Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot in 'CoroCoro' [10/9]

Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting that!

Hopefully the designs will be amazing and the abilities will be good. Maybe they can convince me to actually like Pidgeot. Also, before anyone else says it, inb4 Gen I re-remakes ;o

Omg I swear if Mega Beedrill is like a king bee or something to go along with Vespiquen, I'm going to die. Pidgeot.... please Pokemon don't just split the hair into two parts or something. How about a Lightning/Flying type to go along with that one awesome Delta Species card? I would probably die again.

Carpey said:
Omg I swear if Mega Beedrill is like a king bee or something to go along with Vespiquen, I'm going to die. Pidgeot.... please Pokemon don't just split the hair into two parts or something. How about a Lightning/Flying type to go along with that one awesome Delta Species card? I would probably die again.

Funny story, because one source on 2ch claimed that Mega Beedrill was Dragon/Poison and Mega Pidgeot was Flying/Electric (which seems to be fake). Flying/Electric certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility, but it's not exactly the first type combination I'd think of for Pidgeot. I'd probably make it pure Flying and give it Gale Wings or something.

Mega Beedrill maybe implies we'll be getting a Mega Butterfree?

Mega Pidgeot sounds good, seeing as it is the weakest of the regional birds. Hopefully it will get Gale Wings or something (although we really don't need another mon with that ability xD)

lol This is awesome! I remember talking about it in this thread here about how I want to see Mega Pokemon for the weak but fully evolved Pokemon and I gave Beedrill for example

Another Gale Wings Pokémon would be both amazing and frustrating.

They better give Noctowl or Swellow a Mega evolution from the region birds. :( But yeah waiting for the designs!! I hope we also get Mega Butterfree so she can Break Free... jk xD

Interesting fact: both of these Pokemon gained a stat boost in XY
Maybe that is the reason why
That means we will need to see much more megas including Mega Pikachu which I will not be surprise about even if it has a regular evolution since he is the mascot.

Ok so Mega Pidgeot has No Guard... when the only move it has that suffers from bad accuracy is Hurricane.
In return, it allows any old something to use Stone Edge with 100% accuracy against it.
TrollFreak at its finest.

The 2 Megas seem to have decent designs. Both of them are pretty much what I was expecting.

edit: It also looks like we can fly on Mega Lati@s in overworld.

edit 2: on a page scan I saw on facebook, it looks like the shadowy-cloudy area of the map may have some relation to Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom, as well as Mega Lati@s.

Is it just me or Mega Pidgeot looks a lot like Malamar ?

Good ability for Mega Beedrill as it has such low stats that without it they couldn't give it a decent attack boost without leaving him extremely frail

I am kind of disappointed that they left Mega Pidgeot with Normal flying type..

Something tells me that we will not be able to fly with Mega Lati@s all the time in every place and that something is Gogoat.

scattered mind said:

Something tells me that we will not be able to fly with Mega Lati@s all the time in every place and that something is Gogoat.

1) oh my god, it does, I only just noticed :eek:

2) apparently theres a new item that allows you to fly on and control Mega Lati@s. apparently its possible to find Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom as well as other wild Pokemon amongst clouds.
In other words, what every fan ever has wanted regular Fly to be.

Loving the designs! Beedrill has always been a favorite of mine so I'll definitely use it (again) in my play through. Hopefuly mega pidgeot will get a good enough boost to make it competitive.

His Goominess said:
scattered mind said:

1) oh my god, it does, I only just noticed :eek:

2) apparently theres a new item that allows you to fly on and control Mega Lati@s. apparently its possible to find Dialga/Palkia and Reshiram/Zekrom as well as other wild Pokemon amongst clouds.
In other words, what every fan ever has wanted regular Fly to be.

While the CoroCoro update is pretty neat, I have this feeling that "you can capture legends on special islands" are going to play exclusive roles in the games, like you can get two legends in one game, and the other two are set to be captured in the other version. But this is just a guess on my part. Also, does anyone know whether the Eon Flute is a event-only item or something?

The overworld Flying has me both excited and nostalgic of Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, which was one of my favorite gameplay aspects on it. With ORAS' more advanced graphics, I'm both expecting and hoping it to be more awesome now.

Wow! All of this is actually really cool! I like how Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot's design's are too ridiculously overdone. The Eon Flute is also a pretty nice addition really making good use of the 3DS's.

I told my friend Mega Beedrill and Mega Golduck, I feel them in my bones. He said "No way, never happening." and said they're too bad to get megas. Hehehehehe looks like I got half the last laugh. Now all I need is Golduck.

I really like the new flying mechanic! The legendary coulds should be really rare like 1/1000 if not a once only encounter.

Also I think that Mega Beedrilll should be Bug/Steel with poison point. His design screams robot bee but the type doesn't reflect that sadly. Shame because he s a mega that I like a lot. I used Beedrill in my X run through and I loved it.

And still nobody will use Beedrill.

Also:
Hoopa, is that you?
b8sMuiB.jpg
I mean, the golden rings are there and everything. What other reason would there be for those legendaries to be in Hoenn?

Back