Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot in 'CoroCoro' [10/9]

Some sites claim that all legendaries before gen 6 can be caught on those mythical places can someone comfirm if this is the right translation.

What if Rayquaza only Mega-evolves when the player is flying? O.O

Rayquaza wasn't known because it's always flying and the fact that this new "realm" is also inhabited by invasive legendaries may also be a hint.

Btw, I wish we can travel to unexplored and inhabited islands in Hoenn. There's so much that could be done with them, namely introducing new Pokémon (and I'm not talking of Megas).

I like Mega Beedrill, and I'm glad to see Pokemon like this that are far behind a lot of others get a mega evolution. I always thought Pidgeot was kind of plain looking (when people suggested/said they wanted Mega Pidgeot, to me that sounded like one of the most boring mega evolution ideas), but I like Mega Pidgeot's additions (the blue on the tips of its wings, the colors of its tail feathers) and I think its hair looks better shorter. Pidgeot's (regular, not mega) hair reminded me of bands like Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, and AC/DC, and I don't like that style of music or those bands.

The screenshots with the player flying over Hoenn look amazing! It's also nice to know that the thundercloud on the map does have a purpose, rather than just being put there because it rains in those routes. I'm hoping some of these islands you need to fly in order to get to will have interesting areas to explore and things to do on them (besides just catching Pokemon).

PS: Can anyone else not tell the difference between Mega Latias and Mega Latios? They look the exact same to me.

As Pidgeot is my very favourite Pokémon, my feelings are mixed about its Mega. I'm sure I'll grow to love it quite a bit when I use it in-game. I do like it, but...I just love regular Pidgeot so much <3

Seven is a Color said:
PS: Can anyone else not tell the difference between Mega Latias and Mega Latios? They look the exact same to me.

I think the only difference between Mega Latias and Mega Latios is the colour of their eyes? Latias seems to have white eyes while Latios has red.
I still wish they hadn't made them practically identical, but...oh well.

Also, I think the problem with changing Fly and Dig to work like Dive is that they're meant to help the player travel instantly and to avoid battles, so being forced to travel above the land and encounter wild Pokémon in the clouds when all you want to do is get to a Pokémon Center would quickly get annoying.

That being said, if it's something you can choose to do when you have the time and healthy Pokémon, I think it would be amazingly fun to just fly around looking for Pokémon in the sky. I for one am excited to try that out :D

Adding to don()shinobi's theory; in the 4th scan we see the playable character standing in front of what looks to be a portal (created by Hoopa?). This could mean these portals can be used to transfer other Pokémon to us or be used go to other locations ourselves. It could be another method to encounter Legendary Pokémon.

Perhaps that is the portal where we can get Hoopa to unlock the other Pokémon, too.

(Added the shot I'm talking about to this post.)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-10-10 a la(s) 18.31.36.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-10-10 a la(s) 18.31.36.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 79
I'm curious as to if the four legendary dragons will be the only legendaries or if there will be more accessible, and on that note, what about Mirage Island? Will one just simply be able to fly to it now? I still like this "open world" Fly that we've been given though, the world below will be sure to look amazing

Mega Beedrill looks amaaaazing... sure not drastically different like the other Mega evos but I like that!

Well, that was certainly unexpected. Beedrill, wow. And Pidgeot. I was just saying "oh man" like 20 times when I heard that they had Megas. I like what they're doing with Beedrill at least stat and Ability wise. Adaptability is a great Ability (seen from Crawdaunt's immense power) and it did get buffs to Attack and Speed which were definitely needed. It's got a pretty nice attacking movepool to take advantage of it too. And the design is nice. Pidgeot, I feel is a lot worse. Worse Ability and if it only gets a buff to Special Attack, I think that's a missed opportunity. But at least it looks cool too. Also apparently you can find Legendaries in the clouds. What is this I don't even.

dmaster out.

@Leaf_Ranger: The artworks in the scans ARE their Ken Sugimori artwork...

Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot look cool... especially Mega Beedrill... I did prefer the long blonde air of regular Pidgeot but it still looks good...
Adaptability is very useful for Mega Beedrill even though it probably won't be that big of a powerhouse, plus it's movepoll isn't that big (it learns Drill Run in Gen V tutors at least). No Guard is more disappointing... Since they chose it probably to give a 100% Hurricane to Pidgeot, which was always highly associated with wind, Gale Wings would be a better choice... No Guard also helps Heat Wave though...
I also hope Mega Beedrill means Mega Butterfree...

I was hoping they would change something about the Mega Latis, to differenciate them a bit more, but no, you have to look to their eyes to know which one is it... This flying over Hoenn sounds really awesome, it's a good idea, despite making me think that it turns the Mega Latis into just gimmicks, as they're also inferior to their regular forms holding the Soul Dew (which, is yet to be confirmed if it's still going to appear or if it's going to be replaced by the Mega Stones... but even Life Orb is better on them)...

But basically, it seems the post-game will be exploring all those islands in the Hoenn map that were never accessible in Gen 3... The part about catching the legendaries doesn't impress me much, as I tend to use the mascots in my in-game teams and then transfer them to the newer games, so I won't be replacing them...

Why does no one appreciate how awesome No Guard Hurricane (and Heat Wave if we get the same tutors) is? It will ALWAYS hit in ANY weather. It also screws over Gourgeist and Trevenant by hitting through Phantom Force...

Anyway, these guys look great. :D

Pidgeot is a Normal-type Pokémon, so Ghost-type moves won't affect him. Since it's a Flying-type and they are both Trevenant and Gourgeist are Grass-type Pokémon, Hurricane with No Guard (I think Wide Guard was an error; that's another move) is much more effective. Unless you're talking about double battles, of course.

I do like the Hurricane combination with No Guard, however. With a high special attack boost it will do serious damage and a chance of confusing the opponent. There are of course better abilities for it, but I don't think it's bad. It probably won't make it a top-tier Pokémon, but it's still a nice boost.

OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohMYGOSH!

That sounds exciting! I can't wait to experience it! (Though that might be very late in the game ><)

Anyway, Mega Beedrill's really cool. Mega Pidgeot is such a joke. Pidgeot is really cool pokemon, I really loved it. The design of Mega Pidgeot is really cool but its stats, and ability sucks.

Also, wynaut show offical arts of Winona, Tate and Liza, and Wallace(?) Come on! ;(

Drohn said:
Pidgeot is a Normal-type Pokémon, so Ghost-type moves won't affect him. Since it's a Flying-type and they are both Trevenant and Gourgeist are Grass-type Pokémon, Hurricane with No Guard (I think Wide Guard was an error; that's another move) is much more effective. Unless you're talking about double battles, of course.

I do like the Hurricane combination with No Guard, however. With a high special attack boost it will do serious damage and a chance of confusing the opponent. There are of course better abilities for it, but I don't think it's bad. It probably won't make it a top-tier Pokémon, but it's still a nice boost.

Oh, gosh. xD Yes, I meant No Guard. I was thinking of double battles, though; you could keep it from attacking Pidgeot's partner (or prevent it from trying to stall for a turn).

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't give it the obvious Gale Wings. Rain teams would become even harder to deal with, 'cause you can bet a lot of them would be taking advantage of full-accuracy priority Hurricane.

Edit: Windwhip, other than the Special Attack boost they mentioned (which lets it better use Hurricane), we have no clue what its stats are. I'm betting its speed will go up to 100 at least, if not 110 or so for good measure. Add ten points to its defenses, an obligatory ten to Attack, and we still have at least 50 points of Special Attack increase - though I guess that just brings it up to 120. Hm.

Ha! I did't expect beedrill. I really like the black and yellow drill concept, it looks really cool. I think Mega Pidgeot is a bit plain.

Gentlefish said:
Why does no one appreciate how awesome No Guard Hurricane (and Heat Wave if we get the same tutors) is? It will ALWAYS hit in ANY weather. It also screws over Gourgeist and Trevenant by hitting through Phantom Force...

100% accuracy stone edge says hello

aside from that, it doesn't seem to be too bad.

(omg Mega Rayquaza and Mega Pidgeot in a double battle = pidgeot with 0 weaknesses and 100% accurate Hurricanes may have its merits)

Gentlefish said:
Oh, gosh. xD Yes, I meant No Guard. I was thinking of double battles, though; you could keep it from attacking Pidgeot's partner (or prevent it from trying to stall for a turn).

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't give it the obvious Gale Wings. Rain teams would become even harder to deal with, 'cause you can bet a lot of them would be taking advantage of full-accuracy priority Hurricane.

Edit: Windwhip, other than the Special Attack boost they mentioned (which lets it better use Hurricane), we have no clue what its stats are. I'm betting its speed will go up to 100 at least, if not 110 or so for good measure. Add ten points to its defenses, an obligatory ten to Attack, and we still have at least 50 points of Special Attack increase - though I guess that just brings it up to 120. Hm.

Yea Heat Wave with No Guard and a Special Attack boost is definitely nice!

As for the Speed Stat, Pidgeot already got a boost from 91 to 101 in XY. Another boost to make it even faster would definitely be awesome too.

So if Hoopa is opening all of these portals to get these legendaries, how does one obtain Hoopa? Maybe by catching all of the legendaries caught this way?

Designs are nice for both Megas... which is something, since there isn't much else nice about them.
Beedrill is an extremely weak Pokemon. With its typing, it is actually more suitable for defense than offense. However while Beedrill's offensive stats are bad, its defensive are terrible. Its Mega Evolution shifts it even more on the offensive side by boosting its Attack and Speed. However, supposing all the 100 stat boost goes into the aforementioned stats (which is unlikely), Beedrill still has about the same Attack as Escavalier (and surprising similarities design-wise) with a far worse offensive typing. Beedrill has a better ability in Adaptability and higher Speed, however it lacks a good typing and can't learn Megahorn, making Beedrill's X-Scissor as strong as Escavalier's Megahorn. In other words, Beedrill is a faster, less bulkier and with less coverage Escavalier. Which happens to waste your Mega Evolution slot. That won't take it far.
Pidgeot is kinda better, in a way. However, for it to become good, it needs a 60 point boost in its Special Attack, leaving very little for the rest of the stats... not to mention that it's probably hard to get that much of a boost anyway. That's more than half the Mega Evolution boost. Aside from that, with its ability being No Guard, the only move that truly benefits it is Hurricane, with Heat Wave having a small share as well. While Hurricane is extremely powerful, No Guard also increases the accuracy of Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Thunder and Blizzard, from which now Pidgeot can't even depend on hax to escape. Same goes for Hydro Pump, Fire Blast and Focus Blast, all powerful moves that can severely damage Pidgeot due to its low defenses. Mega Pidgeot is way worse than it had the potential to be.

I like how Palkia and Reshiram are giving each other death glares in the official artwork.

Back