XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Mitja said:
Mewtwo was THE candidate for this thing.
-Mew makes perfect sense to follow it.

I was actually thinking if maybe Mewtwo could be involved with the story in X and Y or maybe even later down the road with potential Z or sequels.
Only because he has been very popular lately in media promotions AND you receive him in game apparently. Of course the Demo that we've seen looks nothing more than just a pieced together synopsis for a demo rather than a snippet of the game, so I was thinking maybe Mewtwo will be available somehow or the same way later. It would be amazing to bring back a classic legendary and give him the game cover he deserves. (Come on you guys, Mewtwo totally deserves that since he didn't get it in GRBY.)

MuhFugginMoose said:
P.DelSlayer said:
There could be a game where you normally obtain Blazikenite. Where does Blaziken come from? Hoenn. I'm not saying anything, but this is like the first possible pointer towards a possible Hoenn remake.

Maybe a G1, G2, G3, and G4 remake as well. I mean where did Mewtwo [Kangaskhan], Ampharos, and Lucario come from? Lol
I'll tell you, fan favorites.

Well the only difference is that Blaziken is a starter. All of the starters are popular. (Give or take an Oshawatt) It doesn't strike anyone else as odd that they went back and decided on a Gen 3 Starter? I mean really any choice would be an indication that they could be referencing to something. Think about with Gen 4 and all of the references to Gen 2 before SS and HG came out. Not just references, but also the Pokemon being featured in Promotional ads were from Johto.

I also just want it to happen so we can have some peace in the fan community.

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

I think some were already too strong to make them even more (like Blaziken and Lucario), and others should have had evolution (Mawile), but far from it, I like their appearance and complying to the mega evolution.

I hope not to focus only on it, giving evolutions to those in need and deliver mega developments to which they can be useful.

mega charizard said:
I still say gyrados needs an evo of some kind.

If there's any kind of evo Gyara should have, it's a Mega evo. It's got great stats as it is, and a real evo would probably be too overpowered.

P.DelSlayer said:
mega charizard said:
I still say gyrados needs an evo of some kind.

If there's any kind of evo Gyara should have, it's a Mega evo. It's got great stats as it is, and a real evo would probably be too overpowered.

I agree plus if they give him dragon everyone is screwed unlike charizard getting it.

Me personally I don't like the Mega Evo's. There are to many pokemon in my eyes that deserve permanent evolution: Heracross, Absol, you know pokemon that don't have evolutions at all. Some Mega Evo's are okay but when you start giving temporary evo's to pokemon that don't have one I get upset. Its like they're acknowledging that these pokemon need evo's but we are only gonna make it temporary, its like a slap in the face.

If gyradose gets a mega i'd like it to go along with the thing I heard about him being partly based off a myth of a dragon being stripped of its dragon status because it was bad/disgraceful and that's why they made gyradose not dragon type and mad all the time or something. I think I read it on a post somewhere on her today. Maybe Megagyradose could be a happy and valiant
lol.

Ohman177 said:
If gyradose gets a mega i'd like it to go along with the thing I heard about him being partly based off a myth of a dragon being stripped of its dragon status because it was bad/disgraceful and that's why they made gyradose not dragon type and mad all the time or something. I think I read it on a post somewhere on her today. Maybe Megagyradose could be a happy and valiant
lol.

Yeah that would be great not only would people stop whining about it but it would have a good story they could explain in-game.It's a great plan overall for a mega gyarados. :D

Edit: aww forgot to celebrate my hundredth post. :(

Stephen Williams said:
Me personally I don't like the Mega Evo's. There are to many pokemon in my eyes that deserve permanent evolution: Heracross, Absol, you know pokemon that don't have evolutions at all. Some Mega Evo's are okay but when you start giving temporary evo's to pokemon that don't have one I get upset. Its like they're acknowledging that these pokemon need evo's but we are only gonna make it temporary, its like a slap in the face.
True, it does seem like many of these Mega Evos should be proper evolutions instead, but there could very well be some advantages to Mega Evolution over regular evolutions... for example, Mawile leading off with Intimidate, lowering its opponent's ATK stat before its tranformation. If it were a regular evolution, it couldn't exploit the advantages of its previous form before changing to its new one.

Ohman177 said:
lol.

I think if they were gonna do any kind of thing involving Gyara being valiant or anything the only real option would be to make a split Magikarp evo.
I especially doubt it since it's classifed as the 'Atrocious Pokemon', and most (if not all) of its dex entries mention how violent its rages can get, it can destroy a whole town, all that sort of stuff.

Mega evolution is more of a temporary power-up; none of the Mega Pokemon revealed have had any distinctions in what they do from their normal form. eg Mega Mawile still has its huge teeth to scare other Pokemon and stuff with. Mega Ampharos still has the lights on its tail. Mega Blaziken still predominantely uses kicking attacks.
None of them change their origins, design basis', anything like that. Their designs incorporate more things (Absol gaining angel-like wings, Mawile gets another set of teeth), but there are no major changes from the original Pokemon.
And anyway, why would they? If they wanted to do that sort of thing with a Pokemon then they'd just make a normal evolution (altho I doubt that any normal evo of Gyara would become a pacifist), or a split evo from the original Pokemons previous stage or anything
They won't suddenly change a Pokemons personality from one side of the spectrum to the other. If anything, Mega Gyara would only get more angry and all.

Well, I just hatched a shiny rilou earlier today so I can safely say, I cannot wait for the Mega Forms.
Although, I am assuming there is a trick to the treat. Sure we have Mega Forms, but it doesn't mean we will easily get them within the game. I smell a mini-quest fiesta where you have to do things to gain the respected mega stone.

Edit:

I'd like to see more starters with Mega Forms.

I don't like the name "mega" it sounds silly, and reminds me of Digimon when they had to face the Mega Class Digimon. But I DO like Mega Ampharos and Mega Absol. Not a fan of Lucario and Blaziken, they just look... strange... plus they were already pretty powerful so I don't understand why those two got them.

I'd like to see...

Mega Feraligatr
Mega Lugia
Mega Scizor
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Umbreon
Mega Heracross

But only if they don't muck it up and make them look absurd. ...like Mega Mewtwo... I still don't like it. XP

EDIT: Hahaha! I just looked at Ohman177's sig with the Loreal Mega Ampharos and Absol and that's gold baby.

MrSquarepants said:
I don't like the name "mega" it sounds silly, and reminds me of Digimon when they had to face the Mega Class Digimon.

EDIT: Hahaha! I just looked at Ohman177's sig with the Loreal Mega Ampharos and Absol and that's gold baby.

Lol thanks :)
But I will once again repeat that THERE ARE NO MEGA DIGIMON. I understand that this may REMIND you of it, but they technically do not exist and this is a 100% original idea. It is called Ultimate in japanese. The other dubs just decided to screw with it.

[sprite]206[/sprite] I believe Dunsparce Mega Evolution will be revealed in this months Corocoro, and I have an idea for what it could be.
Mega Dunsparce
Ability- Potion Sickness: Potions heal double the health than they normally do, and also gives the Pokemon an Attack boost, but badly poisons the Pokemon in 2 turns.
Mega Dunsparce gets an Attack and Speed boost upon Mega Evolving.
Dunsparce must hold Dunsparcium to Mega Evolve.
Thoughts?

[private]I removed this sentence for mentioning alcohol: (It's a reference to Tsuchinoko, the alcohol consuming creature Dunsparce is based off of.). *Drohn [/private]

TheDunsparceKid said:
[sprite]206[/sprite] I believe Dunsparce Mega Evolution will be revealed in this months Corocoro, and I have an idea for what it could be.
Mega Dunsparce
Ability- Potion Sickness: Potions heal double the health than they normally do, and also gives the Pokemon an Attack boost, but badly poisons the Pokemon in 2 turns. (It's a reference to Tsuchinoko, the alcohol consuming creature Dunsparce is based off of.)
Mega Dunsparce gets an Attack and Speed boost upon Mega Evolving.
Dunsparce must hold Dunsparcium to Mega Evolve.
Thoughts?
Sounds kinda cool, but I think it'd make more sense if the ability worked on berries instead of potions (potions aren't edible, and most don't tend to need a power boost), and inflicted Confusion instead of Bad Poison.

I for one want a Magcargo Mega Evo; I love the little guy, but he's virtually useless, even in its one viable niche (defensive supporter). With a large stat boost (specifically to defenses) and a type change (preferably Fire/Steel), it could actually become a viable Pokemon.

But, Magcargo needs real evo ):
Slugma and Swinub start of with the same stat-total (250), then Piloswine grows way stronger (450, Magcargo 410), while Magcargos secondary type makes its life a living hell, but despite all that, Piloswine is the one that got another evolution x_x

and even more importantly what Magcargo needs (and Aggron and Golem and Leavanny etc..) is a nerf of quad weaknesses in general down from 1*2*2=4x damage to 1+1+1=3x damage or something similar, but I kinda doubt that will happen at this point anymore..

I want to see

Mega Yanmega
Mega Meganium
Mega Ludicolo obviously. Lotad is my favorite and I doubt he'll get a mega form.
Mega Muk
Mega Vanilluxe
Mega Lapras

Mega Meganium and Mega Yanmega, mostly because I'd like to troll with the whole Mega Mega stuff.
Mega Muk and Vanilluxe just because I'd be curious to see what they could do to alter the designs.
Mega Lapras because Lapras is freaking awesome.

That is all. I know we'll probably get none of them, but it's what I wish would happen.
I love the idea of Mega Pokémon. It would very likely be a killer for competitive play, but the powers up would certainly make battles more exciting, not to mention I have yet to see one design I don't like. They're all awesome, even if Kangaskhan's one lacks creativity.

Scuba Steve said:
I want to see

Mega Yanmega
Mega Meganium
Mega Ludicolo obviously. Lotad is my favorite and I doubt he'll get a mega form.
Mega Muk
Mega Vanilluxe
Mega Lapras

Mega Meganium and Mega Yanmega, mostly because I'd like to troll with the whole Mega Mega stuff.
Mega Muk and Vanilluxe just because I'd be curious to see what they could do to alter the designs.
Mega Lapras because Lapras is freaking awesome.

That is all. I know we'll probably get none of them, but it's what I wish would happen.
I love the idea of Mega Pokémon. It would very likely be a killer for competitive play, but the powers up would certainly make battles more exciting, not to mention I have yet to see one design I don't like. They're all awesome, even if Kangaskhan's one lacks creativity.

Kangaskhan has it like that for fanservice since we want the baby to be it's own pokemon.

Um, Mega Persian?
I dunno what it would look like. Just a whole lot more epic, and maybe it would have jewels all over it. Psychic powers maybe.

No, not just one Mega cat.
Make all the cats mega.
Fear my army of Mega cats!

Of the three most recently revealed Mega Evolutions (for the Kanto starters), I like Venusaur's the most. I've heard a lot of people complain that it's barely any different, but...
1.png
2.png
3.png

The line itself barely changes between evolutions.
I just... really like the tropical look it has. Yes, even the flower pattern right smack dab on its face. And Thick Fat + extra defensive stats? Yes please! This thing's going to be a tank!
I'm actually kind of torn because I was set on picking Chespin as my starter, but then there's Bulbasaur and Mega Venusaur available... hrm.

RE: Mega Evolution and Mega Pokémon: What Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Mega Ninetales! But only if it will look at least half as awesome as this fanart below:

mega_ninetales_by_dragonith-d6jkyb8.png

Source: http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Ninetales-395687348

Could be Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic, that'd be awesome!

Back