ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: Ideas for New Mega/Primal Pokémon for Future Generations

Mega Galvantula:

Gets slightly larger, a few more spiky hairs on its abdomen stylised as lightning bolts, few sparks on its abdomen, its legs are more elongated and have curved spikes at the top
keeps Compoundeyes
stays Bug/Electric
stats:
HP - 70
Atk - 37
Def - 80
Sp.A - 147
Sp.Def - 80
Speed - 158

keeping Compoundeyes means it still has its super-strong-Thunder-abuse niche

RE: Ideas for New Mega/Primal Pokémon for Future Generations

I actually have a few mega ideas id like to share.
Mega Salmence
Dragon/Steel
Gains 2 new heads and armor plating its body and heads.Also gains 2 extra wings.
Mega Stone: Salamencite
Ability: Moxie
Base Stats
HP 95
Attack 135 -> 175
Defense 80 -> 90
Special Attack 110 -> 130
Special Defense 80
Speed 100 -> 130

Mega Cofagrigus
Ghost
Uses its coffin as a shield, and basically is a small black sphere. Holding a coffin.
Mega Stone: Cofagrigite
Ability: Poison Touch
Base Stats
HP 58
Attack 50 -> 60
Defense 145 -> 185
Special Attack 95 -> 115
Special Defense 105 -> 135
Speed 30

last one
Mega Regigigas
Normal/Fighting
Loses the moss on its body and the red,blue and grey gems are on its arms too( in that order) also gains spikes on its hands.
Mega Stone: Regigigite
Ability: Huge Power
Base Stats
HP 110
Attack 160 ->200
Defense 110 -> 140
Special Attack 80
Special Defense 110 -> 120
Speed 100 -> 120

note that these and the mega stone names are just IDEAS.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

OmegaElectivire765 said:
Yes I know that...be that as it may, it still would be nice for Jynx to have at least a little bit of appreciation, since her design is not the best, doesn't have the best stats and is not well rounded, wouldn't it be satisfactory if Nintendo at least gave Jynx a Mega Evolution? I think that a lot of the under appreciated Pokemon deserve to at least have Mega Evolutions, and not just be stuck in the consistency of the NU or RU or even the UU tier. There is room for improvement for some unappreciated Pokemon, and I would like to see Nintendo give some of the lower tier Pokemon the improvement some of them to be used.

I'm all for a Mega Jynx. Could even turn out more helpful with the right ability, than an evo that doesn't change much besides her stats.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Mitja said:
Kyoshi_ said:
If Castform doesn't get a mega I'm going to be disappointed. Because we don't have permanent weather anymore, it would be cool if when you mega evolved Castform it would stay in the form it was in. (Don't know if anyone's said that...) Then, Castform could get a useful ability whilst maintaining the perks from forecast.
I hope Castform gets shiny sprites for it's weather forms, because what's the point in having a shiny Castform if you can't have a green sun or whatever?
Finally, I hope we get a sandstorm form of Castform although I doubt it would happen.

Yeh, Sandstorm forme probably isn't happening. I mean they had a desert and sandstorm in gen 3, yet they decided not to give it one, so their reasons would be the same now.

It has to do with the fact that it is a pokemon about weather prediction, and sandstorms usually don't just show up on a random thursday unless you're in some very specific area (ie, the desert), so I would even expect a thunder(Electric) and storm(Flying) forme before a sandstorm one, if any.
And those would even have a justification to be added if they added such weather-effects.

What Castform really needs IMO would be a regular evolution that only happens when you level it in an area with form-changing weather.
I would make it keep the type it had in the battle before evolving, and have it's ability replaced by Drought/Drizzle/Snowstorm permanently.
I mean, since we have random pokemon like Politoed and Ninetales throwing up weather effects, it would just make perfect sense for a Castform evolution to be the general weather-inducer.

So its evolution would work like Wormadam? I loved the concept of Womadam, but no one else appreciates it :(

EDIT: If you desperately want a Unova Fire type to have Drought, why pick Simisear? Volcarana makes much more sense seeing how its Pokedex entries compared it to the sun.

woohoo962 said:
No, there shouldnt be a castform mega, and an evolutions gonna have to wait until gen 7. speaking of weather, there should be 4 new megas with the weather causing abilities.

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent
Sand Stream- Mega Krookodile
Snow Warning- Mega Vanilluxe

Not to burst a bubble or anything but that would be a bad idea since the abilities state for drought: Weather changes to Intense Sunshine when the Pokémon ENTERS the battle, this lasts 5 turns
same for the other weather abilities except changes sunshine to Rain, SandStorm, and Hail

and since mega evolving doesn't count the pokemon entering battle the effect doesn't take place, you just lose the ability before hand.

correct me if I am wrong lol, I am not trying to sound mean if I do :)

Ghost King said:
woohoo962 said:
No, there shouldnt be a castform mega, and an evolutions gonna have to wait until gen 7. speaking of weather, there should be 4 new megas with the weather causing abilities.

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent

Not to burst a bubble or anything but that would be a bad idea since the abilities state for drought: Weather changes to Intense Sunshine when the Pokémon ENTERS the battle, this lasts 5 turns
same for the other weather abilities except changes sunshine to Rain, SandStorm, and Hail

and since mega evolving doesn't count the pokemon entering battle the effect doesn't take place, you just lose the ability before hand.

As with Mega Charizard Y, the ability activates upon Mega Evolving.
Therefor, evolving Simisear would activate Drought that turn.

Ghost King said:
woohoo962 said:

Drought- Mega Simisear
Drizzle- Mega Jellicent

well, there's already a mega that has Drought (Mega Charizard Y) and its ability activates upon its mega evolution, so Simisear's, Jellicent's,Krookodile's and Vanilluxe's would work.

P.S: Did you know that all of the megas i mentioned are from gen 5?

Thank you for reminding me lol, I am still confused with the Mega evolving stuff a little lol

CoroCoro has leaked on competitor websites. The only new news is the confirmeation of a mega meta gross, which looks really bad. It's just metagross that has 6 arms, the x on its face is larger and golden. The scan also mentions that newer pokemon will be in the pokedex

Reggie McGigas said:
CoroCoro has leaked on competitor websites. The only new news is the confirmeation of a mega meta gross, which looks really bad. It's just metagross that has 6 arms, the x on its face is larger and golden. The scan also mentions that newer pokemon will be in the pokedex

I don;t know. I think it looks great. After all, Mega Evolutions aren't true evolutions but rather super-powered forms, so the change isn't that massive from the original Pokémon it Mega-Evolved from.

Reggie McGigas said:

The whole thing with Mega evolutions is that they're the existing Pokemon thats been expanded on, not a proper evolution that changes its design entirely.

I think its probably the best way Metagross could've been expanded on without it just being Metagross with accessories.

His Goominess said:
The whole thing with Mega evolutions is that they're the existing Pokemon thats been expanded on, not a proper evolution that changes its design entirely.
I think my favorite Mega designs, though, are the ones that to me look like they could be a new stage of evolution -- Mega Alakazam, Mega Houndoom, Mega Manectric. My least favorites are those which barely change the Pokémon, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Ampharos. I do think, though, that Mega Metagross is a nice balance between those, akin to each of the Mega starters.

Now that Mega Metagross has been revealed, I'm expecting Mega Flygon and Mega Salamence (and likely Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt), and hoping for Mega Shiftry, Mega Ludicolo, Mega Breloom, and Mega Walrein. Some non-Hoenn Megas would be nice, too -- and likely given that apparently Pokémon not originally in the Hoenn 'dex will be in the ORAS 'dex. I'm still wanting that Mega Galvantula!

His Goominess said:
Reggie McGigas said:

I think its probably the best way Metagross could've been expanded on without it just being Metagross with accessories.

Exactly. If Kangaskhans kid jumps out the pouch adding a 50% dmg second hit, Blastoises number of cannons grows by 50%, Ampharos stops shaving it's head and bum by 50%...umm, you get the idea, it makes perfect sense for Metagross, the pokemon that gains arms as it evolves no less, to gain 50% extra arms for it's mega evolution (instead of doubling which might have been the logical continuation if it were an impossible regular evolution).

xDDDDD

The question now is....will Mega Machamp have to do something different? LOL

Mitja said:
His Goominess said:

Exactly. If Kangaskhans kid jumps out the pouch adding a 50% dmg second hit, Blastoises number of cannons grows by 50%, Ampharos stops shaving it's head and bum by 50%...umm, you get the idea, it makes perfect sense for Metagross, the pokemon that gains arms as it evolves no less, to gain 50% extra arms for it's mega evolution (instead of doubling which might have been the logical continuation if it were an impossible regular evolution).

xDDDDD

The question now is....will Mega Machamp have to do something different? LOL

LOL! Yeah, here's one idea: Mega Machamp grows two more arms, and gets a abdomen. Enter Spider Machamp!

Furthermore, I'm still waiting on the possibility of Mega Sharpedo. Its personally one of my favorite Hoenn Pokémon. If its there, I hope they go for a more complete missile/torpedo theme with anchor and hammerhead shark like features mixed into it.

Reggie McGigas said:

It has 6 arms?

Blob55 said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It has 6 arms?

The images I saw it had four still, not 6. I thought it looked pretty sick though. For now, and because of last night, that's all my input on it.

Axell Starr said:
Blob55 said:
It has 6 arms?

The images I saw it had four still, not 6. I thought it looked pretty sick though. For now, and because of last night, that's all my input on it.

If you look at the first scan you can see more arms on its back.

Axell Starr said:
Blob55 said:
It has 6 arms?

Sick as in 'cool' or sick as in 'nasty'?

I believe there will probably be a Mega Ludicolo, Mega Shiftry, Mega Jirachi inb4Mega Deoxys all formes and a Mega Ninjask (maybe Mega Shedinja)

Equinox said:
I believe there will probably be a Mega Ludicolo, Mega Shiftry, Mega Jirachi inb4Mega Deoxys all formes and a Mega Ninjask (maybe Mega Shedinja)

Im really hoping we dont get anymore legendary Megas, especially since they dont add anything to GFs competitive format. Im on board for Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry though, as Ive always liked Shiftry's design, but its lackluster stats and typing hold it back from being a truly great Pokemon. Mega Ninjask I cant really see happening, and its gimmick Shedinja even less so. Shedinja really could only benefit from actually gaining HP, as long as it keeps its ability, while I suppose Ninjask could just use a slight attack boost with bolstered defenses- but it would have to keep Speed Boost in order to keep it up to par.

Personally, as others have said, Id really love to see Mega Flygon. It's slowly been outpaced and nudged out by more and more dragons generation after generation, and its about time for it to make a comeback. I'd imagine it getting something along the lines of Adaptability, Huge Power, Sand Stream, Sand Force, Tough Claws, Sheer Force, or Multiscale, any of which would greatly increase its viability in battle enough to match the newer dragons. I feel like Sheer Force would be the better option, as Flygon has a pretty nice move pool (especially considering gen 5 tutor moves) to abuse the boost it gives.

Back