XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: Mega Evolution: What Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I would like to see a Mega-Typhlosion but with flames holes in its forehead like Quilava, looking like the feathered crests of roman/greek helmets and with the back of its body all in flames, after all it is the "volcano Pokémon".

98Greener said:
Um, Mega Persian?
I dunno what it would look like. Just a whole lot more epic, and maybe it would have jewels all over it. Psychic powers maybe.

No, not just one Mega cat.
Make all the cats mega.
Fear my army of Mega cats!

I've seen this artwork for a Persian's evolution and I loved it...
http://prinny-dood.deviantart.com/art/Fake-Pokemon-Saberoar-54578845

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

TheDunsparceKid said:
[sprite]206[/sprite] I believe Dunsparce Mega Evolution will be revealed in this months Corocoro, and I have an idea for what it could be.
Mega Dunsparce
Ability- Potion Sickness: Potions heal double the health than they normally do, and also gives the Pokemon an Attack boost, but badly poisons the Pokemon in 2 turns.
Mega Dunsparce gets an Attack and Speed boost upon Mega Evolving.
Dunsparce must hold Dunsparcium to Mega Evolve.
Thoughts?

[private]I removed this sentence for mentioning alcohol: (It's a reference to Tsuchinoko, the alcohol consuming creature Dunsparce is based off of.). *Drohn [/private]

Dunsparce needs an evolution or two first and then its evolution can get a Mega Evolution. That said the ability would probably give the game a higher rating than usual because I doubt that reference would get past the ESRB, they would probably have the name changed to something that references food poisoning first. The reference would also probably really only work in Japan because they are a lot more lax on what can be on T.V. Anyone remember the old man that wanted coffee? In the Japanese versions of the original games he was not on the ground because of coffee, just do the math here.

That said, I would really like to see a Mega Mew. We have a Mega Mewtwo so why shouldn't there be a Mega Mew?

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

Raptor there isn't anything about their "potion sickness" idea that the ESRB would have a problem with. We already have poison pokemon and incredibly violent moves and pokedex entries, it's not a very overt drug reference and the name only calls to mind the phrase "motion sickness."

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Raptor9229 said:
That said, I would really like to see a Mega Mew. We have a Mega Mewtwo so why shouldn't there be a Mega Mew?

Many people are expecting one.
The rumour said that we'd have 2 new Mewtwo formes; the one unrevealed was more Mew-like.

Since Newtwo was revealed to be Mega Mewtwo, most people made the assumption that the leaker saw Mega Mew, but not knowing about Mega Evolution thought that it was another Mewtwo forme.

I really really really want a Mega Mamoswine. With Snow Warning.
On that note, more weather-inducing Megas:
Sun:
-Charizard (confirmed)
-Sunflora

Hail:
-Mamoswine
-Froslass (Glalie would also get a Mega)

Rain:
-Swampert (I would've wanted it to be Blastoise, but no, and Swampert seems like the better candidate of the other Water starters for Drizzle, unless Froakie's evo has it)
-Ludicolo

Sand:
-Sandslash
-Krookodile

P.DelSlayer said:
I really really really want a Mega Mamoswine. With Snow Warning.
On that note, more weather-inducing Megas:
Sun:
-Charizard (confirmed)
-Sunflora

Hail:
-Mamoswine
-Froslass (Glalie would also get a Mega)

Rain:
-Swampert (I would've wanted it to be Blastoise, but no, and Swampert seems like the better candidate of the other Water starters for Drizzle, unless Froakie's evo has it)
-Ludicolo

Sand:
-Sandslash
-Krookodile
Yeah a mega sunflora would not only boost its abysmal stats, but also give it an ability you'd think it'd have by now. Also, maybe only mega Glalie get snow warning that way it could be like a partner thing where he makes the snow and froslass uses snow cloak in it. For rain I was thinking Manaphy could get a mega evo maybe and he'd have it. Kyogre is the king of the sea and he has it, why shouldn't the prince? For sand I'd say Mega Flygon because he LIVES in sand storms and is known by the sound he makes in it when he flaps his wings. Plus a mega could integrate his goggles more and maybe a mask.

RE: Mega-Evolved Pokémon: What do you think of the revealed Pokémon and what would you like to see?

I want:

megabellossom: much more speed and drought.
megavileplume: HP and defense with effect spore.
it's stupid bellossom and vileplume have the same stats being one a big ass flower and the other something that could possibly fit into a shoebox.
meganidoqueen: more defense, attack and huge power, also, more ground moves. cool ones.
meganinetales: cursed body. actually, nevermind the megaevo, ninetales should have cursed body from the start.
megalanturn: more speed and sp. attack, plus speed boost. It seems weird, but I just see lanturn and think of a very fast fish. awesome also. It could become more streamlined in the megaevo.

Now that it is completely clear that Mega evolutions are not drastic changes in the design, but more like... additions to the design, I am completely on board with Mega evolution. However, I do wish that Mawile and Absol had REAL evolutions.

professorlight said:
meganidoqueen: more defense, attack and huge power, also, more ground moves. cool ones.

About this. Have you ever noticed how nidoqueen's pokedex entries state that it protects its young like crazy, yet she can't breed.
Ex. "It will protect the young in its burrow with its life."
"This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young."
I'm thinking they could make a mega of her and give it Parental Bond and work something out with a nidoran. It's unlikely but it'd be really cool and make her crazy strong. Maybe instead of nidoran they make it nidorino so it could be that she realized her baby nidoran have grown up and can fight as well.

Ohman177 said:
professorlight said:

About this. Have you ever noticed how nidoqueen's pokedex entries state that it protects its young like crazy, yet she can't breed.
Ex. "It will protect the young in its burrow with its life."
"This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young."
I'm thinking they could make a mega of her and give it Parental Bond and work something out with a nidoran. It's unlikely but it'd be really cool and make her crazy strong. Maybe instead of nidoran they make it nidorino so it could be that she realized her baby nidoran have grown up and can fight as well.

I thought the exact same at first, it's a shame that such a good ability is present in only one pokemon. I thought maybe nidoqueen summons a nidoran, but that was too outlandish. maybe if the mega form includes a nidoran...

NO. NIDOQUEEN'S MEGAFORM IS NIDOQUEEN + NIDOKING. AND NIDOKING'S MEGAFORM IS THE SAME. AND THEY HAVE PARENTAL BOND. not like mother and son, but as husband and wife, and parents. YES. AND NIDOQUEEN HAS HAIR. LOTS OF HAIR.

Nidoqueen is awesome, and nidoking is one badass m**********, just imagine both in battle at the same time.

professorlight said:
megalanturn: more speed and sp. attack, plus speed boost. It seems weird, but I just see lanturn and think of a very fast fish. awesome also. It could become more streamlined in the megaevo.

I'm sorry but no.

Lanturn is meant to be a special wall. Giving it more attack and speed is totally counterproductive to what is already has going.
The only ability I'd want it to have would be Levitate (to make a mini-RotomW), but since that ability is laughably dumb on Lanturn then Volt Absorb/Water Absorb will do.

Lanturn could even benefit from a real evo as opposed to a mega evo. It only has a 460 BST, so that could easily be made 530 or something, with more special and physical bulk, and a bit of special attack.
Something like:
HP - 135
Def - 98
Atk - 38
SpA - 86
SpD - 106
Spe - 67
BST of 530.
Now all it needs is Parabolic Charge to help recover HP, and it's set.
Theorymon:
Lanturn evo @Lefties
252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 Def
-Parabolic Charge
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic / Heal Bell / Thunder Wave / Volt Switch

ParaCharge for HP regain, Scald for burning, Ice Beam for coverage on Dragons and Grass types that otherwise wall Lanturn's STAB. The last slot can either be used to deal out some status conditions, heal your teams own status conditions, or have Volt Switch if you wanna do something with that.

I really need to stop.

I'm sure you guys know this, but did I call it or what, mega charizard I mean.
[private]Meh, I guess we can allow it, since he did make it his username and all :p [/private]

Finch182 said:
To allow proper discussion, future posts about Mega Pokémon you would like to see should include arguments that support why the Pokémon deserves/needs a mega form and how the form can fix that. Personal preference should be elaborated with possible changes to design! Otherwise, think of competitive play: stats, types, abilities, weaknesses, strengths, etc. or other valid arguments! *[mod]Drohn[/mod]

So, now we know X and Y will contain 'Mega Formes' of older Pokemon, which Pokemon would you love to see go MEGA?!

Personally, I would love to see Blastoise, Charizard, Snorlax, Wailord and Alakazam.

What about you guys?

I'd be okay with all of the pseudo's getting a mega form. GF seems to sort favor them anyway, so it makes sense to me. Also, Megagross would freaking rock.

professorlight said:
I want:

megabellossom: much more speed and drought.
megavileplume: HP and defense with effect spore.
it's stupid bellossom and vileplume have the same stats being one a big ass flower and the other something that could possibly fit into a shoebox.
meganinetales: cursed body. actually, nevermind the megaevo, ninetales should have cursed body from the start.

Nidoqueen with increased attack and huge power? That'll give it a base attack stat of somewhere around 180. EV'd, holding a choice band, and with STAB earthquake, that would be absolutely ridiculous.

P.DelSlayer said:
professorlight said:

I'm sorry but no.

Lanturn is meant to be a special wall. Giving it more attack and speed is totally counterproductive to what is already has going.
The only ability I'd want it to have would be Levitate (to make a mini-RotomW), but since that ability is laughably dumb on Lanturn then Volt Absorb/Water Absorb will do.

Lanturn could even benefit from a real evo as opposed to a mega evo. It only has a 460 BST, so that could easily be made 530 or something, with more special and physical bulk, and a bit of special attack.
Something like:
HP - 135
Def - 98
Atk - 38
SpA - 86
SpD - 106
Spe - 67
BST of 530.
Now all it needs is Parabolic Charge to help recover HP, and it's set.
Theorymon:
Lanturn evo @Lefties
252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 Def
-Parabolic Charge
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic / Heal Bell / Thunder Wave / Volt Switch

ParaCharge for HP regain, Scald for burning, Ice Beam for coverage on Dragons and Grass types that otherwise wall Lanturn's STAB. The last slot can either be used to deal out some status conditions, heal your teams own status conditions, or have Volt Switch if you wanna do something with that.

I really need to stop.

Yeah, you are freaking me out... don't go to smogon anymore, that place is corrupting, like dromund kaas, or korriban... or hollywood.

On the other hand, I forgot about parabolic charge, I hope lanturn gets it.

So, about today's reveal...

Can't say that was a shock in any way, what with the Kanto starters getting Mega Evos. Don't know if I really like the new designs though...

Mega Venusaur is easily the coolest, even with that random, featureless flower on its head. ...I'll probably get this guy first...

Mega Charizard comes next in terms of design quality, though that single horn in the center of its head is really silly looking; would have looked much cooler if it had two additional horns, each one positioned next to one of its original two.

Mega Blastoise... wow... what to be said about that. It lost its twin cannons just to grow a single, massive cannon on its back... plus two more cannons on its wrists? It's okay, but really... I dunno... it's strange. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make something this bulky looking a quadruped? And to make matters worse, the battle animation shows it launching water attacks from its mouth... so, why does it have the massive cannon and the Launcher ability if it's just going to shoot attacks from its mouth?

Lastly, more points to our rumor provider! Sycamore lets the player pick a Kanto starter confirmed!

mega charizard said:
I'm sure you guys know this, but did I call it or what, mega charizard I mean.
Not to rain on your parade, but pretty much everyone called it...

Rand said:
Nidoqueen with increased attack and huge power? That'll give it a base attack stat of somewhere around 180. EV'd, holding a choice band, and with STAB earthquake, that would be absolutely ridiculous.
Mega Pokemon can't hold choice items, since they're too busy holding their mega stones...

-EDIT-

And while it's on my mind, I'd once again like to say how much I hate that Mega Mewtwo got stiffed with something as stupid as Insomnia. Yeah, it makes him immune to Darkrai's Dark Void and Sleep in general, but then so does Magic Bounce, and that also comes with an immunity to just about every other sort of status and special effect in the game... if a Pokemon like Mega Absol or even Alakazam could have Magic Bounce, why not Mewtwo (who seems far more likely to be capable of wielding such a powerful ability)?

Honestly, I'm starting to think GF is really mishandling the potential of Mega Evolution... this was their chance to 'perfect' older Pokemon, and it seems they're wasting it. In some ways, it seems like all they're doing it giving a character a quick redesign, slapping on a new ability and a power boost and calling it a Mega Evolution, without taking a moment to figure out a Pokemon's actual flaws and how they could be corrected.

J.D. said:
And while it's on my mind, I'd once again like to say how much I hate that Mega Mewtwo got stiffed with something as stupid as Insomnia. Yeah, it makes him immune to Darkrai's Dark Void and Sleep in general, but then so does Magic Bounce, and that also comes with an immunity to just about every other sort of status and special effect in the game... if a Pokemon like Mega Absol or even Alakazam could have Magic Bounce, why not Mewtwo (who seems far more likely to be capable of wielding such a powerful ability)?

You do realise that without Insomnia, Darkrai can switch in to Mewtwo and use Dark Void, and then OHKO it?

For Mega Mewtwo, it's main counter loses a huge advantage. Insomnia is a blessing from the gods.

This isn't what I would like to see but instead what probably gonna happen: Kalos starter's mega-evos. I'm guessing that by this time the final evolutions of these guys should have already been shown or leaked so the only reason that I can see for all this mystery is that they too will have Mega-Evos or, since they're from the region, the final 3rd stage will actualy be a mega-evo but permanent.

Mega Charizard is a little dissappointing, it doesn't really look like Charizard anymore, it looks more like a smaller new Pokémon. Mega Blastoise is okay, I like its arm shields. Mega Venusaur has a pretty decent design I think, almost Torterra-like, with a small rainforest on its back. It's just that Charizard.. what those wings on its arms? I'm sure they could've come up with a design that is more true to its original form.

P.DelSlayer said:
J.D. said:

You do realise that without Insomnia, Darkrai can switch in to Mewtwo and use Dark Void, and then OHKO it?

For Mega Mewtwo, it's main counter loses a huge advantage. Insomnia is a blessing from the gods.
Yeah, I believe I pointed that out (in fact, it's right there in my post you quoted)... as well as the fact that Magic Bounce counters Dark Void as well, (it doesn't just block it, it reflects it back at the user,) along with all the other things it can counter. So unless I'm reading it wrong, Magic Bounce is clearly the superior ability, able to do what Insomnia does, and yet so much more.

J.D. said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Yeah, I believe I pointed that out (in fact, it's right there in my post you quoted)... as well as the fact that Magic Bounce counters Dark Void as well, (it doesn't just block it, it reflects it back at the user,) along with all the other things it can counter. So unless I'm reading it wrong, Magic Bounce is clearly the superior ability, able to do what Insomnia does, and yet so much more.
What I teach my little brothers:
You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Of course I throw fits all the time lol so I'm not one to talk. But I usually do it when something is clearly wrong. As for this, it's perfectly fine and great. Besides, magic bounce belongs to the beauty that is Mega Absol.

I'd prefer if they didn't give the Kalos starters Mega Evolutions in this game. I'd rather they wait for Kalos Mega's so the Pokémon can be fully supported and used beforehand, then give them Megalutions in the future once people are used to the new Pokémon.

Back