XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

New Megas....are...AMAZING.

Charizard:
Awesome spiked lizard of DEATH. BIGGER WINGS. BIGGER FLAME.
ALL THE AWESOME!

Blastoise:
More cannons, MORE AWESOMENESS.
It became so awesome, that it's cannons merged into one SIX-MILE SHOOTING CANNON.
And if that wasn't enough, it has cannons on it's HANDS.

Venusaur:
It grew a FREAKING RAINFOREST ON ITS BACK.
Flower on its head? Just further proves how awesome it is.
It survives everything. Practically EVERYTHING.
Blizzard? Ah, doesn't care.
Fire storm? Try harder pls.

CONCLUSION:
KANTO MEGA STARTERS ARE AWESOME. PERIOD.

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

This has probably been said already, but Dunsparce. I've been waiting for all those Dunsparce hints to lead up to something. Personally, I would like him to have an official evolution, but maybe what they were leading him up to was a Mega, if anything at all. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
I can definitely see him being a Normal/Ground and maybe even doing well competitively.

As for a Pokemon I actually really want to see have a Mega.... Kecleon. Kinda random I know, but I have a feeling that he would do wonders with a new ability and some stat raises. It totally isn't just because I love chameleons. He could use the boost and I think he'd look awesome.

I feel I should mention again that Garchomp should not get a Mega evolution. For hopefully obvious reasons. I posted this in a different thread but this one seems more appropriate.
MegaGarchomp_zps4f1a9cd7.png

Other than Dunsparce I don't really like this concept. Mega's will be probably overhyped until people realize how important the ability to have an item is. Those that still function well will probably be broken due to massive stats and broken abilities.

I'm predicting that Mega will get its own tier, right in between OU and Uber.

Zielo said:

Lemme gues Mawile is useless in that tier? Except to slay ampharos.

I wouldn't mind Mega Machamp with 6 arms instead of 4 especially Mega Infernape looking like SSJ3 Goku from DBZ with it's flaming hair by it's waist. As for the Kanto Starter Mega Evolutions I wasn't that disappointed with them at all, however Blastoise had the best looking Mega Evolution compared to Venusaur and Charizard.

Ohman177 said:
J.D. said:
Yeah, I believe I pointed that out (in fact, it's right there in my post you quoted)... as well as the fact that Magic Bounce counters Dark Void as well, (it doesn't just block it, it reflects it back at the user,) along with all the other things it can counter. So unless I'm reading it wrong, Magic Bounce is clearly the superior ability, able to do what Insomnia does, and yet so much more.
What I teach my little brothers:
You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course I throw fits all the time lol so I'm not one to talk. But I usually do it when something is clearly wrong. As for this, it's perfectly fine and great. Besides, magic bounce belongs to the beauty that is Mega Absol.
I'm not throwing a fit... I just think they could be doing better... especially for Mewtwo, the Pokemon that was supposed to be the ultimate Pokemon...

zappy800 said:
Zielo said:

Lemme gues Mawile is useless in that tier? Except to slay ampharos.
With her type combo (neutral to Steel, immune to Poison; if the rumors are true, she gains no weaknesses), increased defenses and Huge Power, and leading off with Intimidate, it's hard to see how Mega Mawile will be useless... unless her stat increases aren't that much better, of course.

With huge power we know her attack will be fantastic.

Magic question: Since Mega Blaziken and Mega Kanto starters have been confirmed, do you think all starters from all generations will be getting a Mega Evolution?

Sorry if this was asked before; I haven't posted in a while, but any speculation on what changes will happen to Scizor with his mega form? I hope he doesn't loose the Technician ability, lol.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]:I edited your post Bloodronin. Please remember to use correct spelling and grammar!

[private]Edited for grammar. *Drohn
sorry if this was asked b4 (haven't posted in a while) but any speculation on what changes will happen to scizor with his mega form? hope he doesn't loose technician ability lol
[/private]

FT10 said:
Magic question: Since Mega Blaziken and Mega Kanto starters have been confirmed, do you think all starters from all generations will be getting a Mega Evolution?
Lots of people think this, and have been thinking this since Blaziken got a Mega Evo (since why would Blaziken get one, but not the others?).

Bloodronin said:
Sorry if this was asked before; I haven't posted in a while, but any speculation on what changes will happen to Scizor with his mega form? I hope he doesn't loose the Technician ability, lol.
Strange question to ask, since we can't say for certain Scizor will get a Mega Evo (currently, its just a rumor), but if it does get a Mega Evo, and it's anything like every other Mega Evo, then yeah it probably will loose Technician.

P.DelSlayer said:
You do realise that without Insomnia, Darkrai can switch in to Mewtwo and use Dark Void, and then OHKO it?

For Mega Mewtwo, it's main counter loses a huge advantage. Insomnia is a blessing from the gods.
Just realized this, but if Darkrai can OHKO Mewtwo, then what's the point of switching in and using Dark Void, when it could just switch in and OHKO it instead? Unless you meant 2HKO it, you've just invalidated the usefulness of Insomnia, haven't you? (Or am I missing something?)

J.D. said:
P.DelSlayer said:
You do realise that without Insomnia, Darkrai can switch in to Mewtwo and use Dark Void, and then OHKO it?

For Mega Mewtwo, it's main counter loses a huge advantage. Insomnia is a blessing from the gods.
Just realized this, but if Darkrai can OHKO Mewtwo, then what's the point of switching in and using Dark Void, when it could just switch in and OHKO it instead? Unless you meant 2HKO it, you've just invalidated the usefulness of Insomnia, haven't you? (Or am I missing something?)

He meant 2HKO cause that's what it is.

Quick question, I'm hoping it's not only me thinking this (doubt I am). Does anyone else think all the starters will MegaEvolve? HEar me out. Clearly the whole sequence is done only when you share a special bond with said Pokemon. Meaning happiness, simple enough. But, what Pokemon is there with you from beginning to end (most times)? Your starter. . .
Now, we've seen that 4 Starters get megaevolutions, and it seems we're bound to see the rest of the third gen starters get them as well. Perhaps, since it's based on the "bond" between a trainer and his Pokemon, who better to show it off with than the one that's there with you the entire way through?

I have to agree with this, The only ones I think may not get an mv are the kalos starters.

I reckon the 6th gen starters are gonna get mega evos, I mean out of all the starters they seem most likely and since 4 other starters are getting them I'd say its pretty safe to say they'll probably get them too, but man mega evolution fenniken.. rather excited!

I'd still prefer permanent evolutions for the Kalos Starters over mega evolutions since the permanent evolutions of the Unova Starters in Gen V were very lackluster except for Tepig. Although I would give the Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Starters mega evolutions especially Infernape since it would look amazing as one as I mentioned before. Mega evolutions still feels like Digimon to me but it feels like Game Freak thinks most Pokemon fans are also Digimon fans when that's not the case at all. Aside from the Anime series I never really got into Digimon that much.

Personally though If the Digimon franchise never existed I don't think people would be making such a fuss about mega evolutions in Pokemon X and Y. The fact that it was released in 1996 in Japan which is a year after Pokemon's Japanese debut in 1995 is very coincedental not to mention the allegations that Digimon is a blatant rip-off of Tamagotchi where as Pokemon was sort of based on a North American franchise called "Monster in My Pocket" although I don't think it counts because it didn't make as much of an impact on pop culture like Pokemon has which seems to have dissipated in the last decade.

It's hard to see where GF will draw the line as to which Pokemon get Mega Evolutions. We've seen legendary pokemon (Mewtwo), powerful competitive pokemon (Blaziken and Lucario), not very commonly used pokemon (Mawile), and now starter pokemon (the three Kanto ones). This proves that ANY pokemon has the possibility to Mega Evolve. It might not be a stretch to say that any pokemon CAN Mega Evolve. Granted, it would take so much effort to give every fully evolved pokemon its own Mega Evolution, but eventually, couldn't this be possible?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I love Kangaskhan's Mega Evolution especially it's Ability allowing the Pokemon to hit twice, The Mega Evolution makes sense!

I believe that the Mega Evolutions will be for many starters and non-evolvable Pokemon, As for me I'd love to see Sableye to have a Megaevolution; Is it that bad? I mean, Sableye's stats aren't that great, nor it's Ability... I also wish to see Aerodactyl's MegaEvolution since it's great without one, but with one I bet it'd be much quicker and with greater attack! Plus, like I continue saying, "It does not have an evolution". It looks pretty bad as how it is in a great way! I'd bet it'd rank up into maybe a Uber or OU.

Ohman177 said:
Card Slinger J said:
I'd still prefer permanent evolutions for the Kalos Starters over mega evolutions since the permanent evolutions of the Unova Starters in Gen V were very lackluster except for Tepig. Although I would give the Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Starters mega evolutions especially Infernape since it would look amazing as one as I mentioned before. Mega evolutions still feels like Digimon to me but it feels like Game Freak thinks most Pokemon fans are also Digimon fans when that's not the case at all. Aside from the Anime series I never really got into Digimon that much.

Personally though If the Digimon franchise never existed I don't think people would be making such a fuss about mega evolutions in Pokemon X and Y. The fact that it was released in 1996 in Japan which is a year after Pokemon's Japanese debut in 1995 is very coincedental not to mention the allegations that Digimon is a blatant rip-off of Tamagotchi where as Pokemon was sort of based on a North American franchise called "Monster in My Pocket" although I don't think it counts because it didn't make as much of an impact on pop culture like Pokemon has which seems to have dissipated in the last decade.

People who compare it are just losers who've only ever watched dubs where they call the highest level Mega instead of the actual name, Ultimate. If it was any other name, most would be fine with it.

No need to be so negative about people stating their opinions! ;)
I can see where they are coming from with the comparison. Although the names "Mega" and "Ultimate" are different, one major difference between the two used to be that Digimon could revert back to previous forms, like Mega Evolutions do too now. Also the Ring and Digivice seem to have similar effects to me.

Even though I see similarities to Digimon (it's not the same, however), I am still a fan of Mega Evolution!

Tatertot said:
It's hard to see where GF will draw the line as to which Pokemon get Mega Evolutions. We've seen legendary pokemon (Mewtwo), powerful competitive pokemon (Blaziken and Lucario), not very commonly used pokemon (Mawile), and now starter pokemon (the three Kanto ones). This proves that ANY pokemon has the possibility to Mega Evolve. It might not be a stretch to say that any pokemon CAN Mega Evolve. Granted, it would take so much effort to give every fully evolved pokemon its own Mega Evolution, but eventually, couldn't this be possible?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I really don't see every final form Pokemon getting a Mega Evolution, even with the prospect of future generations bringing newer Mega Evos to previous Pokemon.

For one, there doesn't seem to be much point to giving a Mega Evo to some Pokemon, such as the Pokedex fillers (early bugs, birds and rodents, for example), the gimmick Pokemon (they'd loose their gimmick, wouldn't they?) and Pokemon that already possess alternate forms (since their old forms would loose all purpose). Then there are the Pokemon that already work perfectly fine the way they are, like Sigilyph and Excadrill; changing them (or their abilities, which all Mega Pokemon has so far recieved) could cause more problems than benefits.

I'm also fairly confident that super rare Pokemon, specifically the rarest of legendaries, wouldn't get a Mega Evo. Mewtwo is a special case, being man-made (I'm probably wrong, but still think Mega Stones and Mega Evos are man-made in some way) and connected to the "first Pokemon" (not to mention the fact that he's the only 680 BST Pokemon not to be a box legendary), but most other legendaries, such as the box legendaries and various legendary trios, seem to exist to serve a specific purpose (basically, they're gimmick Pokemon) and giving them a Mega Evo could remove them from that purpose.

mega charizard said:
I have to agree with this, The only ones I think may not get an mv are the kalos starters.

Maybe not in X/Y, but it does seem to be an inevitability... perhaps the third game/sequel games will bring them?

Back