ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Reggie McGigas said:
His Goominess said:
I brought this up a couple pages back

I don't really trust it. There are no credible sources - zero reliable Pokemon news sites have reported it at all (I've seen some people claim it's a poster on facebook, but when I asked if they could post a picture of it on their wall or on a table or something they either ignored me or just said 'I can't do that') which makes me believe it's fake.
Also, on the bottom, Mega Diancie is shown. If these are all Mega Evolutions that are happening, then Diancie's silhouette should be along all the other Pokemon - it's not like they wouldn't know it has a Mega.
Either regular Diancie should be with the other Pokemon, or its Mega shouldn't be on the page.

Also, the rumoured Megas seem very close to ones I've seen on lists that fans post. (ie these Megas would be major fanservice) and whilst some of them do have evidence backing them up (Archie/Maxie having Mega Stones, Steven researching Mega Evolutions), a lot of other ones seem to be too close to fan wants.
I'm not saying that none of those Pokemon will get Megas, but it seems a bit off that a) nowhere official has anything about it and b) would Pokemon even make anything like this? I've seen pics from the Paris Pokemon Centre, and that would be a place for the poster if there was one.

You're assuming Pokémon doesn't want to do what the fans want?

Also, I believe it isn't photoshopped because it doesn't have any clear evidence of being photoshopped. It looks like something Pokémon would release.

Diancie isn't in that list because it's only for the Hoenn Pokémon getting megas. They wouldn't want to reveal all the megas from every generation before the game releases, now would they?

In any case, it fooled me if it's fake
Game freak doesnt care what the fans want, they do what they want.

I thought you guys would learn that by now

Let me put it like this... if Gamefreak came up to me and said "tigre, what pokemon should be in ORAS? You only get to pick 25", I'd say (after much deliberation:

"Sandslash, Nidoking, Machamp, Rapidash, Riachu, Lapras,
Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Donphan, Ursaring,
Flygon, Altaria, Torkoal,
Rotom, Luxray, Drifblim,
Emboar, Samorott, Serperior, Haxorus, Golurk, Scolipede, Darmanitan, Druddigon"

Gamefreak: We're on it, bruh.

Me: I'll but 10 copies!

(A guy can dream, right?)

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

tigre said:
Let me put it like this... if Gamefreak came up to me and said "tigre, what pokemon should be in ORAS? You only get to pick 25", I'd say (after much deliberation:

Rotom, Luxray, Drifblim,

No Regigigas, Rayquazza, or Gallade? Those Pokémon make perfect sense to have megas?

I'd prefer Mega Glalie over Mega Gallade even though Gallade is one of my favourite pokes ;o

Reggie McGigas said:
tigre said:

Rotom, Luxray, Drifblim,

No Regigigas, Rayquazza, or Gallade? Those Pokémon make perfect sense to have megas?

Well, your list must look different than my list. And there are about 100 pokemon which make perfect sense to have a mega lol.

I think Glalie should have on only because stat wise its a little down plus I think Glalie is awesome. If Keckleon should have as well I think it look like it could have great possibilities with it especially with its a ability it has. Dunsparce for the love of Arceus give Dunsparce one or a evolution please give it something its useless in my opinion. Solrock and Lunatone why because of stats reason mostly and since they can not evolve ( I always thought they would evolve with a moon stone and Sun Stone but nope) I think that would be amazing if that happens Solrock can have levitate still or gain Drought, Lunatone could have levitate still or Solid Rock and I think it would be ok. Spinda its has potential especially with the teeter dance, dizzy punch, psybeam, etc... it has a lot of potential just needs a little power boost :)

summary: Glalie, Keckleon, Dunsparce, Solrock, Lunatone, Spinda

Dunsparce would need an evolution and then a mega lol. Unless it's mega got 200 added to the BST.

tigre said:
Dunsparce would need an evolution and then a mega lol. Unless it's mega got 200 added to the BST.

Unless it would get a really good ability...but since Serene Grace was it's only interesting aspect to begin with.. so I don't see how Dunsparce could gain anything with a mega evo either

Mitja said:
tigre said:

Unless it would get a really good ability...but since Serene Grace was it's only interesting aspect to begin with.. so I don't see how Dunsparce could gain anything with a mega evo either

It does need something though like if it had prankster or something it could be a little bit more useful :)

Ghost King said:
Mitja said:

It does need something though like if it had prankster or something it could be a little bit more useful :)

Or it could get wonder guard :). But in all seriousness, I agree that dins parcel would need a buff and then a mega in order for it to be usable in competitive battling. Oh well...

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

DevinTheWelf said:
Mega Breloom.

(Remember, all mega Pokemon get +100 to all of their stats, unless an amount is subtracted from one than added to another)
Stats:
Hp - 60
Atk - 150 (+20)
Def - 90 (+10)
SpAtk - 60
SpDef - 90 (+30)
Spe - 110 (+40)

Ability: Technician or maybe something completely different.

I'd love it if Breloom could get a Mega Evo because not only would he make an amazing Mega, but then he'd finally have a EX card in the TCG! (Assuming by then they still have EX's in the format). That poor mushroom dinosaur needs some love, and getting a Mega Evo would do the trick.

Just because you can't mega evolve doesn't mean you can't have an EX in the TCG. Examples: Chandelure, Excadrill, Emolga, Skarmory, Magnezone, Toxicroak

I wouldn't mind seeing Breloom getting a mega, but it doesn't really need it. It's pretty dangerous on its own with spore and substitute, a mega could possibly go into ubers. Even though Breloom is a fan favorite Pokémon, I'm not sure if it should get a mega.

If I could introduce 20 new megas into the game I'd introduce Mega
Rapidash, Lapras, Azumarill, Skarmory, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Sharpedo, Camprupt, Tropius, Metagross, Rayquazza, Luxray, Wormadam, Mothim, Gastrodon, Gallade, Regigigas, Golurk, Sigilyph, Druddigon

is it just me or if they do get metagross a Mega Evolution does a giant metallic Spider comes to mind, I just think about a giant blue thing with 8 beldum like legs lol (shivers at the sight in my mind). I wonder the possibilites of the new megas, has GF given any hint toward new megas other than Sableye, Diancie?!?!?

Ghost King said:
is it just me or if they do get metagross a Mega Evolution does a giant metallic Spider comes to mind, I just think about a giant blue thing with 8 beldum like legs lol (shivers at the sight in my mind). I wonder the possibilites of the new megas, has GF given any hint toward new megas other than Sableye, Diancie?!?!?

The only hints we have to any new Megas is that Archie/Maxie have Mega Stones so will presumably have Mega Pokemon, which most people have interpreted as will be Camerupt and Sharpedo. (but watch GF troll us and they have Mega Gyarados and Houndoom)
Then Steven's research into Mega Evolution could be an indicator towards Mega Metagross (I think for the champion they'd have a badass new Mega, rather than reusing one we've already seen)

I actually think the biggest hint towards new Megas is Mega Sableye itself. Diancie I could see being a one-off, being a hidden legendary and all, but I don't think they'd release ORAS with just one new Mega of a regular Pokémon, nor would it have been announced as early as it was.

I feel that Milotic needs a mega evolution. Not only because it is originally from the same gen that the new games are from but also because of its popularity. I would like to see water/fairy added for Milotic.

DrEspeon said:
His Goominess said:
So apparently a poster or something featuring all the Mega evos from ORAS has been leaked on the interwebs

http://imgur.com/oKJWFfF

*NOTE* This is unconfirmed and could very easily be fake - don't get your hopes up.

I've seen several people on facebook say they've seen this and can 'confirm' its legitimacy (but obviously not a reliable source), and some people even claim to have the same poster. (again, unreliable)
The things that are drawing me away from this:
a) no reliable source. I've only seen this on fan pages on facebook, and we all know how gullible people are on the internet.
b) the Pokemon. The ones on the poster are all ones that have been hugely speculated to Mega Evolve, and some seem to be fanservice (Flygon, Salamence, Metagross)

I'm not sure if this has been around before Mega Sableye was revealed.
For now, I'd take this as fake - I am, at least until we get sufficient evidence (by that I mean like at least half of them confirmed as Megas).

No walrein :( . In all seriousness though, I don't think this is real. As people have said, all the photos have been seen before. Additionally, it seems really silly of game freak to silhouette pokemon that have already been revealed. They know that we will know what they are so why not just color them in. Or silhouette the megas. Additionally the lack of megas from other regions makes it lose credibility. It seems really unlikely in my mind that there will only be hoenn megas, especially with the Diancie reveal. Finally, the lack of sourcing confirms in my head that this photo is fake, although technically it exists so... My final conclusion is that it was not released by gamefreak, there.

Personally I think this is real. Look at the part with Mega Sableye. When was this posted? Oh yea, before Mega Sableye was! It's the exact same design as in the game. Of course I do got a sad tugging feeling it could be fake but still... I always try not to doubt it. xD

Reggie McGigas said:
tigre said:

Rotom, Luxray, Drifblim,

Rayquaza should not get a mega evolution. He should get a Primal Reversion.

ScorchingShock said:
Personally I think this is real. Look at the part with Mega Sableye. When was this posted? Oh yea, before Mega Sableye was! It's the exact same design as in the game. Of course I do got a sad tugging feeling it could be fake but still... I always try not to doubt it. xD
If the date His Goominess posted the image was in fact the day it was "released" (June 13), it would still be two days after the reveal of Mega Sableye (June 11).

My money is on fake -- it doesn't look professional, nor does it seem like something Pokémon would release. That's not to say, of course, that some of the Megas won't turn out to be correct.

I'm crossing my fingers for some Megas of Pokémon NOT in the Hoenn 'dex. As unlikely as it is, all I want is a Mega Galvantula.

CMP said:
ScorchingShock said:
If the date His Goominess posted the image was in fact the day it was "released" (June 13), it would still be two days after the reveal of Mega Sableye (June 11).

My money is on fake -- it doesn't look professional, nor does it seem like something Pokémon would release. That's not to say, of course, that some of the Megas won't turn out to be correct.

I'm crossing my fingers for some Megas of Pokémon NOT in the Hoenn 'dex. As unlikely as it is, all I want is a Mega Galvantula.

I don't think it's that unlikely. We got Diancie after all, and Glavantula was one thought to be in X and Y for the longest time. People say that nintendo doesn't listen, but they listen more than we think. Charizard getting his dragon typing, even sceptile.

Aerodactyl said:
CMP said:

I don't think it's that unlikely. We got Diancie after all, and Glavantula was one thought to be in X and Y for the longest time. People say that nintendo doesn't listen, but they listen more than we think. Charizard getting his dragon typing, even sceptile.

It's more that they also see the obvious "this would be cool"-factors that any random fan can think of, and then do that if it feels okay to do it (like sneaking a Dragon type onto Charizard as soon as a viable opportunity like mega evolution shows up), while disregarding the wtf-ideas (like making regular Charizard a Dragon type some random generation with no justification or reasoning as to why it wasn't before). xD

I remember when the leaks and street-date breaks were happening, people were saying they found Druddigon, Galvantula, and Chandalure's mega stones. Then I was crushed to learn they were false rumors.

Back