ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

tigre said:
I remember when the leaks and street-date breaks were happening, people were saying they found Druddigon, Galvantula, and Chandalure's mega stones. Then I was crushed to learn they were false rumors.

Me too :( But, at least ORAS shows that Mega's might be around to stay, even in other generations after this so there might still be a chance.... eventually. But I definitely think that the poster everyone's talking about is fake. It's a good fake, which is actually nice cause we haven't heard anything for awhile and I like the speculation... but I'm certain it's fake, just by design. It just seems sort of thrown together...

I already listed a few megas in this thread, but there's more I thought about:

Pokémon I think deserve a Mega to help them and/or they're also cool:
. Mega Pidgeot (the original bird is the worst of them... in battle of course...)
. Mega Nidoqueen & Nidoking - they're not that bad, but their stats could use a bigger buff than +10 in one stat; plus, they look perfet for Mega Evolution to me for some reason...;
. Mega Marowak - to continue the Kangaskhan-Cubone conspiracy... now, seriously, give it Huge Power so it doesn't miss its Thick Club signature item, and it's ready to go...
. Mega Jynx - I still think it should have a real evolution like Magmar and Electabuzz but it seems they gave up on those, so a Mega would suffice...
. Mega Lapras - Such a high BST, yet it sucks...
. Mega Snorlax - It's not what it used to be anymore... and it's a fan favorite anyway...
. Dunsparce - I agree with what was said before... give it an evolution and then a Mega evolution...
. Mega Steelix - It's really cool, and needs a high buff to its Attack stat...
. Mega Granbull ? - It's now a Fairy-type, and with some stat buffs, it could actually be good...
. Mega Magcargo - give Solid Rock, buff up that Sp. Atk by 60 points, and its defenses a bit, put it in Trick Room... profit...
. Mega Octillery - looks to me like a counterpart to Magcargo (even though, they're nothing alike, maybe it's because they're molluscs)... anyway, it's one of those pokémon with potential but fall a bit short of actually being dangerous...
. Mega Mantine - I'll explain this one later...
. Mega Kingdra - another one with high BST, but no awesome stat, plus, it would complete the group of pokémon with starters-type + dragon-type (after Charizard X, Ampharos and Sceptile)
. Mega Ninjask - not sure, I like it, and I'd love to see it surpassing Deoxys-S' speed...
. Mega Exploud - another one who needs a bit higher attacking stats to be usable...
. Mega Torkoal - don't know why, but there's people asking for it and I think it fits the theme..
. Mega Flygon - ultra cool but needs more power...
. Mega Milotic - as a counterpart to Mega Gyarados (this one seems one of the more likely megas to happen, I believe), and give it fairy-type...
. Mega Walrein - may not be evident, but it some sort of counterpart to Aggron and, like Lapras or other stage 2, high BST but doesn't excel in anything...
. Mega Luxray - more speed, more speed, much more speed... and it's cool...
. Mega Floatzel - give me a reason to keep my trained Floatzel from Platinum... cause it sucks the way it is (I'm even thinking about catching a new one in platinum, train it again and transfer to gen 6 and replace the one I have)...
. Mega Druddigon - it's one of those pokés who are not likely to ever have a regular evo, and it's kinda strong but not enough, so a Mega would be good for it...
. Mega Golurk - http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/231/e/b/mega_golurk_by_dragonith-d6iufsk.png
. Mega Bisharp - looks cool, has a good attack, interesting type combo, but its speed sucks and its main moves have low damage output... also fits the concept...
. Mega Braviary - more because of the coolness factor but it's not that threatning as it is now...

(No Megas from Gen 6 for now)

Pokémon I think should get a Mega... just because they're freakin' cool:
- Arcanine: give it Speed Boost
- Legendary birds: when XY started leaking, there was a rumor the birds could Mega Evolve... it turned out to be fake but since they decided to put so much Kanto in Kalos, including the birds, they should be the first legendary trio to get Megas...
- Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Hydeigon: pseudo-legendaries, 'nuff said...
- Crobat: It's one of my favorites... give it 8 wings...
- Skarmory: unnecessary buffs at their best... also the reason to give Mantine a mega too, they used to be counterparts...
- Wailord: make it be 200 meters long...
- Drapion: it's just cool...
- Weavile: it's popular and has the same problem as Bisharp when it comes to moves...
- Rhyperior: It already looks like a Mega... Imagine it with 4 drills! 2 smaller cannons under the arms! An even bigger wrecking ball at the end of the tail! So much Digimon, it's not even funny!
- Heatran: that legendary that doesn't really behave or is treated like one, so a Mega would not seem strange...
- Zoroark: Lucario
- Haxorus: 197 Attack stat! The other 50 points can go to Speed and Defenses, but speed is preferred. Haxorus is awesome, period.
- Volcarona: If it looked dumb, I'd say give it Simple! Instead, give it Drought... it's the Sun pokémon (and is Fire-type unlike Espeon)...

I still don't see how anyone could consider the poster legit, or what makes it a "good" fake.

Every detail is done unprofessionally.

I just noticed that you can even see they put Sableye on the picture first and then the other silhouettes by how they are layered lol

Gastrodon should get a mega. It is really awesome but underrated. Its pokedex entry talks about it having a larger and bulkier shell thousands of years ago. Maybe M Gastrodon could have a bulky shell, with higher attack and defense but lower speed?

My hope is for mega Electivire, Magmortar, and if we're lucky, an evolution AND a Mega for Jynx. I've always thought Jynx was the most under appreciated of the trio...

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

OmegaElectivire765 said:
My hope is for mega Electivire, Magmortar, and if we're lucky, an evolution AND a Mega for Jynx. I've always thought Jynx was the most under appreciated of the trio...

She's always been more different than the other two in the first place oO
-female only
-elemental type not visually obvious (you would expect a white icy/snow pattern if she had anything to do with them)
-a secondary type
-lower total stats
-not a mixed attacker
-not version exclusive counterpart
-not gaining a trade+item evolution in gen 4 (this was kinda more another addition to the list, rather than an odd case lol)

really, the only thing they share is having gotten a pre-evolution in gen 2. Apart from that it's all differences. Oh and lets not forget design-wise it's not even close to words I would use to describe Magmar/Electabuzz (ie elemental humanoid animal), instead of looking like the obvious third bro, it's....lets say unique lol.

Has a Mega Lunatone and a Mega Solrock been mentioned yet?

I think it would be kind of cool. Lunatone could go from a half moon to a full moon, in the process replace psychic type with dark type. Its defense and attack could go up.

Solrock meanwhile could add more 'spikes' to its body and become less rock like, looking kind of like the sun on the Kellogg's raisin bran box except not so happy and goofy looking and in the process replace rock type with fire type. Its special attack and speed could go up though this would probably lower defenses, at least on the physical side.

Megas id like
Mega Beedrill- the guy needs some appreciation.
Mega Butterfree- see mega beedrills description.
Mega Klinklang- GEAR ROBOT!!!
Mega Golurk- remove its seal thingy, and give it cooler design and yeah.
Mega Goodra- personal fan of goodra.
Mega Mamoswine- Ice megas right now are not so plentiful.
Mega Vanilluxe- same reason as mamoswine
Mega Zygarde- Admit it, you want this to happen.

Primal Rayquaza- not a mega, but whatever.

Mitja said:
Although it would be weird for it as it's version exclusive to Ruby, but I have a feeling Mega Sableye will have a version that holds a sapphire. xD
wow. you dont realize mawile has a mega, so that balances it out.

woohoo962 said:
Mitja said:
Although it would be weird for it as it's version exclusive to Ruby, but I have a feeling Mega Sableye will have a version that holds a sapphire. xD

wow. yes I did. you didn't understand my post.

I was talking about a hypothetical second, sapphire themed, Mega Sableye. It has nothing to do with Mega Mawile, as the main issue is Sableye being unavailable in Sapphire Ruby, which is what I started with.

Mitja said:
woohoo962 said:

I was talking about a hypothetical second, sapphire themed, Mega Sableye. It has nothing to do with Mega Mawile, as the main issue is Sableye being unavailable in Sapphire, which is what I started with.

wow, your getting this all wrong. Mawile is available in RUBY, and Sableye is available in SAPPHIRE.

Actually unless you know something that hasn't been revealed to my knowledge, there's no evidence to support that Mawile is Omega Ruby exclusive while Sableye is Alpha Sapphire exclusive. Just because that was the case in Ruby and Sapphire doesn't necessarily mean it will transfer over to the remakes. Though you could be right about it too, as I say to my knowledge this hasn't been revealed.

woohoo962 said:
Mitja said:

I was talking about a hypothetical second, sapphire themed, Mega Sableye. It has nothing to do with Mega Mawile, as the main issue is Sableye being unavailable in Sapphire, which is what I started with.

wow, you're getting this all wrong. Mawile is available in RUBY, and Sableye is available in SAPPHIRE.

I did get them wrong, but it's not what I was talking about in the first place.

All I'm saying is that it could be interesting if there was also a Mega Sableye with blue eyes/gemstone in addition to the red one. I don't know why or how, but this is gamefreak after all.

I don't know if this has came up or not but has anyone considered the possibility of Castform getting a mega form, since its like a environment thing with Sapphire and Ruby, I don't know what could the ability and stats be for its mega form, but I think it could be a possibility that we might see the little guy mega evolving :)

Ghost King said:
I don't know if this has came up or not but has anyone considered the possibility of Castform getting a mega form, since its like a environment thing with Sapphire and Ruby, I don't know what could the ability and stats be for its mega form, but I think it could be a possibility that we might see the little guy mega evolving :)
If Castform doesn't get a mega I'm going to be disappointed. Because we don't have permanent weather anymore, it would be cool if when you mega evolved Castform it would stay in the form it was in. (Don't know if anyone's said that...) Then, Castform could get a useful ability whilst maintaining the perks from forecast.
I hope Castform gets shiny sprites for it's weather forms, because what's the point in having a shiny Castform if you can't have a green sun or whatever?
Finally, I hope we get a sandstorm form of Castform although I doubt it would happen.

Kyoshi_ said:
Ghost King said:
If Castform doesn't get a mega I'm going to be disappointed. Because we don't have permanent weather anymore, it would be cool if when you mega evolved Castform it would stay in the form it was in. (Don't know if anyone's said that...) Then, Castform could get a useful ability whilst maintaining the perks from forecast.
I hope Castform gets shiny sprites for it's weather forms, because what's the point in having a shiny Castform if you can't have a green sun or whatever?
Finally, I hope we get a sandstorm form of Castform although I doubt it would happen.

Yeh, Sandstorm forme probably isn't happening. I mean they had a desert and sandstorm in gen 3, yet they decided not to give it one, so their reasons would be the same now.

It has to do with the fact that it is a pokemon about weather prediction, and sandstorms usually don't just show up on a random thursday unless you're in some very specific area (ie, the desert), so I would even expect a thunder(Electric) and storm(Flying) forme before a sandstorm one, if any.
And those would even have a justification to be added if they added such weather-effects.

What Castform really needs IMO would be a regular evolution that only happens when you level it in an area with form-changing weather.
I would make it keep the type it had in the battle before evolving, and have it's ability replaced by Drought/Drizzle/Snowstorm permanently.
I mean, since we have random pokemon like Politoed and Ninetales throwing up weather effects, it would just make perfect sense for a Castform evolution to be the general weather-inducer.

No, there shouldnt be a castform mega, and an evolutions gonna have to wait until gen 7. speaking of weather, there should be 4 new megas with the weather causing abilities.

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent
Sand Stream- Mega Krookodile
Snow Warning- Mega Vanilluxe

woohoo962 said:
speaking of weather, there should be 4 new megas with the weather causing abilities.

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent

Mega Vanilluxe, yes please. Would prefer it had Snow warning as a regular ability already though..

Mega Simisear with Drought?...That surely won't happen, for the simple reason that it's part of a really close trio.

Yes I know that...be that as it may, it still would be nice for Jynx to have at least a little bit of appreciation, since her design is not the best, doesn't have the best stats and is not well rounded, wouldn't it be satisfactory if Nintendo at least gave Jynx a Mega Evolution? I think that a lot of the under appreciated Pokemon deserve to at least have Mega Evolutions, and not just be stuck in the consistency of the NU or RU or even the UU tier. There is room for improvement for some unappreciated Pokemon, and I would like to see Nintendo give some of the lower tier Pokemon the improvement some of them to be used.

Mitja said:
woohoo962 said:
speaking of weather, there should be 4 new megas with the weather causing abilities.

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent

Mega Vanilluxe, yes please. Would prefer it had Snow warning as a regular ability already though..

Mega Simisear with Drought?...That surely won't happen, for the simple reason that it's part of a really close trio.
If there is a Mega for Simisear, I would say that Simisage and Simipour should also. But Drought? I think it would be better if they got the Starter's abilities, so their types can really get a bit of a boost

Ideas for New Mega/Primal Pokémon for Future Generations

I have an idea for a new mega Pokémon: Mega Unfezant. Unlike other Mega Pokémon, there will still be gender differences.

I'm thinking it could be based on an overfed feral/pet bird, so its stats could look like this:
HP: 80
Attack: 115
Defense: 130
Sp. Attack: 100
Sp. Defense: 110
Speed: 53

Its speed goes down a lot, because it's overweight, but at the same time, its Defenses and Special Attack go up a lot, making it a bulky Pokémon.

It has the Ability Feather Armor, which halves damage from Special Moves. Mega Unfezant keeps the same typing.

Back