Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

210639-.jpg

Well, some of this make sense for me, other don't.

Also, about the article that James posted, I hope they do find the airplane or what passed to it, as hijacking is not 100% sure.

WanderingWolf said:
http://www.news.com.au/world/malaysia-confirms-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-was-hijacked/story-fndir2ev-1226855315871?from=public_rss

Shit just got confirmed.

Shit just got "well it was probably hijacked idk". :p

I don't know why they're so sure of it. I think they just don't want people freaking out in speculation.

Former NTSB investigator said:
Missing wreckage may never be found

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/new-information-missing-jet-raises-more-questions-n53661 said:
What could the motive be?

While Casey stopped short of speculating the disappearance of the plane was the result of a terrorist attack, he said it could have been part of a larger “nefarious scheme.”

“If you can do this three times, no one’s going to get on an airplane,” Casey said.

“I’m not convinced that this is suicide,” Casey said, but both he and Ransom said no possibilities could be ruled out, and the reason the plane went down remains as much a mystery as its whereabouts.

“We may never know the absolute background, what was the fueling fire, if you will, for this person to take or commandeer the aircraft and do something with it,” Feith said.

“We may never find all the answers,” he added.

The “very strange puzzle” is causing an international and “collective dread,” Casey said. “We are addicted to information and we’re not getting enough.”

omahanime said:
Supposedly up to a few days afterwards. You could call some of the cellphones and they would ring rather than go straight to voice mail.

A cell phone expert on CNN said that is happening because the carrier is searching for the phone, instead of the phone being on in coverage area.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/u-n-says-it-detected-no-crash-or-explosion-n55256 said:
U.N. Says It Detected No Crash or Explosion

Sensitive nuclear monitoring equipment has found no evidence that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 exploded or crashed, the U.N. said Monday.

While seismic systems used by the Vienna-based Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization are intended to detect nuclear explosions, they're also capable of picking up "the explosion of a larger aircraft, as well as its impact on the ground or on water," Stephane Dujarric, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, told reporters in New York.

But tests over the weekend had confirmed that "neither an explosion nor a plane crash on land or on water had been detected so far," Dujarric said Monday.

The organization's executive secretary ordered that all its sensors be used to try to find the plane, and he encouraged scientists from around the world to "carefully study the available data," Dujarric said.

lovandra said:
omahanime said:
Supposedly up to a few days afterwards. You could call some of the cellphones and they would ring rather than go straight to voice mail.
Nope, still voice mail. T.T

One of our relative is in that plane. And we still don't know how to react. Btw, thank you to making this thread *and discuss about this* I didn't know this news gone internationally.

I hope they'll find your relative, and the rest of the crew and passengers unharmed :)

It's weird how the phones go to voice-mail, if they were destroyed or turned off, wouldn't there just be no connection?

Voicemail services are part of a connection contract, not tied into the physical phone itself. If a phone is destroyed, the same thing will happen if the phone is simply turned off, or if the battery has run out.

I have a feeling it's pilot disorientation. They may have stopped at the wrong airport (not a main one, as those have been checked) and there may have been no signal in where they landed, not could they get their luggage. Heck, it may have even landed at an abandoned airport!

Then we would have heard about it by now...

Pretty sure the pilot hijacked it. Apparently there was "something valuable" on board that they won't clarify to the media, that would be a motive. On an island in forgot-where they saw a plane looking like MH370 flying really low.

I just read a Danish article, where a former pilot had 3 theroies about what happened.

Theory 1: Hijacking

Theory 2: Decompression (a hole was somehow created in the plane, making the pressure drop)

Theory 3: An electric fire started on the plane. The pilots would then have turned of most electrical appliances, including the communication, to try to stop the fire from spreading. He thinks that it might have turned, to try and land on another nearer airport, due to the fire.

I alsso hust heard that the Australian government just announced that they might have found the plane.

Maybe government knows what passed to it but it's so horrible/scary/strange that they can't tell people. Or the plane was hijacked.

Eron said:
Maybe government knows what passed to it but it's so horrible/scary/strange that they can't tell people. Or the plane was hijacked.

I really want this to be true. I want my sci-fi to become a reality dammit. v_v

steffenka said:
I just read a Danish article, where a former pilot had 3 theroies about what happened.

Theory 1: Hijacking

Theory 2: Decompression (a hole was somehow created in the plane, making the pressure drop)

Theory 3: An electric fire started on the plane. The pilots would then have turned of most electrical appliances, including the communication, to try to stop the fire from spreading. He thinks that it might have turned, to try and land on another nearer airport, due to the fire.

I alsso hust heard that the Australian government just announced that they might have found the plane.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Air Crash Investigations for all of those things, meaning the plane would have been found by now.

"Malaysia PM says satellite data indicates missing jetliner went down in Indian Ocean"
-FoxNews

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/03/24/malaysia-pm-says-data-indicates-missing-jetliner-went-down-in-indian-ocean/

Frost Mage said:
If that's true, how are they only finding this out now?

As far as I'm aware, they didn't give many specific details that led to this conclusion aside from the black box pings, the satellite images of potential aircraft debris, and some "analysis". According to the recent articles, it still seems like there is no solid evidence to say that it 100% went down for sure--my own opinion of course. I also think that we may never know for sure if/what information is being withheld from the public for possibly a variety of reasons. I just happened to catch that headline that this is what the Malaysian Prime Minister announced...my heart goes out to all of those grieving families regardless. This has to be devastating just to hang on to that hope only to hear this now.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/how-math-solved-mystery-missing-malaysian-jets-path-n62026

All the investigators had to go on were signals from a transmitter on the Boeing 777 jet that sent hourly pings to an Inmarsat telecom satellite, hovering high over the Indian Ocean. They were able to glean two key sets of clues from those signals: the angular distance of the jet when each of the pings was sent, and the frequency of each ping.

The angular distance allowed Inmarsat to draw a series of arcs, to the north and to the south, indicating the range of possible locations when each ping was sent.

I saw this story today.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/02/jeff-wise-mh370-theory.html

Back