XY Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

Mega Castform and Mega Zoroark!!

Why Castform?
Castform is considered a one trick pony when it comes to competitive. But it were given a Mega Evolution it could possibly hang with it's fellow OU weather inducers much more by having a MUCH higher BST and a wider-movepool.
My BST wish: going from 70 to 100. would make a HUGE difference.

Why Zoroark?
Being my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon, Zoroark seems to get a lot of flak for being a huge gimmick. Even though it was originally a promotional tool, it is very viable in UU as of today, but it still lacks a certain...spark if you will.
That spark is a Mega Evolution, with this new power Mega Zoroark could have much more Speed and High Sp.Atk so that it wouldn't have to rely on Nasty Plot for setting up as much. I am NOT SURE how it's ability could work, but I have a theory...since there are OTHER Pokemon with new Mega Evolutions it could feign one of theirs and instead get IT'S Mega Evolution of while the opponent does a Psychic attack on your Mega Lucario thinking it would be neutral when in reality you just let Mega Zoroark setup in our FACE!
My BST wish: 135 Sp.Atk 120 Speed would really turn the tide in battle.

What do you guys think?

RE: How do you feel about the revealed Mega Pokémon and which new Mega Pokémon are you hoping to see?

b2j135 said:
Mega Castform and Mega Zoroark!!

Why Castform?
Castform is considered a one trick pony when it comes to competitive. But it were given a Mega Evolution it could possibly hang with it's fellow OU weather inducers much more by having a MUCH higher BST and a wider-movepool.
My BST wish: going from 80 to 100. would make a HUGE difference.

Why Zoroark?
Being my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon, Zoroark seems to get a lot of flak for being a huge gimmick. Even though it was originally a promotional tool, it is very viable in UU as of today, but it still lacks a certain...spark if you will.
That spark is a Mega Evolution, with this new power Mega Zoroark could have much more Speed and High Sp.Atk so that it wouldn't have to rely on Nasty Plot for setting up as much. I am NOT SURE how it's ability could work, but I have a theory...since there are OTHER Pokemon with new Mega Evolutions it could feign one of theirs and instead get IT'S Mega Evolution of while the opponent does a Psychic attack on your Mega Lucario thinking it would be neutral when in reality you just let Mega Zoroark setup in our FACE!
My BST wish: 135 Sp.Atk 120 Speed would really turn the tide in battle.

What do you guys think?

With Castform, I'm not sure how they'd play it, considering it has 3 different forms. This is a Pokemon that would probably benefit more from a real evo than a Mega evo. (with each of its forms having their own respective evos)

Your Zoroark idea is nice, but I'm not sure how successful the Illusion-esque ability would be.
lets say:
-Zoroark switches in and takes a hit (not doing much damage), it breaks the illusion.
-Zoroark Mega evolves, it now looks like Mega Blaziken.
-Opponent knows that its still a Zoroark.

Or a different situation would be if Zoroark is illusioned as a Pokemon that can't Mega evolve - the opponent would get a huge insight that all is not as it seems when the Xatu it sees fighting suddenly Mega evolves into Mega Lucario.

(note to dumb people: Xatu could still get a mega evolution, I'm not saying it won't)

well my theory is that if you hit Zoroark prior to it Mega Evolving it won't look like the prior illusion but it's own TRUE Mega Evolution...a.k.a this
b2356c6a15797716035a70c6b66f7607

besides even if it is reveal, you STILL have to worry about all dat speed & sp.atk! Wherever comes in is going to take a chunk from Dark Pulse/Night Daze barring the Eviolite Chansey and what not.

b2j135 said:
But it were given a Mega Evolution it could possibly hang with it's fellow OU weather inducers much more by having a MUCH higher BST and a wider-movepool.

Megaevolution doesn't do anything to a Pokemons movepool though.

That is true, but since Ampharos can now naturally learn Dragon Pulse and more than likely other Dragon-type moves, this brings a new realm of possibility for EVERY potential Mega Evolving Pokemon this generation.

P.DelSlayer said:
Starters
These are only types:
Charizard could very easily be Fire/Dragon, but at the same time Fire/Flying could stay appropriate for it
Venusaur - stays Grass/Poison?
Blastoise - Water/Steel (I kno its the same as Empoleon, but its something)
Meganium - Grass/Fairy, or maybe Grass/Psychic
Feraligatr - Water/Dark
Typhlosion - Fire/Poison..? I dunno here
Sceptile - Grass/Dark? It could even stretch to Grass/Dragon
Swampert - stays the same
Blaziken - confirmed to stay Fire/Fighting
Sinnoh starters stay the same
Serperior - Grass/Dragon
Samurott - this thing NEEDS Water/Fighting
Emboar - stays Fire/Fighting

Charizard - stays fire/flying
Venusaur - stays Grass/Poison
Blastoise - Water/Steel. perfect
Meganium - Grass/dragon. it's tail becomes loooonger (diplodocus like), gets HP and attack and learns power whip.
Feraligatr - Water/Dark, hands down.
Typhlosion - Fire/Poisonground. corrected for ya.
Sceptile - Grass/fighting, it always reminded me of a ninja.
Swampert - stays the same. yep.
Blaziken - confirmed to stay Fire/Fighting
Sinnoh starters stay the same
Serperior - Grass/ground or even poison, it could give her an edge against fairies
Samurott - this thing NEEDS Water/Fighting. hell. yes.
Emboar - stays Fire/Fighting

^If Mega Charizard does not become Fire/Dragon, then I don't a give an absolute f*** about it... Actually is not really about it being Fire/Dragon, I wouldn't mind other type, I just don't want it to stay Fire/Flying. That's basically the crappiest thing about Charizard and if the purpose of Mega Evolution is to improve a pokémon, then they will change Charizard's Flying type upon Mega Evolve, otherwise, it's not really improving much...

btw, none of you people should expect boosts in HP. They never change the HP between pokémon forms (which is what Mega Evolution is in practice). Like, Never! Afaik, Pokémon can't have their base HP stat increase and then decrease again during battle. The HP stat works different than the others...

Also, why do you guys think all the Mega Starters will have one type added? Mega Absol is still pure Dark and Mega Mewtwo is still pure Psychic...

b2j135 said:
That is true, but since Ampharos can now naturally learn Dragon Pulse and more than likely other Dragon-type moves, this brings a new realm of possibility for EVERY potential Mega Evolving Pokemon this generation.

But that's been happening all the time when new games come out. Pokemon getting their movepools improved and expanded even with old moves. Megaevolution itself doesn't guarantee any new possibilities, as any new moves will be learnt by the regular pokemon to use, regardless of whether they can also megaevolve now.

P.DelSlayer said:
mikes-ocean-sun said:
Very interesting idea, but it won't work unless Eevee has a Mega evo as well.

Here is the math:

17 Types + Fairy = 18 Types
18 Types - 8 Eeveelutions = 10 Unused Types
10 Unused Types - 8 New Types for the Eeveelutions = 2 Unused Types
2 Unused Types - Normal for Eevee = 1 Type Leftover...

Therefore for this theory to work Eevee would have to get its own Mega Evolution to use up the leftover type.

That being said I like these combos:

Eevee - Normal / Ground or Flying
Vaporeon - Water / Dragon
Jolteon - Electric / Steel
Flareon - Fire / Fighting
Espeon - Psychic / Ghost
Umbreon - Dark / Poison
Leafeon - Grass / Bug or Ground
Glaceon - Ice / Rock
Sylveon - Fairy / Flying or Bug

I may be wrong, but wouldn't a second new Eeveelution fix this problem? I have no idea about the math involved so I can't say for certain

Yes it is possible to add a new Eeveelution but it would have to have the Normal type or another unused type with the addition of Normal in Mega from.

Mitja said:
Mega Ampharos was shown using Dragon Pulse, so it apparently does something to Ampharos' moves.

Metalizard said:
^If Mega Charizard does not become Fire/Dragon, then I don't a give an absolute f*** about it... Actually is not really about it being Fire/Dragon, I wouldn't mind other type, I just don't want it to stay Fire/Flying. That's basically the crappiest thing about Charizard and if the purpose of Mega Evolution is to improve a pokémon, then they will change Charizard's Flying type upon Mega Evolve, otherwise, it's not really improving much...

You can't really say that Mega Charizard would still be bad if it had Fire/Flying, we know nothing about the stats it would have, or if Charizard receives a good boosting move.
Infact, there's a great example of a Pokemon that suffers one of Charizard's major flaws yet still manages to be used successfully: Volcarona.

In terms of abilities, I can't think of any that would give it a huge boost that it should logically have. Solar Power gives it a nice niche, but the problem with that is that SP and hits from other Pokemon make short work of it. (Plus Politoed and Tyranitar can switch in with ease and take away its precious Sun)

on the ability note:
Charizard - Solar Power (see above)
Venusaur - Chlorophyll (works fine, no need to change)
Blastoise - Water Absorb/Swift Swim (On the subject of Blastoise, GIVE IT SHELL SMASH.)
Meganium - Natural Cure (helps it slightly)
Typhlosion - Flash Fire/Flame Body (these are the only 2 I can think of)
Feraligatr - Sheer Force (works well, no need to change)
Sceptile - Solar Power (I know its the same as Char, but I heard the idea somewhere and thought it sounded great. Scept has the stats for Solar Power, and can replenish the HP lost with Giga Drain)
Blaziken - Speed Boost (confirmed)
Swampert - Swift Swim (anything is better than that hideous Damp)
Torterra - Leaf Guard?
Infernape - Iron Fist (no need to change)
Empoleon - Defiant (no need to change)
Serperior - Contrary (gives it a nice niche)
Emboar - Reckless (no need to change)
Samurott - Swift Swim (it's ok, can't think of anything else)

P.DelSlayer said:
You can't really say that Mega Charizard would still be bad if it had Fire/Flying, we know nothing about the stats it would have, or if Charizard receives a good boosting move.
Infact, there's a great example of a Pokemon that suffers one of Charizard's major flaws yet still manages to be used successfully: Volcarona.

In terms of abilities, I can't think of any that would give it a huge boost that it should logically have. Solar Power gives it a nice niche, but the problem with that is that SP and hits from other Pokemon make short work of it. (Plus Politoed and Tyranitar can switch in with ease and take away its precious Sun)

on the ability note:
Charizard - Solar Power (see above)
Venusaur - Chlorophyll (works fine, no need to change)
Blastoise - Water Absorb/Swift Swim (On the subject of Blastoise, GIVE IT SHELL SMASH.)
Meganium - Natural Cure (helps it slightly)
Typhlosion - Flash Fire/Flame Body (these are the only 2 I can think of)
Feraligatr - Sheer Force (works well, no need to change)
Sceptile - Solar Power (I know its the same as Char, but I heard the idea somewhere and thought it sounded great. Scept has the stats for Solar Power, and can replenish the HP lost with Giga Drain)
Blaziken - Speed Boost (confirmed)
Swampert - Swift Swim (anything is better than that hideous Damp)
Torterra - Leaf Guard?
Infernape - Iron Fist (no need to change)
Empoleon - Defiant (no need to change)
Serperior - Contrary (gives it a nice niche)
Emboar - Reckless (no need to change)
Samurott - Swift Swim (it's ok, can't think of anything else)

The only difference is Charizard doesnt have anything near what Volcarona. No quiver Dance. Horrible STAB combo, everything Flying hits, aside from Fighting, Fire already can handle.

Haha, we're not trying to break the game. . . We have to be reasonable with these mega Evos. . .

AtmosphericThunder said:
Mitja said:
Mega Ampharos was shown using Dragon Pulse, so it apparently does something to Ampharos' moves.

Ampharos will learn Dragon Pulse either by level or/and TM (if it still is one), not by being able to megaevolve.
Movesets don't just change in the middle of battle.

There is tons of cases where this happened in the past, its completely normal.
Even Ampharos itself:
In gen 4 it gained Signal Beam, Outrage, Fire Punch.

Mitja said:
Ampharos will learn Dragon Pulse either by level or/and TM (if it still is one), not by being able to megaevolve. There is tons of cases where this happened in the past, its completely normal.

That's not to say they won't do the same thing with Draco Meteor though for the same reason it can learn Dragon Pulse, which is, simply, it will be a dragon. Clearly not through Level up, but the tutor or whomever. I just couldn't see this being the ONLY Dragon type to not have Draco Meteor.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Mitja said:
Ampharos will learn Dragon Pulse either by level or/and TM (if it still is one), not by being able to megaevolve. There is tons of cases where this happened in the past, its completely normal.

That's not to say they won't do the same thing with Draco Meteor though for the same reason it can learn Dragon Pulse, which is, simply, it will be a dragon. Clearly not through Level up, but the tutor or whomever. I just couldn't see this being the ONLY Dragon type to not have Draco Meteor.

It will be the only temporary dragon type, so it'd make sense for amphy to not have draco meteor.

P.DelSlayer said:

Basically, what MuhFrigginMoose said. Volcarona has much better stats from the start, they'd have to give a boost of like 30 or 40 points to Charizard's Sp. Atk, and it still woudn't be much higher than Volcarona's Sp. Atk. And this is the point, Volcarona is not even a Mega. But a Sp. Atk boost wouldn't be enough to improve Charizard because there are still other issues.
The bad STAB combo of Fire/Flying. Flying only helps hitting Fighting-types, the other types are already covered by the Fire STAB.
No really good boosting move like Quiver Dance. The only boosting move that could help Charizard and not be a total nonsense at the same time would be Nasty Plot. But I don't think that's happening. btw, they should make a Special counterpart to Dragon Dance, meaning a move that boosts Sp. Atk and Speed.
Also, Charizard's special movepool is not as good as Volcarona's.
Even when you think of weaknesses, both share the double weakness to Rock and the the normal weakness to Water. The difference is while Volcarona is weak to Flying, Charizard is weak to Electric which is much more common, I'm sure.

Changing Charizard's Flying type would be an improvement just by itself. And obviously, Dragon is the most logical choice not counting it would be really beneficial. A much better STAB combo (We all know how good Fire and Dragon coverage is, even with the advent of fairies, just see Reshiram), it would be one of the few Dragons not weak to Fairies, lose the double weakness to (Stealth) Rock, lose weakness to the common Water-type, although it would gain a Ground weakness. The ability could be Solar Power or some other thing, although Levitate would be awesome. Add boosts in Sp. Atk and maybe Speed and Charizard would be much, much better, I believe...

Metalizard said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Basically, what MuhFrigginMoose said. Volcarona has much better stats from the start, they'd have to give a boost of like 30 or 40 points to Charizard's Sp. Atk, and it still woudn't be much higher than Volcarona's Sp. Atk. And this is the point, Volcarona is not even a Mega. But a Sp. Atk boost wouldn't be enough to improve Charizard because there are still other issues.
The bad STAB combo of Fire/Flying. Flying only helps hitting Fighting-types, the other types are already covered by the Fire STAB.
No really good boosting move like Quiver Dance. The only boosting move that could help Charizard and not be a total nonsense at the same time would be Nasty Plot. But I don't think that's happening. btw, they should make a Special counterpart to Dragon Dance, meaning a move that boosts Sp. Atk and Speed.
Even when you think of weaknesses, both share the double weakness to Rock and the the normal weakness to Water. The difference is while Volcarona is weak to Flying, Charizard is weak to Electric which is much more common, I'm sure.

Changing Charizard's Flying type would be an improvement just by itself. And obviously, Dragon is the most logical choice not counting it would be really beneficial. A much better STAB combo (We all know how good Fire and Dragon coverage is, even with the advent of fairies, just see Reshiram), it would be one of the few Dragons not weak to Fairies, lose the double weakness to (Stealth) Rock, lose weakness to the common Water-type, although it would gain a Ground weakness. The ability could be Solar Power or some other thing, although Levitate would be awesome. Add boosts in Sp. Atk and maybe Speed and Charizard would be much, much better, I believe...
Only problem is it would have to be a mega so the entry hazards would still kill it. D:

^You're right, forgot about that, damn it... Well, if I'm not wrong, it's been confirmed the pokémon reverts at the end of battle so I think Megas don't revert when switching out. With that in mind, one could lead with Charizard and Mega evolve it and then simply switch out... probably not the best solution but still...

Metalizard said:
Charizard has Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast, two moves Volcarona would love to have. The only half decent special moves Volcarona gets that aren't Fire or Bug type are Hurricane and Solarbeam, which don't belong outside of specific weathers.

Cinesra said:
Charizard has Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast, two moves Volcarona would love to have. The only half decent special moves Volcarona gets that aren't Fire or Bug type are Hurricane and Solarbeam, which don't belong outside of specific weathers.

Let's not forget Flame body and again, quiver dance, Better defenses, better special attack. And if in the corresponding weather AMAZING attacks to exemplify its Sp Atk. Heh, there's a reason Volcarona is OU and Charizard isn't. If you want Charizard to hit as powerfully as it can, it also is dependent on weather. However, Volc doesn't need that to hit like a truck. Get at least a quiver dance, And you're set.

Back