ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

IgnisMagister said:
I am 98% sure that we will get a Salamence or Metagross mega.

It's Metagross or both. As Steven will obviously use a mega, and Aggron would not be half as exciting as a new one.

I just thought of something... they could save Mega Salamence to release it as a version exclusive with Mega Dragonite in some set of games ;o

Mitja: houndoominite and aggronite (I think that one) were in the opposite games the pokemon were in.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

PMJ said:
Mitja: houndoominite and aggronite (I think that one) were in the opposite games the pokemon were in.

As well as the Heracronite and the Pinsirite.

PMJ said:

I'm not sure what point you're addressing (or just posting seemingly related info?), but they were:
Charizardite X - Y
Tyranitarite - Aggronite
Heracronite - Pinsirite
Houndoomite - Manectrite
Mewtwonite X - Y

also, apart from the double megas, all three version exclusive mega stones were available in the game that had the opposite pokemon available (ie, wild Electrikes, no wild Houndour, but a Houndoomite and no Manectrite.)

I was suggesting that Salamence could be paired with Dragonite sometime later in future as version exclusive megas in the same manner.

Mega Metagross will obviously be available in both versions, with it being the champs mega. I would expect it to be given to you by Steven in the hidden part of Meteor Falls after the game is beaten.

Anyhow

Mawilite and Sableyite will probably be version exclusive in the opposite game that Sableye/Mawile are found in.

I wonder what other megas might be version exclusive.

If Mega Salamence was in, it might be paired with a Mega Flygon (although Flygon is not a pseudo-legendary, neither was Aggron, yet it was paired with Tyranitar, simply by being a 3 stage bipedal cave-dwelling armored dino-like monster).
But then again, Bagon/Trapinch WILL be available in both versions, so I wouldn't say it's likely they'd be version exclusive megas.

What is all this I hear about Mega Sceptile being a waste? Also what is the deal with Mega Swampert having Swift Swim xD.

Ysmir said:
What is all this I hear about Mega Sceptile being a waste? Also what is the deal with Mega Swampert having Swift Swim xD.

What?! But I like Mega Sceptile! D: What's wrong with it?!

I'm guessing it has increased Attack and Speed.

Here's a starter stats comparison with final stages/megas highlighted

My prediction for Mega Sceptile:
70 85 65 105 85 120
--- +30 +10 20 --- +40
70 115 75 125 85 160

(the site only talks about its speed, which was its main stat anyway, so in the same manner as Blazikens attack went up by whooping 40, this should be the case with Sceptiles speed. Other than that, I'm very certain it's physical attack will get the next biggest boost, to justify Leaf Blade being it's signature attack once again.)

Mega Swampert:
100 110 90 85 90 60
---- +50 +20 --- +20 +10
100 160 110 85 110 70

(Swampert has had amazing stats across the board since always. No matter how the 100 extra get distributed on top of it, it's only gonna get tougher and stronger. I'm expecting a huge +50 boost on its physical attack for obvious reasons, and at least a minor speed increase, as that will make a serious difference by making Swift Swim matter.)

-------------------

this is so much fun, I'll do one I'm sure we'll see too

Mega Metagross
80 135 130 95 90 70
--- +40 +30 --- +20 +10
80 175 160 95 110 80

I did a straightforward 40/30/20/10-mega distributed according to its already existing stats, while ignoring sp.atk.
Probably no broken ability as it's just as overkill as any other mega of a pseudo-legend already.

Since we got Alakazam and Gengar (although they messed up Alakazams stats, it only gains 90, because they probably increased the regular Alakazams sp.def by 10 after making the mega...), Machamp and Golem should follow!

Mega Golem
80 120 130 55 65 45
--- +20 +50 --- +30 ---
80 140 180 55 95 45

(the changes are similar to Aggron. And that's because I would also get rid of it's Ground type (Golem looks less Ground-ish than it's pre-evolutions anyway) and change it's ability to Solid Rock to turn it into the toughest rock ever, especially in a Sandstorm team.)

Mega Machamp
90 130 80 65 85 55
--- +40 +20 --- +20 +20
90 170 100 65 105 75

(obviously it's attack needs to go to monster level, but its speed would probably also get a noteworthy boost apart from its defenses. No clue what to make of its ability, No Guard is already great stuff though)

As Maxie and Archie clearly have Mega Stones on them, it probably means what many were already speculating, Megas for Camerupt and Sharpedo.
Which is actually nice, as they are pokemon that really kinda suck even for 460 TBS (until Sharpedo got Speed Boost that is), but probably won't evolve regularly again ever anyway.

Mega Sharpedo - Speed Boost
70 120 40 95 40 95
--- +40 --- +30 --- +30
70 160 40 125 40 125

Mega Camerupt - Adaptability
70 100 70 105 75 40
--- +20 +20 +50 +20 -10
70 120 90 155 95 30

They're both mixed attackers with awesome combos to go along, with Sharpedo being fast with barely any defense, and Camerupt being slow as hell instead.
I boosted both their attacks to similar standard-mega-levels, focusing on physical for Sharpedo and special on Camerupt, while adding some more speed to Sharpedo (its defenses aren't going anywhere useful either way), but making Camerupts defenses more noticable.
I wish there was an ability that would give Water immunity due to immensely high body-temperature, but the only thing that comes close is WaterAbsorb....so Adaptability is the next cool thing I figured (oh my. Double STAB on ground and fire moves sounds lethal).
It would be much more interesting for Sharpedo to get a different ability from it's HA, as that way you could Protect to boost at first, and then mega after you're done, changing to something even more overpowered, but seeing how that went for Blaziken I'm assuming they would do the same in this case.

Mitja said:

70 85 65 105 85 120
--- +30 +10 20 --- +40
70 115 75 125 85 160

(the site only talks about its speed, which was its main stat anyway, so in the same manner as Blazikens attack went up by whooping 40, this should be the case with Sceptiles speed. Other than that, I'm very certain it's physical attack will get the next biggest boost, to justify Leaf Blade being it's signature attack once again.)

But why would they still have special attack higher than attack if they wanted to justify leaf blade? I think they may not add anything to Special and just add extra to attack

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:

70 85 65 105 85 120
--- +30 +10 20 --- +40
70 115 75 125 85 160

But why would they still have special attack higher than attack if they wanted to justify leaf blade? I think they may not add anything to Special and just add extra to attack

Leaf Blade was the signature attack in RSE, when all grass moves were special. They were just showcasing its signature, but it's still very special based.

Ohman177 said:
Mitja said:

70 85 65 105 85 120
--- +30 +10 20 --- +40
70 115 75 125 85 160

Yeah, but I think if
1. Attack rose higher than its sp.atk
2. Sp.atk rose more drastically instead
they would mention that said attack stat increases upon mega evolving on the official site. But all they mention is that it becomes fast as a flash.

But then again.. they really give us ambiguous info about this.
For example for Mega Houndoom, pokemonxy.com says "its Sp. Atk and Speed grow significantly" (110->140 & 95->115), it makes sense toleave out the sp.def (80->90), but the biggest change is it's defense going from 50 to 90.

Wait let me figure out what their logic is.

EDIT:
"improves a variety of Manectric's stats."
Sp.atk/speed both 105+30=135
both defenses 60+20=80
mentioning sp.atk and speed would have been the obvious, but they didn't say anything specific whatsoever LOL

"makes it even speedier" Aerodactyl
speed 130+20=150
attack 105+30=135
20 in each def and 10 sp.atk
that I would call "variety of stat changes". So the logic here was the stat that was already the highest, while the atk getting a bigger boost isn't mentioned.

"Atk, def, sp.atk greatly boosted" Gyarados
all three are +30 starting off at different numbers.
suddenly so specific, wtf.

But then Pinsir "Atk and speed increase"
when it's speed goes 85+20=105, but it's already bigger defense going 100+20=120 isn't worth noting.

I give up. There is no logic to it lol.

I want to bring this back up, anyone notice the picture in the bottom right?
cASieGs.jpg
I'm hooked that this is real now.

We haven't seen that picture before and it's obviously not photoshopped. That's enough evidence to keep this in the "Realistic" catagory

Reggie McGigas said:
it's obviously not photoshopped.

Why would you think that?

Reggie McGigas said:
cASieGs.jpg

We haven't seen that picture before and it's obviously not photoshopped. That's enough evidence to keep this in the "Realistic" catagory

I brought this up a couple pages back

I don't really trust it. There are no credible sources - zero reliable Pokemon news sites have reported it at all (I've seen some people claim it's a poster on facebook, but when I asked if they could post a picture of it on their wall or on a table or something they either ignored me or just said 'I can't do that') which makes me believe it's fake.
Also, on the bottom, Mega Diancie is shown. If these are all Mega Evolutions that are happening, then Diancie's silhouette should be along all the other Pokemon - it's not like they wouldn't know it has a Mega.
Either regular Diancie should be with the other Pokemon, or its Mega shouldn't be on the page.

Also, the rumoured Megas seem very close to ones I've seen on lists that fans post. (ie these Megas would be major fanservice) and whilst some of them do have evidence backing them up (Archie/Maxie having Mega Stones, Steven researching Mega Evolutions), a lot of other ones seem to be too close to fan wants.
I'm not saying that none of those Pokemon will get Megas, but it seems a bit off that a) nowhere official has anything about it and b) would Pokemon even make anything like this? I've seen pics from the Paris Pokemon Centre, and that would be a place for the poster if there was one.

His Goominess said:
Reggie McGigas said:
cASieGs.jpg

I don't really trust it. There are no credible sources - zero reliable Pokemon news sites have reported it at all (I've seen some people claim it's a poster on facebook, but when I asked if they could post a picture of it on their wall or on a table or something they either ignored me or just said 'I can't do that') which makes me believe it's fake.
Also, on the bottom, Mega Diancie is shown. If these are all Mega Evolutions that are happening, then Diancie's silhouette should be along all the other Pokemon - it's not like they wouldn't know it has a Mega.
Either regular Diancie should be with the other Pokemon, or its Mega shouldn't be on the page.

Also, the rumoured Megas seem very close to ones I've seen on lists that fans post. (ie these Megas would be major fanservice) and whilst some of them do have evidence backing them up (Archie/Maxie having Mega Stones, Steven researching Mega Evolutions), a lot of other ones seem to be too close to fan wants.
I'm not saying that none of those Pokemon will get Megas, but it seems a bit off that a) nowhere official has anything about it and b) would Pokemon even make anything like this? I've seen pics from the Paris Pokemon Centre, and that would be a place for the poster if there was one.

You're assuming Pokémon doesn't want to do what the fans want?

Also, I believe it isn't photoshopped because it doesn't have any clear evidence of being photoshopped. It looks like something Pokémon would release.

Diancie isn't in that list because it's only for the Hoenn Pokémon getting megas. They wouldn't want to reveal all the megas from every generation before the game releases, now would they?

In any case, it fooled me if it's fake

It's not like something Pokémon would release. There is no reason for them revealing so many mega-getters at once. Also, why would a poster that is supposed to reveal info that's coming much later only using screenshots that were all curiosly revealed on the same day or day before or so? Why no all-new screens? Actually if it focuses on megas why not only mega screens? Plus Kyogre and Groudon are not megas. The shadows look like something Pokémon wouldn't do in that way. The whole layout of the thing is kinda unprofessional. Etc. What's even the point of such a poster to exist?

Teal said:
It's not like something Pokémon would release. There is no reason for them revealing so many mega-getters at once. Also, why would a poster that is supposed to reveal info that's coming much later only using screenshots that were all curiosly revealed on the same day or day before or so? Why no all-new screens? Actually if it focuses on megas why not only mega screens? Plus Kyogre and Groudon are not megas. The shadows look like something Pokémon wouldn't do in that way. The whole layout of the thing is kinda unprofessional. Etc. What's even the point of such a poster to exist?

See bottom right screenshot. It's practically the only reason why I brought it up.

Umm. I already saw it. You had it like, with a red border and everything.
So? You can photoshop that in five minutes using two excisting pictures. Nothing all-new there.

Reggie McGigas said:
His Goominess said:

You're assuming Pokémon doesn't want to do what the fans want?

Also, I believe it isn't photoshopped because it doesn't have any clear evidence of being photoshopped. It looks like something Pokémon would release.

Diancie isn't in that list because it's only for the Hoenn Pokémon getting megas. They wouldn't want to reveal all the megas from every generation before the game releases, now would they?

In any case, it fooled me if it's fake

I'm not saying Pokemon doesn't want to do what fans want. I'm saying that it's too close to what fans want. They're all Pokemon that are generally wanted by fans to have Megas. I mean... knowing Pokemon, they'd throw some curveball or something unexpected.

You're not getting my thing about Diancie. If it isn't in the list of silhouettes, then why is a screenshot of its Mega at the bottom? It doesn't add up.

'no clear evidence of being photoshopped' - if someone's gonna make a shopped poster to fool people, then they're gonna take time so it looks legit and not photoshopped. The Latios image could be photoshopped from Sableye's Mega reveal vid.

And in any case, there aren't any reliable official sources that have the poster. This doesn't officially mean it's fake, but it's definitely not fully legitimate. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple turned out right (Camerupt, Sharpedo and Metagross come to mind), but I don't think all of them.
Also, introducing 12 Megas to a region that already has like 10 seems overkill. I know its a remake of Hoenn, but it doesn't mean that every Hoennmon needs a Mega. It seems unlikely they'd waste the current Hoenn Megas just for X/Y (and just because it's Hoenn doesn't mean that all Megas need to be Hoennmons, Diancie is proof of that) with a Hoenn game being released.

All existing images except for one that curiously has Latios in the exact same pose at the exact same angle as an older one? 10 year old Pokemon blacked out for no reason? Revealing every Mega in one poorly designed image?

110% real

To me the poster looks like someone discovered how to add an Outer glow effect to layers on photoshop xD

Back