidney has an Absol which we know can Mega evolve (although it looks like its been replaced as his main by Shiftry)
Phoebe has Sableye (although this point isn't 100% viable since she has been advertised with Dusknoir as her main)
all we'd need is a Mega Walrein for Glacia and we'd be set.

I don't think that they'd only give Drake a Mega evo though… I think either the entire E4 and Steven would use one, or only Steven.

ScorchingShock

Hype Train Conducter
Well... Mega Altaria has been revealed and is Dragon/Fairy... I can hear millions of fanboys and fangirls screaming with joy...

Anyway, I personally LOVE Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny. I'm personally gonna use Mega Lopunny forever now. xD Anyway, I do like Mega Salamence a little... but the way the arms merge with the feet... awkward. xD

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

bacon said:
TBH I feel like vanilla Altaria's typing should have been retconned to be Fairy/Flying, but who cares when Fairy/Dragon gives us a legit Charizard X/Y counter :eek:

oh s.... I didn't think of that... I was worried about Mega Salamence but Mega Altaria is the real threat... I hope GF didn't decide to buff Charizard just to nerf it again...

Groot

Aspiring Trainer
At first I was kind oh just "wut" when I saw Lopunny had a Mega-Evolution but now I think it is pretty cool especially with the scrappy ability. Even if it just gets a 30+ increase in speed and attack, it will be a force to be reckoned with. Pretty much no ghost except maybe Cofagrigus could wall it. I at first was hesitant on using it but I definitely will try it on my team now. Plus its design looks pretty cool.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Groot said:
At first I was kind oh just "wut" when I saw Lopunny had a Mega-Evolution but now I think it is pretty cool especially with the scrappy ability. Even if it just gets a 30+ increase in speed and attack, it will be a force to be reckoned with. Pretty much no ghost except maybe Cofagrigus could wall it. I at first was hesitant on using it but I definitely will try it on my team now. Plus its design looks pretty cool.

Yeah. No-one EVER expected Mega Lopunny. Ever.

Oh and rumors are true about Altaria... Damn.

ScorchingShock said:
Well... Mega Altaria has been revealed and is Dragon/Fairy... I can hear millions of fanboys and fangirls screaming with joy...

You mean horror. The creature with the huge cloud wings loses its flying typing... Kinda makes no sense.

Anyway, Mega Altaria reminds me of this.
pochama-evo.png

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer

Blob55 said:
Groot said:

ScorchingShock said:

You mean horror. The creature with the huge cloud wings loses its flying typing... Kinda makes no sense.

pochama-evo.png

Apparently it makes sense to a lot of people. I personally could care less. Mega lopunny tho

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

xayshade said:
Blob55 said:

pochama-evo.png

Apparently it makes sense to a lot of people. I personally could care less. Mega lopunny tho

Mega Altaria is now weak to Poison, Steel, Ice and Fairy. It loses its Ground immunity, but gains a Dragon one.
It also gains Electric and Dark resistance.

Mega Altaria is the only dual-typed Pokémon which has completely different types to its base form, Swablu.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer

Blob55 said:
xayshade said:
Mega Altaria is now weak to Poison, Steel, Ice and Fairy. It loses its Ground immunity, but gains a Dragon one.
It also gains Electric and Dark resistance.

Mega Altaria is the only dual-typed Pokémon which has completely different types to its base form, Swablu.

So? Is that supposed to mean something?