Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot in 'CoroCoro' [10/9]

I didn't read all of those replies, so, if I'll repeat anybody, I apologize, but:

my first thought on this article was: “The joke came true.” Let's pretend the card: M Beedril EX… L O L !

If it ends with all Pokémon would have mega evolution, I'd be both satisfied and sad, because it'd mean I have to collect all so expensive cards…
Although: I'm strongly hoping for Mega: Fearow, Marowak, Weezing, Seaking, Slowking, any other “king” (NidoKING, KINGdra,…), johto and sinnoh starters, Magcargo, Donphan and Wailord (wailord could get a HP and height boost… something like HT: 100, WT: 10,000, HP: 800… :D )

Gentlefish said:
Why does no one appreciate how awesome No Guard Hurricane (and Heat Wave if we get the same tutors) is? It will ALWAYS hit in ANY weather.

Because it's like a huge cardboard on Pidgeots face that says KILL ME WITH ROCK MOVES.

Oh my god! My dreams are becoming a reality! Finally The Johto Mascots are back in Hoenn! Guys do you think the past gen legends that are returning back in OR/AS, are version exclusive? Could the legends have certain mega evolutions?

lugaroco said:
That is not a Hoopa behind Reshiram. Its just the darkness and the light part is Reshirams smoke tail.... if it was Hoopa than next to Palkia is Mega Diglet...lol. :D

The silhouette appears to be in between Reshiram's tail flare and a tuft of fur... a place where its tail smoke fur stuff wouldn't be normally. And in any case, the silhouette doesn't seem to be that of what Reshiram's would be, whereas it could match up with Hoopa almost perfectly.

And even if the silhouette isn't Hoopa, then there's no denying that the portals bear an uncanny resemblance to Hoopa's hoops, as well as the transportation from it which would explain all the legendaries random teleportations into Hoenn.
(plus the portals don't even have any visual similarities to the legendaries coming through... knowing Pokemon, if the legendaries were deliberately coming through, then the portals would probably have the same colour scheme or something)

Chespin777 said:
Oh my god! My dreams are becoming a reality! Finally The Johto Mascots are back in Hoenn! Guys do you think the past gen legends that are returning back in OR/AS, are version exclusive? Could the legends have certain mega evolutions?

I'd imagine they'd probably save legendary mascot Mega Evos for a seperate thing... I can't see them advertising them because they're trying to hype us for Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre/Groudon and those sort of Megas would probably take the spotlight from them.
Although if they gave one a Mega, then they'd have to give them all Megas... so its pretty much all or nothing.
I'm also expecting that the legends will be version exclusive, I'm guessing one member of each duo will be in either version. (and then they'll probably have some kind of 'catch both legendaries and you can get the third member' thing happening for Giratina/Kyurem)

Rocket The Shellos said:
The reason they've gone with serial codes is because of the introduction of Pokemon Bank, people will abuse wi-fi events and get heaps of legendaries which Nintendo thinks is unfair.

But I'm disappointed. We have too many Kanto megas and only 1 gen 5 one.

I understand the legends part, but not the fact that you need a serial code to get a special item to unlock a gameplay feature.

On that bombshell, unless Nintendo has a plan to get serial codes out and about, meaning they'll make sure every Gamestop gets at least a couple of serial codes, maybe some promotional thing with magazines or mangas, or even have some serial codes on their websites... I don't see this viable in anyway.

^You're confusing the Eon Flute with the Eon Ticket... The Eon Ticket is the event item, to get to Southern Island. The Eon Flute, the item used to fly over Hoenn is probably given during normal gameplay, they didn't say anything about Eon Flute being an event...

Btw, I'm also really curious to know if Mega Rayquaza grew as big as the Primals or if it's still the same size (or length in this case)...

It doesn't appear the person who designed Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino designed these two megas. Which is a good thing since they look amazing.

Pokemon Contest (RSE) -> Super Contest (DPPt) -> Pokemon Contest Spectacular (ORAS)
Secret Bases (RSE) -> Super Secret Bases (ORAS)
Pokenav (RSE) -> Multinav (ORAS)

Why all the name changes? I think the original names sound the best.

TomoEGoto said:
Rocket The Shellos said:
The reason they've gone with serial codes is because of the introduction of Pokemon Bank, people will abuse wi-fi events and get heaps of legendaries which Nintendo thinks is unfair.

But I'm disappointed. We have too many Kanto megas and only 1 gen 5 one.

I understand the legends part, but not the fact that you need a serial code to get a special item to unlock a gameplay feature.

On that bombshell, unless Nintendo has a plan to get serial codes out and about, meaning they'll make sure every Gamestop gets at least a couple of serial codes, maybe some promotional thing with magazines or mangas, or even have some serial codes on their websites... I don't see this viable in anyway.

You can get Latios in OR and Latias in AS, but the Eon ticket lets you get the opposite in the other version. But the serial codes is really the only way to give out events + have a bank, because if you can make heaps of event Pokemon, they become worthless.

Maserati777 said:
It doesn't appear the person who designed Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino designed these two megas. Which is a good thing since they look amazing.

All pokemon are designed by a team. They decide the general idea, then all make a bunch of rough draft designs together then decide which they like best and have Ken Sugimori make the final art.

Can all agree to disagree that hoenn as it was; was messed up now this plus adding in hoopa as a variable into the mysterious shrouds that are the region we all come to grow up with and love like um.... why was Hoenn not gen 6 and kalos gen 3 now that I think about it XD

Man they sure doing a lot of Mega Pokemon compared to X/Y. I just realized something. You realize there will be X/Y remakes for one reason. I just figured it out. It is so they can transplant the New Mega evolutions into the X/Y series since the original copies did not have that coding for all the new Pokemon. That now makes more sense. That could be the final piece for the X/Y remakes. So yes we will see those remakes before gen 7 but the question remains will they still be on regular 3DS or Super 3DS?:)

xxashxx said:
Man they sure doing a lot of Mega Pokemon compared to X/Y. I just realized something. You realize there will be X/Y remakes for one reason. I just figured it out. It is so they can transplant the New Mega evolutions into the X/Y series since the original copies did not have that coding for all the new Pokemon. That now makes more sense. That could be the final piece for the X/Y remakes. So yes we will see those remakes before gen 7 but the question remains will they still be on regular 3DS or Super 3DS?:)

They'll probably do a patch on XY. New copies will probably have the patch pre-installed. I mean that's what they could've done for Hoopa/Diancie/Volcanion/Mega Latis/Vivillion forms but IDK why they didn't so I'm thinking they'll most likely do a patch. Or they'll troll us by making us buy the newer version. But I don't think they're that dumb.

Everyone thinks they'll patch it, but knowing gamefreak, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you simply couldn't trade all the new megastones or battle with them between the two sets of games lol.
I mean there's been new stuff mid-gen for quite some time, it's always stayed exclusive until the next game/gen came out (but they didn't have the option of patching then of course). I think having a big patch with new data could only be more problematic than simply limiting interaction between the games. The data would be bigger than just a minor bug-fix. So don't expect them to just patch everything new into old games suddenly.
It'll be nice if they do though.

Ok, so I've been doing some thinking and whilst this theory seems unlikely, its interesting:

In CoroCoro, we had the whole legendaries-travelling-through-portals-to-Hoenn thing. Hoopa has been highly speculated to have some involvement with the portal stuff. (portal hoops, rumoured silhouette, Hoopa's lore etc)
This has definitely sparked an interest in me. Especially considering that we've all been expecting Hoopa to have no involvement in ORAS.
Which leads me to this: could Hoopa be a new Pokemon made for ORAS? We had Mega Lati@s in X/Y data -which were clearly intended for ORAS- so it's not unthinkable that Hoopa was also in there but intended for ORAS.
(this is probably wrong but speculation is fun so yeah)

His Goominess said:
Ok, so I've been doing some thinking and whilst this theory seems unlikely, its interesting:

In CoroCoro, we had the whole legendaries-travelling-through-portals-to-Hoenn thing. Hoopa has been highly speculated to have some involvement with the portal stuff. (portal hoops, rumoured silhouette, Hoopa's lore etc)
This has definitely sparked an interest in me. Especially considering that we've all been expecting Hoopa to have no involvement in ORAS.
Which leads me to this: could Hoopa be a new Pokemon made for ORAS? We had Mega Lati@s in X/Y data -which were clearly intended for ORAS- so it's not unthinkable that Hoopa was also in there but intended for ORAS.
(this is probably wrong but speculation is fun so yeah)

Well we do know that there is some lore for Hoopa in Kalos, but maybe it has a connection to both regions.

xxashxx said:
Man they sure doing a lot of Mega Pokemon compared to X/Y.

XY Mega Count: 30
ORAS Mega Count: 16+2 Primals.

No they aren't. And XY supports patching. It'll have all of these Mega Pokemon available for use in it once ORAS releases, or shortly after.

thekoggles said:
xxashxx said:
Man they sure doing a lot of Mega Pokemon compared to X/Y.

No they aren't. And XY supports patching. It'll have all of these Mega Pokemon available for use in it once ORAS releases, or shortly after.

Do you really expect that to be all there is? XY saved quite a few Megas for the full game, ORAS will probably do the same. I'd expect there to be around as many as XY at this rate, possibly more.

Bolt the Cat said:
thekoggles said:

Do you really expect that to be all there is? XY saved quite a few Megas for the full game, ORAS will probably do the same. I'd expect there to be around as many as XY at this rate, possibly more.

I would imagine there'd be 30+ Megas introduced in OR/AS (not counting Primals of course). It'd a bit disappointing to only find less than half ourselves. :c

Back