Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this already cause this is creepy as hell.

all following information and pictures comes from The Aviation Herald, a website that reports on major aircraft news, especially accidents

A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200, registration 9M-MRO performing flight MH-370 from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) to Beijing (China) with 227 passengers and 12 crew, was enroute at FL350 about 40 minutes into the flight about 90nm northeast of Kota Bharu (Malaysia) over the Gulf of Thailand in contact with Subang Center (Malaysia) just about to be handed off to Ho Chi Minh Air Traffic Control Center (Vietnam) when radar and radio contact was lost at about 01:22L (17:22Z Mar 7th). Subang Air Traffic Control Center officially told the airline at around 02:40L (18:40Z Mar 7th) that the aircraft was missing. The aircraft would have run out of fuel by now, there have been no reports of the aircraft turning up on any airport in the region.

As of the moment of posting, there have been no leads as to the plane's location. It is unknown if it was blown up, crashed in the ocean, landed, or was abducted by aliens. There is literally no information. Pretty crazy.

It is believed that the plane turned around (or at least attempted to) at some point in its flight before going dark.

A Chinese newspaper also reported that a nearby US Air Force base overheard an emergency call from the aircraft, and the pilots are claiming that the plane's cockpit was disintegrating.

It was confirmed that at least TWO passengers on the plane were using stolen passports. When the manifest of the plane's passengers went out, two people from Austria and Italy reported that they were those people, and their passports had been stolen at an earlier point in time. One person was listed on the plane's manifest, but is still home in China, and still carries his passport.

It was confirmed earlier today that the two passengers with stolen passports were of Iranian descent, AND purchased the tickets on the same transaction. Despite this, there isn't exactly a great chance of terrorism. There is a greater implication of human trafficking or smuggling, and unfortunate circumstances just brought this to light.

One of the two passengers was a 19 year old on his way to Germany to live with his mother. His mother even called the police when he didn't arrive. The other passenger, a 29 year old, apparently got on the blame at the same time as the younger man. Not much is known about him though. Both men arrived in Malaysia using their normal passports, but switched to the illegal ones for unknown reasons.

A lack of debris has made it impossible to find the plane. Over the weekend it was reported that a door of the plane was found off the coast of Vietnam, but it was confirmed that it was not from MH370.

Some pictures of stuff:

A field of debris, spotted early morning on March 10.
lxCRqS7.jpg

While there is a chance this could be from the plane, the debris was found far away from the search zone, much farther than would be expected. The area is also heavily populated with fishing boats, and no one reported seeing the plane crash/explode/get abducted.

EDIT: Picture of debris above is not from MH370. It is unknown where it came from, but that's not important. Please view this post for information on China's satellite images.

I've been following along with this since the missing plane was first reported; pretty weird, pretty scary. My very first thought was Stephen King's short story The Langoliers. >_>

It's very sad, and I am hoping for good news. But, that seems unlikely now. It kinda reminds me of the Bermuda Triangle--missing planes. Maybe it landed down in a jungle in Vietnam where it's isolated? It's surprising that that haven't found any trace of it. Did they not have gps for the aircraft? Shouldn't they know it's approximate coordinates?

While it does seem odd that a plane can just disappear, especially with all the technology we have, apparently it's not really all that surprising to experts. Here is a cool article I read earlier today that sheds a bit more light on the issue of the reality of a disappearing jet plane.

GPS can't locate a plane without communication system.
It's pretty strange that no sign was found, though. It's not the middle of the ocean, or the Bermuda Triangle for one. Unless it fell in the sea, in the night, on a deep spot, far away than any fisherman, and sank there and then... I can't place my finger on it. And I heavily doubt that it was aliens.

Earlier this morning China released a few satellite images of what they believe is wreckage of the plane. The pictures were taken a few days ago on March 9, but they were not published due to limited information. However, it should be noted that if the Chinese government decided to show these now, and not through some crazy leaks, than they are almost certain this wreckage is from the plane. They spotted three parts of apparent wreckage, the objects measuring 13m by 18m (43ft by 59ft), 14m by 19m and 24m by 22m. For context, the Boeing 777 is just under 64m long.

EDIT: haha nope, nevermind. There's a greater chance of finding aliens than this plane.

ozovEoI.jpg

9ohp2XJ.jpg

uDQFU7s.jpg

Looks like China decided to retract their statements on the above pictures. They now have doubts that the object in the pictures is wreckage of the plane, let alone wreckage of anything.

It's been just about a week, and now we're back to Square 1.

we_aint_found_shit.gif

I'm calling it: this will soon be on an episode of Ancient Aliens.

I'm still curious about the supposed terrorist angle. I'm hoping it's not and that everyone is safe. However, this seems unlikely as this point.

This is starting to seem like the start of a bad television series or an old James Bond movie.

omahanime said:
This is starting to seem like the start of a bad television series or an old James Bond movie.

Or old ep of In Search of hosted by Lenard Nimoy in the 70's

I really didn't expect a plane to go missing. If it has been this long and there has not been a trace of them I strongly doubt good news will follow if they manage to find out what happened. It's quite sad if that's the case, but it doesn't seem to me that there is a happy ending.

*Continues hoping for the best.

Athena said:
I've been following along with this since the missing plane was first reported; pretty weird, pretty scary. My very first thought was Stephen King's short story The Langoliers. >_>
That miniseries though.

"Look at the new people!"

"Did you hear that? We're new people!!!"

*runs off into freeze frame of them all jumping*

This is really creepy, I love mysteries like this.

Two words: Lost Island

I'll bet there's was this guy down in a bunker and he has to press a button every 108 minutes and if he doesn't press the button a large electromagnetic field builds up and he forgot so the plane got caught in the electromagnetic field and got pulled down out of the sky and crashed onto deserted island which travels through time and we don't know where it went.

The US government has said that two communication systems on the plane went off at two separate times. Obviously if the plane blew up or crashed in the ocean, these systems would have gone off at the same time. However, in this case of two separate times, it needed to be deliberate.

Meaning this was no accident.

Shit just got real. Again.

Just do me a favor guys, and try to not post too many "lol aliens" stuff. Please. I want this thread to have realistic speculation, so in case you want aliens, pics or it didn't happen.

Supposedly up to a few days afterwards. You could call some of the cellphones and they would ring rather than go straight to voice mail.

omahanime said:
Supposedly up to a few days afterwards. You could call some of the cellphones and they would ring rather than go straight to voice mail.
Nope, still voice mail. T.T

One of our relative is in that plane. And we still don't know how to react. Btw, thank you to making this thread *and discuss about this* I didn't know this news gone internationally.

So radar suggests the plane ascended to 45000 feet, and then descended unevenly to 23000 feet. During this period it descended 40000 feet in under a minute. For those unfamiliar with airplanes, this is literally impossible outside of the event of a near nosedive, which would set off the black box (but it didn't).

At 45000 feet the pressure in the cabin would have been enough to knockout everyone on board besides the pilot (special oxygen supply in the cockpit). This gives a heavy implication of a hijacker taking the plane up to 45000 feet to knockout everyone, but something went wrong in the process, and probably fell unconscious himself before the autopilot could take over and stabilize.

Here's a flight simulator commentary from "spunkyass69" (damn right) on Reddit. Please note that a 777's service ceiling is 43000 feet.

Can a Boeing 777 even make it to 45,000 feet?

Edit: After many attempts on my flight simulator, I got to about 43,000 feet before I stalled the jet.

Edit 2: I tried to build speed by diving the plane. A 20 degree dive from 35,000 feet to 30,000 feet didn't create enough airspeed to successfully get to 45,000 feet using 15, 20, and 25 degree up angle climbs. I stalled miserably around 39,000 feet.

Edit 3: After dumping all but 24,000 lb of fuel (roughly one hour's worth) and getting rid of 33,000 lbs of passengers, the plane stalled at 46,000 feet! It wasn't easy. It took me 10 minutes of careful flying to climb the last 5,000 feet. I know this scenareo is unlikely but I wanted to see what a skinny 777 could do.

Edit 4: It took me 1 minute and 15 seconds to lose 40,000 feet altitude from a starting altitude of 43,000 feet by doing a 60 degree dive. By the time the plane pulled out of the dive at leveled off at 2,000 feet, it was doing mach 1.117 (769 mph)(1,239 kph). It took me around 3 attempts to successfully do this test. Pulling out of the dive too hard resulted in structure over-G and a wing coming off. The plane in this test did not dump fuel and it did have all of it's passengers. I did fully throttle down during the dive. I let gravity do the work.

American official is right, a lot of this doesn't make any sense.

That's really weird... These would have to be some pretty advanced terrorists to know how to disconnect the plane from the tracking, right? I mean, where does a plane go?

@Rusty Sticks; Jesus...

http://www.news.com.au/world/malaysia-confirms-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-was-hijacked/story-fndir2ev-1226855315871?from=public_rss

Shit just got confirmed.

Back