ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Blob55 said:
Yet STILL no birds! They BETTER make Mega Swellow for Z.
Aerodactyl is a bird. Kinda.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

Teal said:
Blob55 said:
Yet STILL no birds! They BETTER make Mega Swellow for Z.
Aerodactyl is a bird. Kinda.

No. It's a giant flying lizard. I don't like it when people confuse flying lizards for birds. It's like thinking Emolga and Zubat are birds.

Sesquipedalian said:
I'm personally looking forward to a mega-evolution for Mega Blaziken. I think it's really unfair that the other two starters get mega-evolutions in this remake, but Mega Blaziken doesn't. Also, I'll be pretty irritated if GameFreak's fire starter fetish just suddenly stops - they gave Charizard two megas and gave Blaziken an ability that banned him to ubers; they can't let those other pesky types start to catch up.

What's next? What kind of an anarchy would allow two mega-evolutions for ALL the the gen. 1 starters, or ALL the starters from a given region getting mega-evolutions released early in an exclusive event?

I'm confused. Why would there me a mega evolution for a mega evolution? I don't think Blaze was left out, he was just released much, much earlier. =3

His Goominess said:
So apparently a poster or something featuring all the Mega evos from ORAS has been leaked on the interwebs

http://imgur.com/oKJWFfF

*NOTE* This is unconfirmed and could very easily be fake - don't get your hopes up.

I've seen several people on facebook say they've seen this and can 'confirm' its legitimacy (but obviously not a reliable source), and some people even claim to have the same poster. (again, unreliable)
The things that are drawing me away from this:
a) no reliable source. I've only seen this on fan pages on facebook, and we all know how gullible people are on the internet.
b) the Pokemon. The ones on the poster are all ones that have been hugely speculated to Mega Evolve, and some seem to be fanservice (Flygon, Salamence, Metagross)

I'm not sure if this has been around before Mega Sableye was revealed.
For now, I'd take this as fake - I am, at least until we get sufficient evidence (by that I mean like at least half of them confirmed as Megas).

It seems pretty fake to me, every image in the poster is something that has already been shown, just all photo-shopped together. Also, that's a lot of Mega Pokemon, enough to basically be all the new Mega's for the game. This sorta gives me the feeling that it's fake, I mean why would GameFreak give Mega-Evo's to only Gen3 pokes? Sure, it's a Gen3 remake, but Gen5 still has no Mega's and Gen3 already has a good amount of Mega Pokemon. I think making every single Pokemon on that list a Mega would make it a lot less rare to have a Mega-Evo, practicily every good Gen3 Pokemon would have one. Over all it just seems too poorly made to be an official poster, which again leads me to think it's photo-shopped.

I'd really love to see Mega Ludicolo though, I can't imagine an even more partyish form to this thing.

His Goominess said:
So apparently a poster or something featuring all the Mega evos from ORAS has been leaked on the interwebs

*NOTE* This is unconfirmed and could very easily be fake - don't get your hopes up.

I've seen several people on facebook say they've seen this and can 'confirm' its legitimacy (but obviously not a reliable source), and some people even claim to have the same poster. (again, unreliable)
a) no reliable source. I've only seen this on fan pages on facebook, and we all know how gullible people are on the internet.
b) the Pokemon. The ones on the poster are all ones that have been hugely speculated to Mega Evolve, and some seem to be fanservice (Flygon, Salamence, Metagross)

For now, I'd take this as fake - I am, at least until we get sufficient evidence (by that I mean like at least half of them confirmed as Megas).

No walrein :( . In all seriousness though, I don't think this is real. As people have said, all the photos have been seen before. Additionally, it seems really silly of game freak to silhouette pokemon that have already been revealed. They know that we will know what they are so why not just color them in. Or silhouette the megas. Additionally the lack of megas from other regions makes it lose credibility. It seems really unlikely in my mind that there will only be hoenn megas, especially with the Diancie reveal. Finally, the lack of sourcing confirms in my head that this photo is fake, although technically it exists so... My final conclusion is that it was not released by gamefreak, there.

Sesquipedalian said:
I'm personally looking forward to a mega-evolution for Mega Blaziken. I think it's really unfair that the other two starters get mega-evolutions in this remake, but Mega Blaziken doesn't. Also, I'll be pretty irritated if GameFreak's fire starter fetish just suddenly stops - they gave Charizard two megas and gave Blaziken an ability that banned him to ubers; they can't let those other pesky types start to catch up.

What's next? What kind of an anarchy would allow two mega-evolutions for ALL the the gen. 1 starters, or ALL the starters from a given region getting mega-evolutions released early in an exclusive event?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. A mega for a mega? No. Mega blaziken doesn't need anything else to add to his overall OPness.

If Metagross would get a Mega Evolution, it should keep its' Steel/Psychic combo and gain Filter to help it fare a little better in OU.

X & Y's metagame wasn't too kind towards it, especially with Steel losing its' sole resistance to Ghost and Dark in exchange for Fairy. A Mega might make it beneficial.

I also got more concepts as well now that I think about it.

Mega Zangoose (Normal/Fighting. It should retain Toxic Boost to be potentially devastating with its' high Attack and Speed. STAB'd Close Combats can really hurt, but it'll be epic to see nevertheless. I can see its' Kratos motive being expanded with a Mega Evolution.)
Mega Seviper (Poison/Dark. I think this combo works well, since Psychic Types are more common nowadays, especially with Poison being used to take down a Fairy in competitive grounds. The added Dark Type can help it switch in Psychic safely, but it will still be at risk being owned by Ground Type moves. It could gain Shed Skin to help it remove any Burns it might substain.)
Mega Torkoal (Fire/Steel. Since Eviolite's existence would mean any pre-Gen V Pokémon may no longer evolve, it does not prevent them getting Megas. Torkoal would benefit from immunity to Toxic and its' new Steel typing can help stand up to the likes of Archeops, Aurorus and Sylveon. It should probably gain Sturdy so that it can retaliate if the foe uses Earthquake or something like that against you.)
Mega Gallade (Psychic/Fighting. It isn't fair if Gardevoir got a Mega Evolution, yet Gallade didn't. Super Luck would be a great Ability for it, especially when used with Psycho Cut and Night Slash.)
Mega Altaria (Dragon/Fairy. Since it got Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam, yet no special Flying moves, Dragon/Fairy could be quite useful for Calm/Bold-natured users, especially with the loss of a weakness to Stealth Rock and 4x Ice damage.)
Mega Glalie (Ice/Dark. It should gain Refrigerate to support a devastating Explosion set. Being part Dark can help it gain an advantage over Froslass, but being Ice/Dark will leave it with a critical Fighting weakness.)
Mega Froslass (Ice/Ghost. It has a decent special movepool, so more Sp. Atk for it could be really beneficial. And it'll be fair for it to Mega Evolve if Glalie does get a Mega at some stage.)
Mega Huntail and Mega Gorebyss (Water/Dark and Water/Psychic respectively. Both should gain Swift Swim to really gain the upper hand in Rain-centred Tiers. Mega Huntail should gain a boost to its' Attack, while Gorebyss gains a boost for its' Sp. Atk. It should be fair if both get to Mega Evolve. Their Mega Stones could be version exclusive as well.)
Mega Salamence (Dragon/Flying. Give it Aerilate to enable it to use a very useful Return, Double-Edge and/or Hyper Beam in competitive grounds. It won't have to be stuck with Aerial Ace and Fly anymore with Aerilate.)

Do you guys think we are gonna get version exclusives for the same pokemon like Charizard X & Y?

My list for Megas

~ Mega Ludicolo
~ Mega Shiftry
~ Mega Breloom
~ Mega Milotic
~ Mega Flygon
~ Mega Altaria
~ Mega Tropius
~ Mega Exploud
~ Mega Metagross
~ Mega Cactune

Mega Luxray, maybe getting Tough Claws and a boost in speed. Right now it's just kinda sad... i want my favorite pokemon to actually be useful :c

For actual 3rd gen mons, besides some of the posted ones;

Mega Delcatty. I used one in my first Emerald game and he kicked butt.... then I looked at their base stats. -cringes-

Mega Swellow. I think I've seen this one posted once or twice but its really glass and doesnt hardly hit very hard. Which sucks because it's such a cool bird, I love both their designs <3

Mega Pelipper. The somewhat in-region counterpart to Swellow, it's a better tank and more useful typing, but if swellow gets a mega this guy should too.

Mega Kecleon. Ahahaha I don't even know. They're so fun to catch but then I never do anything with them.

Mega Beautifly/Dustox. Death by insect, yes please. Unlikely though </3

Mega Masquerain. I think I trained one in Colo/XD and it was super fun but pretty glass. And just imagine for a minute what a mega of this thing would look like.

Mega Wailord. Mega Wailord.

Mega; Solrock/Lunatone, Milotic, Crawdaunt, Castform, Claydol, Chimecho, Relicanth, Luvdisk, Jirachi and Deoxys

At least some of these would be cool [especially Delcatty]

His Goominess said:

OMG It's so fake I could vomit....

Anyway, I hope that Mega Altaria and Flygon happen :D Yay dragons!!

I also hope Torkoal gets one.. And now become Water/Fire :)

His Goominess said:

One thing that tips me off as it being fake is that the poster says "New Mega-Evolved Pokemon!" However We've already learned that Mega Diancie will be a new Mega in the game, yet her silhouette is left out. It couldn't be because she was already revealed, because she was revealed AFTER Mega Sableye and his mega is in the screenshot right next to hers. So that sticks out to me. I will also say that I disagree that this is alot of new megas. I think it's an appropriate amount considering we might not even have access to all of the previously revealed megas in game and some being version exclusive. Even though it's a remake, Hoenn did have Pokemon from others gens in the pokedex that could very well get megas. I don't see why the new ones would all have to be from that generation. Especially when most of the megas already are either 3rd gen or available in the 3rd gen pokedex.

I want a mega Bellossom.

I also don't think megas have anything to do with being "rare." It's just an extension of your pokemon. I would think that in the future we will see alot more megas. Right now there are over 700 Pokemon and only 37 current megas. This number is including the 6 unreleased megas (Swampert, Sceptile, Latios, latias, Sableye, & Diancie) and counting both of charizard's and mewtwo's. There are alot of Pokemon that deserve a Mega and I'm sure GF would invent more so that there would eventually be vast diversity. With the limited number at the moment, it's a bit predictable when someone is about to unleash a mega.

I do also want to point out that the new megas could depend on what types are needed. Ice and Normal only have one each while psychic has seven according the bulbapedia. Also the only Pokemon to have dual megas are from gen 1... So they could change things up based on these facts.

Thief said:
His Goominess said:

One thing that tips me off as it being fake is that the poster says "New Mega-Evolved Pokemon!" However We've already learned that Mega Diancie will be a new Mega in the game, yet her silhouette is left out. It couldn't be because she was already revealed, because she was revealed AFTER Mega Sableye and his mega is in the screenshot right next to hers. So that sticks out to me. I will also say that I disagree that this is alot of new megas. I think it's an appropriate amount considering we might not even have access to all of the previously revealed megas in game and some being version exclusive. Even though it's a remake, Hoenn did have Pokemon from others gens in the pokedex that could very well get megas. I don't see why the new ones would all have to be from that generation. Especially when most of the megas already are either 3rd gen or available in the 3rd gen pokedex.

I want a mega Bellossom.

I also don't think megas have anything to do with being "rare." It's just an extension of your pokemon. I would think that in the future we will see alot more megas. Right now there are over 700 Pokemon and only 37 current megas. This number is including the 6 unreleased megas (Swampert, Sceptile, Latios, latias, Sableye, & Diancie) and counting both of charizard's and mewtwo's. There are alot of Pokemon that deserve a Mega and I'm sure GF would invent more so that there would eventually be vast diversity. With the limited number at the moment, it's a bit predictable when someone is about to unleash a mega.

I do also want to point out that the new megas could depend on what types are needed. Ice and Normal only have one each while psychic has seven according the bulbapedia. Also the only Pokemon to have dual megas are from gen 1... So they could change things up based on these facts.

But remember that out of over 700 Pokémon, only fully evolved Pokémon can get Megas, so it's much less than 700 viable Pokémon.

Although it would be weird for it as it's version exclusive to Ruby, but I have a feeling Mega Sableye will have a version that holds a sapphire. xD

Mitja said:
Although it would be weird for it as it's version exclusive to Ruby, but I have a feeling Mega Sableye will have a version that holds a sapphire. xD

Maybe we will have tree variations of Sableye....Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald...
Take a look at the crystals on its back

nSSDzLI.png

I want an evolution and a mega evolution for Girafarig... not to mention better moves and abilities. Seriously, Girafarig is the most unloved pokemon ever. It would be my favorite if it were in any way usable!

There are lots of gen 3 Pokemons that need to be toughened up in OR/AS. When Mega Sableye was revealed, Sableye just looks creepy. According to the trailer it stated that Sableye's Mega stone is obtainable in both OR/AS, implying that there's no version exclusive Mega stone for Sableye, however Sableye is a version exclusive Pokemon to Sapphire, if my memory serves me right?

Impatien said:
I want an evolution and a mega evolution for Girafarig... not to mention better moves and abilities. Seriously, Girafarig is the most unloved pokemon ever. It would be my favorite if it were in any way usable!

There's a slight chance that we would see other new Mega evolutions for past generation Pokemons in OR/AS. But I feel they will focus on gen 3 Pokemons this time.

Blob55 said:
But remember that out of over 700 Pokémon, only fully evolved Pokémon can get Megas, so it's much less than 700 viable Pokémon.

While it is true that only fully evolved pokemon can mega evolve, there are more fully evolved pokemon than you might think. I roughly counted all of the fully evolved pokemon, note that my counting was probably not perfect, and came up with a number around 375. While this isn't nearly as many as 718, it is over half of that so they have a lot of material to go through.

Kron said:
Mitja said:

Maybe we will have tree variations of Sableye....Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald...
Take a look at the crystals on its back

nSSDzLI.png

I was thinking that there can't be more since they'd be called Mega Sableye R/S or such (like the X and Y for pokes with 2 megas), but then I realized that the battle screen keeps calling them just Mewtwo and Charizard , with the mega symbol next to their names: http://i.imgur.com/eNMmfKF.jpg

So unless we see a screenshot of Sableyite, there is no telling if it's the only mega it gets.

But being exclusive to Sapphire, that would be a weird choice. Finding a mega stone for something you can't even catch. I doubt there are more.

I am 98% sure that we will get a Salamence or Metagross mega. Also, I am hoping gen 6 starters to get Megan too, if Diancie is getting one.

Back