Lucky's Fiery Den of Art

RE: Lucky's Drawings

There wasn't very much shade, though, so I didn't notice. Even so, shouldn't there have been a little bit more?

Do you ever make a practice of saving .xcf files on GIMP? Basically .xcf is the basic file format GIMP uses - it keeps all the layers and other such things intact, so if ever you need to make a change, you don't have to scrap the whole thing; you can just start from where you left off. I keep mine for a couple weeks after I make a banner, just in case.

But, whenever you have time to edit.

I still have GIMP, but I used Paintbrush for the most recent drawings.

I guess with some practice, I did it so that you thought it created it on GIMP? :p

It's mostly to go back and make any necessary changes if you find you made a tiny mistake. (Before I did that, if I made a mistake, I had to make the entire banner all over again from step 1 - not a fun thing to do.)

RE: Lucky's Drawings (Thread Changes in Effect)

Updated the first post. Caution: Posts before my post about "Weed Horn Dragon" might not make sense.

Added "Glistening Skies" to the list.

21mewkk.png

The shading is, for the most part, very nice. I think the main problem is obviously the part of the tree concealed in shadow. By the looks of it, it appears to be 100% black - when, more accurately, it should be either a rather dark shade of green (or brown on the trunk), though not so dark as to be indiscernible. Other than that, it looks pretty good...well, aside from the fact that the stars look like Dippin' Dots :p

Good for a pilot attempt at shading! Continue to practice!

What is a Vineiccati? It sounds like some sort of pasta :p

DNA said:
What is a Vineiccati? It sounds like some sort of pasta :p

It's the name of the tribe. :p

And the leader is named Maruk. He seems...evil.

And in what universe does Maruk and Vineiccati exist? You don't explain anywhere in this thread.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
And in what universe does Maruk and Vineiccati exist? You don't explain anywhere in this thread.

What do you mean by 'universe'?

Other than that, I've uploaded Savannah from the Xacivee tribe!

11bhnit.png

In fanfic/fanart terms, a universe is an entire world where a story is played out. So in this case, it would be the universe of [story]. Am I right?

If you're using a term that doesn't exist outside of that universe, you need to explain it. That's why I asked what a Vineiccati is - I have never heard that word before.

Oh.

Well, to begin, a Vineiccati is a tribe of dragons. And a Xacivee is almost the same thing. They both exist in the universe of Tempest, a story that I plan to post soon once Journey and The Time Portal's unfinished chapters have been posted.

That's much better.
If you're going to introduce a drawing of something that doesn't exist (especially if you're using words that don't exist), you're going to have to explain what it is in future.

Just a friendly heads-up =)

I really like the last one! It's effects are really cool! I also love the way you make the creature eyes! Great job!

So... uh... well, a update is long overdue, so I tried a hand at spiriting. Not too bad, for starters.

2j32tz8.jpg

I guess I can make it my selfie. :p

Back